Thread: South Orange County!

South Orange County!

Greetings!
    First time posting, as you can see these forums are great, so helpful, and is filled with a great community of helpful people, just from what I've been reading.
    I have not OCed as of yet, and from just reading on here have gained a lot of knowledge as to what to do and what not to.
    A few weeks ago I was actually inquiring as to if it was legal, and all the "red tape", and laws and what not, and then stumbled on this forum. Great find! I might add. Again, very helpful.
    Anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of South OC, OCers, but, I would like to start OCing, and well, would like to see if there are any "events" in the near future. Like I said, I would like to start OCing, I would just like to talk to some seasoned vets on doing it.

Thanks.

Romans116,
    If you're interested in a quick coffee & OC meet, I may be available during the week.

Before you decide to carry, please read the newbie thread and the information available at www.californiaopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by Romans116 View Post
    Greetings!
    First time posting, as you can see these forums are great, so helpful, and is filled with a great community of helpful people, just from what I've been reading.
    I have not OCed as of yet, and from just reading on here have gained a lot of knowledge as to what to do and what not to.
    A few weeks ago I was actually inquiring as to if it was legal, and all the "red tape", and laws and what not, and then stumbled on this forum. Great find! I might add. Again, very helpful.
    Anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of South OC, OCers, but, I would like to start OCing, and well, would like to see if there are any "events" in the near future. Like I said, I would like to start OCing, I would just like to talk to some seasoned vets on doing it.

Thanks.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Quote Originally Posted by demnogis View Post
    Romans116,
    If you're interested in a quick coffee & OC meet, I may be available during the week.

Before you decide to carry, please read the newbie thread and the information available at www.californiaopencarry.org
    That would be awesome! I would greatly appreciate that. I actually have been "lurking" these forums for about a month, and I don't know why I never signed up, but I am now anyways, thanks for that site, I actually had like 4 home page apps on m iPhone, now I only need one, the one you supplied me with, thanks.

are you ready to get detained with machine guns pointed at your face and head? are you ready to deal with 10+ cops? if you are, welcome to UOC in OC.

Quote Originally Posted by xnetc9 View Post
    are you ready to get detained with machine guns pointed at your face and head? are you ready to deal with 10+ cops? if you are, welcome to UOC in OC.
    Haha, that's the second time I've heard that. I'm fine with it just read the garden grove fountain valley thread. I'm fine with cops, I deal with them on a weekly basis, for the most part, but not because of my wrong doing.

I'm sure there are going to be some meetups scheduled in Orange County.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    I'm sure there are going to be some meetups scheduled in Orange County.
    Looking forward to it. Any "calendar" or specific sites/forums I should look at? Or just keep an eye out here?

Quote Originally Posted by Romans116 View Post
    Looking forward to it. Any "calendar" or specific sites/forums I should look at? Or just keep an eye out here?
    maybe me and my gf should do a meet up with you guys just for fun. our work hours are irregular and so we can't make it most of the time.
    after my gf's first cuff+gun in her face detainment, she now KNOWS to carry a recorder. the police twists her words a lot to try to make a charge and arrest. btw, the police mention that it is illegal now to buy m4s in californa since jan 1st. is this true?

maybe me and my gf should do a meet up with you guys just for fun. our work hours are irregular and so we can't make it most of the time.
    after my gf's first cuff+gun in her face detainment, she now KNOWS to carry a recorder. the police twists her words a lot to try to make a charge and arrest. btw, the police mention that it is illegal now to buy m4s in californa since jan 1st. is this true?
    Oooof, yeah read the thread you made. And I was actually planning on purchasing one in the near future. And haven't heard such a thing. So...no? And I would assume their would be sone thread on here that is stickied that would say so.

And, the more the better.

[t]he police mention that it is illegal now to buy m4s in californa since jan 1st. is this true?
    Presuming that by M4 you mean an 'AR-Pattern semi-automatic rifle' - Nothing has changed as of 1/1/11 vs 12/31/10.

See the 'CA Assault Rifle Flow Chart' from the CalGuns Foundation for the details.
    http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    Presuming that by M4 you mean an 'AR-Pattern semi-automatic rifle' - Nothing has changed as of 1/1/11 vs 12/31/10.

See the 'CA Assault Rifle Flow Chart' from the CalGuns Foundation for the details.
    http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
    as far as i know, while my brother was being detained at m4 gunpoint, he commented "nice m4". the police responded with a smirk "yea, and it's automatic too. aftar jan 2011, civilians can no longer buy an m4 in califorina, even a semiauto one."

maybe the cop is just saying that to prevent the citizens from owning powerful weapons. as long as the civilians have no weapons, or strong ones, we can never rebel against these facist cops.

as far as i know, while my brother was being detained at m4 gunpoint, he commented "nice m4". the police responded with a smirk "yea, and it's automatic too. aftar jan 2011, civilians can no longer buy an m4 in califorina, even a semiauto one."

maybe the cop is just saying that to prevent the citizens from owning powerful weapons. as long as the civilians have no weapons, or strong ones, we can never rebel against these facist cops.
    LEO FUD

Well I just realize this...you can't goto or leave Laguna beach (where I live) while UOCing...schools on the North, and south side of PCH. And if you leave out of Laguna canyon road...well, one more k-5 school. On another note...I'm 1000ft+ away from the highshool I live by... just can't leave...

Sooo? Free days? If any, or anyone? Haha.

Thursday probably. Shoot my a PM (no pun intended).
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.