• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non resident OC

bed92186

Traveling to western part of Virginia this coming spring for vacation. I have a SC CWP which has reciprocity with your state. I understand that Va is open carry friendly, however I also read that west Virginia is too provided you are a resident. NON RESIDENT=NO OC. Is virginia the same? W. Virginia seem strict on vehicle carry as well with no license.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
As long as you are of age (18 or over) and have a legal right to own a firearm, you may open carry in Virginia. And since there is reciprocity between our two states, you are good to go both ways. As for carrying in the car, you can carry open or concealed (again, you have a permit), or you can carry your sidearm in a console or glove box, loaded... much like in South Carolina.

Please enjoy your stay in our state.. I visit yours twice a year.