• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News, 1 Dead 4 injured at Port Orchard Wal Mart

amlevin

Just showed up in "News Crawl" at bottom of TV screen that two Police Officers and two Citizens were shot in front of Wal-Mart in Port Orchard.

Detail sure to follow.

Add: two in custody.

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

Wow. That sucks. It looks like it will be hell shopping there for me for a while. I'm one of the Port Orchard open carriers and Walmart is a frequent stop.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Yeah. There is something wrong...

On the walmart shooting story... The witnesses said that they heard 1 shot then they heard many more fired very rapidly. It was apparently outside of the building. So... were the suspects being chased by police and then fired at them or did the police show up because of another crime and the suspects fired at them? I'm veyr confused since the suspects didn't fire before the police showed up. Maybe they were walking around brandishing their firearms and someone called the police?

I wish there were more answers and details.

Tomas

On the level of no more than rumor:

Police initially were called to the Wal*mart for a domestic dispute.

and

The two officers were shot by the police...

Be interesting to see what actually happened once there is more info available.

Batousaii

The two officers were shot by the police...

Friendly Fire? You mean Officers shot at eachother? Where did you get that impression (i know you said just rumor, but is this what you meant?) - That'd be insanely sad.

the "Offenders" were shot by the police ?? (correction?)

- Waiting for more news with the rest of ya.

Last edited:

Tomas

Friendly Fire? You mean Officers shot at eachother? Where did you get that impression (i know you said just rumor, but is this what you meant?) - That'd be insanely sad.

- Waiting for more clairification with the rest of ya.

The officers being wounded by police fire was mentioned as part of the "breaking news" at the beginning of the 5 o'clock news on KING 5. That one mention is all I've heard of that, and they may have just misspoken...

Unconfirmed reports that the young female victim transported to the hospital in Tacom may have died.

Tomas

Can probably scratch the "friendly fire" rumor - the video on-line at KING 5 does NOT have that reference in it. Appears that the officers were wounded by the dead-at-the-scene suspect. Unsure who shot the young female who died at the hospital in Tacoma.

Looking at the raw video from the KIRO 7 chopper, there are some very large pools of blood on the parking lot where the officers (and I assume the female victim) were shot. :(

http://www.kirotv.com/video/26590305/index.html

Looks like the dead-at-the-scene suspect who fired at officers is under a sheet about thirty or forty feet from the bloodstains according to the raw Chopper 7 video linked above.

Last edited:

Tomas

Just a thought, but "MWAG" calls responded to in the area may very well be a bit twitchy in the near future...

From KIRO:
"It happened at about 3:45 p.m. after deputies received a numerous calls, including a call from a bystander who was concerned about a man walking around with a gun, Wilson said.

When three deputies arrived, the man ran away, then turned around and fired at a deputy. Deputies returned fire, Wilson said."

Batousaii

Ya probably a typo from initial reporter. It's a sad situation, and indeed alarming. The wife and i moved there to live in a quiet corner of WA. After i seen some gang grafitti on the old gas staion, i felt a bit concerned. I wonder if the "suspicious" guy was from around here, or if there were gang relations - All speculation (more like internal thoughts)... but makes me wonder about the deaper implications of this situation. I open carry around Port Orchard often, any day it's not too cold or rainy. Probably gonna be a pain for a little bit, but, we are not the bad guys, and hopefully wont be treated as such.

- I really wonder what the story is with the contactee that got slain.

- My hopes and well wishes go out to the officers and any innocents that were injured or killed.

P.S. .. Nat, were you open carrying? - I Often OC at Walmart. ... I think the suspicious guy might have been actively brandishing or making a scene with the firearm (not just walking along with it holstered) - just my thoughts.

Last edited:

amlevin

Wal-Mart may not remain the "gun friendly" corporation they have been so far. In the last 6 days this makes incident #3 with gunfire at Walmarts. Kissimee , FL; N. Las Vegas, NV; and now this. Add the October shootout in Reno at a Walmart.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Wal-Mart may not remain the "gun friendly" corporation they have been so far. In the last 6 days this makes incident #3 with gunfire at Walmarts. Kissimee , FL; N. Las Vegas, NV; and now this. Add the October shootout in Reno at a Walmart.

This may be a gang problem. I have heard of some gangs making initiates go to Walmarts and commit crimes such as shootings. I hope their stupidity doesn't hurt us all more than just being gangs already does.

Nathan9493

P.S. .. Nat, were you open carrying? - I Often OC at Walmart. ... I think the suspicious guy might have been actively brandishing or making a scene with the firearm (not just walking along with it holstered) - just my thoughts.

No I wasn't. I had just went to Wendy's and drove thru the lot. Could've been the wrong place at the wrong time for me.

Batousaii

Here we go...." including a call from a bystander who was concerned about a man walking around with a gun at the store in Port Orchard"

I've walked around that store with an openly carried firearm many many times and never had trouble. Other stores include Safeway, Fred Meyers, etc. etc.

- I think there is more to it than is being detailed. I have to assume he was waving it around, yelling and making a scene or something that caused attention. Not to mention he fired at officers as they attempted to contact him. I cant see this being a regular situation where he was casually minding his own business when the bystander called. I know some core-anti types call police and complain, but doesnt usually result in someone being shot at. Seems the caller may have seen or reported more than just a guy walking around with a gun .. 911 tapes might be interesting to hear. - Seems alot more is involved with this than we are aware of.

Just my thoughts.

Nathan9493

I've walked around that store with an openly carried firearm many many times and never had trouble. Other stores include Safeway, Fred Meyers, etc. etc.

- I think there is more to it than is being detailed. I have to assume he was waving it around, yelling and making a scene or something that caused attention. Not to mention he fired at officers as they attempted to contact him. I cant see this being a regular situation where he was casually minding his own business when the bystander called. I know some core-anti types call police and complain, but doesnt usually result in someone being shot at. Seems the caller may have seen or reported more than just a guy walking around with a gun .. 911 tapes might be interesting to hear. - Seems alot more is involved with this than we are aware of.

Just my thoughts.

I Hope you right