• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Shootings in the news.

M

McX

Officials: Gunman shoots 4 officers inside Detroit precinct

Walmart shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 Wash. deputies wounded

Landose_theghost

Didn't see the any links. Found em' of Drudge & yahoo. Figured I'd postem.

http://www.freep.com/article/201101...police-shot-in-Detroit-precinct-gunman-killed

Hmmm...Not sure how permits work in Wash or detroit, but I'm willing to bet any $ that none of the assailants had the required "permit(s)" to carry (if indeed that were a requirement to carry in thier respective states). Which pretty much backs up the fact that permit systems, and or gun restrictions in general,are junk to begin with. Again, WAVE, please tell again us how strict gun control would have stopped any of these events from happening?

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/national/shooting-at-washington-walmart-20110124-ncx

Sorry for the highjack there bud,back to your regularly scheduled post. :D

Last edited:

hardballer

Didn't see the any links. Found em' of Drudge & yahoo. Figured I'd postem.

http://www.freep.com/article/201101...police-shot-in-Detroit-precinct-gunman-killed

Hmmm...Not sure how permits work in Wash or detroit, but I'm willing to bet any $ that none of the assailants had the required "permit(s)" to carry (if indeed that were a requirement to carry in thier respective states). Which pretty much backs up the fact that permit systems, and or gun restrictions in general,are junk to begin with. Again, WAVE, please tell again us how strict gun control would have stopped any of these events from happening?

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/national/shooting-at-washington-walmart-20110124-ncx

Sorry for the highjack there bud,back to your regularly scheduled post. :D
+1

M

McX

wave's gun control ideas are like closing the barn door after the horse got out, the real solution is to buy more horses! it's amusing though, the public isnt buying the idea of more gun control in the wake of these shootings, instead they're buying permits to carry, guns, and ammo. looks like everyone nation wide is figuring it out, and wave's lies just fade into the background. i'll bet some of their members are even out shopping for permits, guns, and ammo. they just dont want to admit it. you'll see them at the gun stores wearing dark sunglasses.

LR Yote 312

you'll see them at the gun stores wearing dark sunglasses.

They are pretty easy to spot anywhere....

I took my 1911 for a walk a couple weeks ago to the super market....Hey,1911's gotta eat too ya know... It was pretty evident this person was a member. The puddle on the floor and the stain in their pants was a dead give away.

LR Yote.

Last edited:
M

McX

Police: Man kills 2 Fla. officers in firefight

Miami-Dade County detectives were killed by a murder suspect they were trying to arrest.

#

Full Story »
#
Hunt on in Indiana for fugitive who shot policeman

3 fatally shot in Ind., 4-year-old girl spared

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Police: Man kills 2 Fla. officers in firefight

Miami-Dade County detectives were killed by a murder suspect they were trying to arrest.

#

Full Story »
#
Hunt on in Indiana for fugitive who shot policeman

No question that the Florida shooter could not legally own a firearm....this guy was walking around armed. The Joyce Foundation front organizations like WAVE will continue to goad their sheeple zealots into believing firearm deaths will no longer occur if it is made difficult for law abiding citizens to exercise their Constitutional rights.

M

McX

it's getting to be looney land out there. criminals who shoot cops have no problem victimizing and shooting citizens. 2011 looks like it will turn out to be the year of the nut.

XDFDE45

if one of these nutjobs will shoot a LEO, they will shoot YOU, ME or any member of WAVE and not feel bad about it. Lack of respect for authority and human life is the problem.
+1.gif
People like that are a threat to EVERY member of society as they will not discriminate as to who they will shoot.

M

McX

and now i see in the news the Arizona shooter has pled not guilty, can it get any more perverse?

oliverclotheshoff

dane county deputy killed in shoot out dont know when or where just caught the last sentence on the news last night

correction former dane county dispatcher killed in a shoot out in florida

Last edited:

gollbladder13

dane county deputy killed in shoot out dont know when or where just caught the last sentence on the news last night

correction former dane county dispatcher killed in a shoot out in florida

Yep, he used to work in Dane, and he was one of the fallen officers.

11 officers shot in a 24 hours period across the country.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/2...targeted-officers-shot-hours/?test=latestnews

ETA: This is why I get nervous when I see people on gun forum that are outspoken for their hatred for cops. It's not illegal to hate them, but it makes me uneasy.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
ETA: This is why I get nervous when I see people on gun forum that are outspoken for their hatred for cops. It's not illegal to hate them, but it makes me uneasy.

& vice versa. Which is ironic considering the common shared concerns both groups have. The antis for years have used shootings of police officers as a reason for more firearm restrictions. The pro firearm constituency has to get out the message as to the background(s) of the prepetrator(s) when these tragedies occur.