• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Constitutional Carry? Blame Republicans

bluehighways

I helped vote them into power as I'm sure most of you did too. What we need to make a stand on is elected public servants acting true to their words. The party line says 'no permit carry'. If our elected servants deviate from their promises, we will remove them from power with our votes.

hardballer

I helped vote them into power as I'm sure most of you did too. What we need to make a stand on is elected public servants acting true to their words. The party line says 'no permit carry'. If our elected servants deviate from their promises, we will remove them from power with our votes.

D@mn Straight!

bigdaddy1

Only partially right, you also need to spread blame to ourselves. We elected them, we are the ones who would let the second amendment slip away. With that in mind remember the silent majority is just that, silent. If we let people like Gene German get their way and force mandatory training down our throats so they can fill their pockets, is it right to apply full blame to the elected officials? Be the thorn in their side, make sure they know who you are. Let them see your name and sigh, saying "not him again".

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Some Democrats may vote for the bill to curry favor with firearm owners. Alternatively they could agree in their caucus not to submit any admendments that provide regulation and requirements to a clean Constitutional Carry bill. That way they could claim that they could not in good conscience vote to allow guns to be carried without regulation and requirements.

The Republicans have a large enough majority in the Senate and Assembly that their caucus could allow a "free vote" to some Rebublicans to vote against a clean bill for the same reason. It comes down to that the Republicans can pass any bill they wish to.

WCI, the NRA, other firearm freedom organizations, firearm owners, TEA Party members and other conservative organizations need to keep pushing....in one direction.

http://www.governing.com/topics/politics/lawmaking/In-Wisconsin-Partisan-Battles.html

Last edited:

protias

Let's just say I've contact my reps once again today. I think I'll be doing a weekly email. I should call as well, but we'll see how lazy I am.

Serpent

How about working from within?

We joined the LaCrosse county republican party a couple of years ago. My wife is now on the executive board, and was just appointed 2A coordinator.
If you join the party at the county level, your influence can be much greater. If we get enough people on board and get the right people elected to leadership positions, we can have a much greater impact on the representatives. It's far easier to pressure them to follow the party platform when you can do it from within.
LaCrosse is having the caucus to elect a new board on Feb 16. You have to be a member at least 10 days before that to be able to vote. I don't know when the rest of the county partys are having theirs, but you should be able to find out easily enough. We need more vocal 2A supporters working from within at the county level throughout the state.
If you live in LaCrosse county, and want more info, PM me. If you don't, check into your county party. Now is the time!

Patriot Prepper

The Republicans just gained control of Congress and they do not control the Senate. Just a reminder.

I think it is important to push on both parties, especially the Republicans. The Republican have jumped on the Constitutional bandwagon during the election. Let's see if it was political rhetoric or if they will follow Constitutional Principles.

Open carry is one of our 2nd Amendment rights. That right shall not be infringed. We need to remind politicians that we will stand up for that right without compromise.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The Republicans just gained control of Congress and they do not control the Senate. Just a reminder.

I think it is important to push on both parties, especially the Republicans. The Republican have jumped on the Constitutional bandwagon during the election. Let's see if it was political rhetoric or if they will follow Constitutional Principles.

Open carry is one of our 2nd Amendment rights. That right shall not be infringed. We need to remind politicians that we will stand up for that right without compromise.

We are talking about the Wisconsin State Senate and Assembly. In Wisconsin we have a once in a lifetime chance to get legislation that confirms the American and Wisconsin Constitutionals rights to bear arms.

Interceptor_Knight

The Republicans are in complete control, they can do whatever they WANT to do:
And what do you expect would happen should the Dems take control in the future if the Republicans play power games? Would you like it if the Dems would erase our hard earned progress just to spite us? Working together will maintain more continuity for the future.

Interceptor_Knight

..Open carry is one of our 2nd Amendment rights. That right shall not be infringed. We need to remind politicians that we will stand up for that right without compromise.

The US CONUS does not guarantee the ability to OC. The SCOTUS has directly said so. Don't forget that the WI State Constitution is more powerful regarding our right to bear arms than is the 2A. A specific method of carry is not protected so long as you are able to lawfully carry in some manner.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
And what do you expect would happen should the Dems take control in the future if the Republicans play power games? Would you like it if the Dems would erase our hard earned progress just to spite us? Working together will maintain more continuity for the future.

They will try, given the anti-firearm Milwaukee-Madison lock on the Democrat party. Another reason if you live in a traditionally Democrat district it's better to work for a Blue Dog Democrat rather than a Republican that has no chance.

The Democrats that would support us, such as Decker, NRA "A" rating, got voted out in the last election.

Does anyone know if they have a Democrat state senator or representative with an NRA rating of "A" or "B"? I haven't been able to find the NRA ratings for last November state Senate and Assembly races. If anyone knows where they are available, post a link.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"