Thread: My thoughts on 'permitting' system...with a twist.

My thoughts on 'permitting' system...with a twist.

Some people are totally set on a 'permitting' system here in WI...I was thinking last night, what if a permitting system were in place..only for those using a gun to commit a crime? i.e. A criminal uses a gun to commit a crime, its then found out that he didnt 'preregister' himself OR obtain a 'permit' to commit said crime. He would then be fined a substantial amount for that. Because, really, NO CRIMINAL is ever going to obtain said permit, yet HE will be the one committing the crime.(this is similar to how the feds placed 'taxes' on certain illegal activity, thus making that activity a fed tax crime) Ya'll following me on this one???

I understand what you are getting at and it sounds reasonable in theory. But on the other hand do we really need or want yet another "law" that the DA will just use to plea bargain? I realize this idea is just in jest but the idea of more laws makes me cringe!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

McX
    works for me, no permit no crime! ofcourse the scum would just get the money for the permit by robbing someone, so they would be in violation from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Some people are totally set on a 'permitting' system here in WI...I was thinking last night, what if a permitting system were in place..only for those using a gun to commit a crime? i.e. A criminal uses a gun to commit a crime, its then found out that he didnt 'preregister' himself OR obtain a 'permit' to commit said crime. He would then be fined a substantial amount for that. Because, really, NO CRIMINAL is ever going to obtain said permit, yet HE will be the one committing the crime.(this is similar to how the feds placed 'taxes' on certain illegal activity, thus making that activity a fed tax crime) Ya'll following me on this one???
    Yes sounds like the Marijuana Tax Stamp. A dumb idea by equally dump legislators.

Wait.
    I'm all for a Pot tax Stamp.

Only question is are they hard to keep lit?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

it comes back to...If you commit a crime with out a 'permit' and 'proper training' the burden then falls TOTALLY on the criminal, and NOT on the rest of is...obviously no criminal is going to obtain the necessary permit, thats a moot point. It would just put that person in more legal trouble for using a gun in a crime.

An argument that I would make for a permit is that it would require the holder to "buy in," thus creating a group has an ownership interest and would not be as likely to take the right for granted.

If I was planning long term strategy for the Joyce Foundation I may keep my powder dry and tell WAVE not to vigorously oppose Constitutional Carry this time around given the overwhelming majority the Republicans have.

Instead, wait for the time when Democrats get control of state government, and lethargic firearm owners take the right for granted, then push with everything to get regulations and requirements in place.

Once those regulations and requirements are place, the chance of them being repealed would be virually nil and would be a great win for Joyce - a repudiation of Constitutional Carry by a state that had it in place.

Let the pounding commence
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.