• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeland Security Busy (OT re: Illegal "residents")

amlevin

http://www.kirotv.com/news/26582211/detail.html

The Department of Homeland Security announced Friday that they had arrested 14 people and taken another 16 into custody. The 14 arrested were scheduled to make initial court appearances on Friday, DHS officials said.
Thirteen of the people arrested were charged with visa fraud and government identification fraud, and three of the 13 have also been charged with a false claim to U.S. citizenship, DHS said. The one remaining person of the 14 has been charged with re-entry into the U.S. after deportation, according to DHS.
"Those who create and sell fraudulent documents compromise our nation's legal identification system and provide counterfeit identities to those who may otherwise be ineligible to live or work legally in the United States," said Leigh Winchell, special agent in charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Washington. "Targeting those who commit this type of crime is an enforcement priority for HSI."

Wonder if they didn't just use records seized in recent raids on a "Document Mill" to run down some of those who are here illegally. Note that 13 are charged with false claim to US Citizenship. Wonder if they will be charged with voter fraud too?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Here is a little more to the story from the East Side of the Mountains.
There is some dismay in the Hispanic community as to those who were arrested and will be deported as in dropped off at the border and no way to get to their families in Mexico.

Ellensburg immigration raid lands 14 in detention
The defendants were arrested on criminal charges related to an investigation into the manufacture and purchase of counterfeit identity and employment documents, ICE officials said in a news release.
Full Story

ICE raid shakes Latinos
YAKIMA -- A day after immigration authorities descended on Ellensburg in a sweep that netted 30 arrests, local groups are trying to settle a shaken Latino community.
Local churches are providing food and money to affected families and have brought in immigration attorneys to offer free legal advice, said Robert Siler, chancellor of the Diocese of Yakima.
Full Story

How is lack of prior planning on their part, my problem?

Last edited:

DEROS72

I don't care where or how they got the records or what happens to them from here.They were here illegally and we need to get rid of them!

amzbrady

If they are going to be here, they need to come here legally. They also need to be on the books. Using our Retirement fund to pay for welfare and then paying them to work under the table so they can send their money home, doesnt help us who want to see our Social Security. They need to find another way to punish them, just sending them home means they get a free trip home to see their family then they come back illegally and break more laws.
Maybe Tattoo Illegal US Reject on their forehead, the repeat offenders will be easier to find that way, and might deter a few from wanting to come to the US illegally.

View attachment 5038 View attachment 5039

Last edited:

amlevin

I found it interesting that this raid occured not long after a large document counterfeiting ring was busted back East. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if these counterfeiters were sharing tech tips, supplies, and distribution networks. If so then look forward to more raids and arrests.

As far as I am concerned it's about time. It's also about time for ICE to get serious with employers. Everyone from the small contractor that picks up his illegal workers at the Home Depot and pays in cash, to the Big employer that might even be helping people find documents. If the jobs dry up then the "border traffic" might just do the same.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I found it interesting that this raid occured not long after a large document counterfeiting ring was busted back East. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if these counterfeiters were sharing tech tips, supplies, and distribution networks. If so then look forward to more raids and arrests.

As far as I am concerned it's about time. It's also about time for ICE to get serious with employers. Everyone from the small contractor that picks up his illegal workers at the Home Depot and pays in cash, to the Big employer that might even be helping people find documents. If the jobs dry up then the "border traffic" might just do the same.

+1. And I don't want to hear "think about their wives/families/children...." The American who chooses to marry an individual here illegally, the parents who raise their children here though illegally present themselves, etc. need to take responsibility. The parents may have harmed their children's futures, but they did so fully expecting to be rewarded.

M

McX

it would be nice to think that Homeland Security does something other than; putting innocent citizens on no fly lists, groping people at airports, setting up surveliance cameras, and commie messages everywhere, eroding our rights, and privacy(ies), and generally ******* off the population as a whole. hey, i got an idea, how about protecting our elected officials, and dealing with the problems along our border...............sorry this window is closed, please move to the next available clerk............right?

Kirbinator

There is some dismay in the Hispanic community as to those who were arrested and will be deported as in dropped off at the border and no way to get to their families in Mexico.

I'm sorry? How are you entitled to a ride back to your village, 300 miles south of the border?

Entitlement: The newest evil. Want something? Work for it!

MK

I feel sorry for the majority of illegal aliens that get caught. Sure, some of them are criminals but alot of them are decent family folk who are trying to escape a pretty screwed up and putrid world. If I were trapped in Mexico as a citizen of that country with my the wife and kids that I dearly love and have to provide for, I would do everything I could legally and even illegally to get them into the United States. I couldn't imagine the desperate situation so many of them are living under. Voting your family out of it is pretty much an impossible solution. Most of us should be smart enough to realize that.

I don't have the right answers as I know we as a country can't take care of every other nation's ills but I damn sure can't blame these people or harbor any hate and animosity towards them for doing what most sane parents and spouses would try to do if caught in that same horrible situation of being a financially destitute Mexican citizen.

That place is a complete hell hole for the majority of their population. I don't fault them at all for trying to escape into the United States.

eye95

All who cross the border illegally are criminals. All. Not some. Not most. ALL. I have no sympathy for them at all.

Let's drop them at the border in the middle of the desert and let the Mexican government and "charitable" groups give them maps and put up water stations. Make them pay a coyote to help them get home.

sudden valley gunner

I do feel sorry for many, my solution is take away entitlements and benefits and the problem will disappear, because then the folks who come here (other than contraband dealers, but we should remove the unconstitutional drug laws too) come here to work and provide for their families and become a necessary part of our society and ad to our colorful heritage.

MK

I do feel sorry for many, my solution is take away entitlements and benefits and the problem will disappear, because then the folks who come here (other than contraband dealers, but we should remove the unconstitutional drug laws too) come here to work and provide for their families and become a necessary part of our society and ad to our colorful heritage.

+100%

nonameisgood

ICE frequently flies them to central Mexico and drops them far from the border.

Yes, I feel sorry for them. No, I don't think they should stay. They need to fight for their country. All the guns flowing in should be into the hands of citizens who will protect the country from the cartels and such.

Demand that the Mexican Govt either step up, or dissolve and simply allow the people to form a new nation from the ashes. Mexicans have much history to be proud of, but you can only ride the past for so long. Most/many Mexicans live in cities that are relatively modern, but disparity between haves and have-nots continues to grow.
They should Viva Mexico.
We should remember the Alamo.

If our country was turning into a sh-thole, we'd be fighting back. Viva our 2nd amendment!

rushcreek2

Hardworking or not, these U.S. immigration law violators are not "honest" by definition.
An honest person enters this country legally. These people come from a culture that has no real "law" - respects no laws - only corruption. Make no mistake about it - there is a "war for the conquest of America" in progress right now. If this fact is not recognized soon - within 20 years America will be transformed into an extension of the Northern border regions of Mexico.

If the 50 STATES do not get a handle on this situtation soon, this nation will become a festering landscape of multi-ethnic "boils" - each one with its own ancestral "axe" to grind and polish until all that remains is "Road Warrior City Limits" , U.S.A.

lowlux

You have no clue?? The Big employer brings them over in the bus loads, and then calls ICE when they start trouble.. or want more money.... they are deported and they bring new ones over... the Big employer even owns the trailer parks they live in.. the Big employer also pays the cops... its all ******* rigged,

lowlux

its Big employer who funds the **** heads in GOV, There are 3 major company's in the USA that produce all the food you eat! JUST 3! unless you live next to your own farm which they are being sued by the big 3 i am sure.

MK

They should just put up some big billboards at all border crossings exclaiming that if you are wanting to cross illegally in order to take our jobs you're coming to the wrong place. You'll have better luck finding our jobs in places like China and India.

Or "Don't come to the U.S. for jobs, our jobs will come to you."

Huck

They're breaking mah heart! They got to the border on their own, so they get back home on their own too!

since9

Campaign Veteran
If they are going to be here, they need to come here legally. They also need to be on the books. Using our Retirement fund to pay for welfare and then paying them to work under the table so they can send their money home, doesnt help us who want to see our Social Security.

A related issue is that if they're working while displaying those of us who could, then those of us who could work aren't earning points towards Social Security while collecting welfare instead, so that winds us costing us double.

They need to find another way to punish them...[/FONT]

Absolutely. Make 'em dig ditches for nothing. For about 10 years. Then send them back and see if they're still willing to risk returning.

Maybe Tattoo Illegal US Reject on their forehead...

I think solid photo ID (facial recognition quality), including any tatoos they might have, and fingerprinting would work. That way if they do return, and say, walk across the street in anytown USA...