Thread: Constitutional Carry Rally, Lansing

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Constitutional Carry Rally, Lansing

CLSD is currently in the process of organizing a Constitutional Carry Rally in Lansing for 2012.

You can visit http://www.citizensleaguesd.com/p/co...rry-rally.html for now to learn more.

As of right now we are looking at mid May. Although this may seem like a long way off, I assure you it will be here before we know it and there is much work to be done. We hope to see our Constitutional rights restored in Michigan and I believe that day will come. As more details come out we will post more.

We will be looking to add guest speakers and offer other organizations, who support Constitutional Carry, the chance to set up a table and provide information on their group at the rally, similar to the 2A March last year.

Sounds like a great idea! Keep us posted.

I will be a sure show. Please keep me posted.

* Well, not a sure show. If I'm still breathing and in MI, I'll be there.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    That's a great idea.

[QUOTE=Generaldet;1451889]CLSD is currently in the process of organizing a Constitutional Carry Rally in Lansing for 2012.

I think you mean 2011. Although 2012 will be here before we know it too.
    "Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured...
    but no one must prove they are a citizen!” Ben Stein

[QUOTE=Bearhawk;1452225]
    Quote Originally Posted by Generaldet View Post
    CLSD is currently in the process of organizing a Constitutional Carry Rally in Lansing for 2012.

I think you mean 2011. Although 2012 will be here before we know it too.
    No, he means 2012.
    Someone who can't be trusted to walk free in public with a firearm shouldn't be walking around free.

I plan to go.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

one of my concerns with constitutional carry, is that we would not have a CPL to use reciprocally in other states.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post
    one of my concerns with constitutional carry, is that we would not have a CPL to use reciprocally in other states.
    Problem solved. Have both. Arizona and Alaska do.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Both would work for me !
    I am all for it >>>

Live Free or Die !

A long lead time is important for an issue this big. We can't have 35 people show up on the Capital lawn hoping to influence lawmakers.

Things were learned by doing the last one, so the hope is a large crowd can be assembled. But it does come down to the motivation of gun owners and like all things most gets done by a few.

I think John wants to have several gun orgs involved, with vendors, etc. Good speakers and entertainment is a must. Also I think he wants it on a Saturday so more people can show up, with less traffic than on a weekday.

I'm looking forward to attending.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Things were learned by doing the last one, so the hope is a large crowd can be assembled. But it does come down to the motivation of gun owners and like all things most gets done by a few.

I think John wants to have several gun orgs involved, with vendors, etc. Good speakers and entertainment is a must. Also I think he wants it on a Saturday so more people can show up, with less traffic than on a weekday.

I'm looking forward to attending.

Exactly. We are looking at Mid May, 2012. This gives us enough time accomplish what we need to and we have already begun work. I look forward to seeing everyone there, it will be here before you know it.

We will be contacting some potential speakers in the near future and will post any updates. As Brian said we are looking for other orgs that support Constitutional Carry and who would be interested in setting up a table to represent their org at the rally. We hope to have a real show of strength and solidarity in the 2A community.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricianLU58 View Post

I can understand and appreciate your concern. We support having an option to obtain a cpl for reciprocity (Until the country has Constitutional Carry) and I think we would all like to see the fee lowered, substantially.

Are we hoping that we will have enough votes to overturn a veto, because I don't see snyder signing a constitutional carry bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Generaldet View Post
    We are looking at Mid May, 2012.
    In 2012, The weekend of May 12-13 has Mothers Day. The weekend of 26-28 is Memorial Day weekend. Judging by past experience, those weekends are bad for attendance. Folks are busy with family. The weekend between them may be "down time" with some people just wanting to relax and save money by not traveling anywhere and staying home.

Perhaps a more "dead" or less busy month? April 2012 only has Easter in its first weekend. But that could still be a cold month. June 2012 has Fathers Day in the mid-month (Sunday, the 17th) which can be busy for many, but doesn't seem to pre-occupy people as much as Mothers Day. Therefore, the other weekends in June are less likely to be needed for "down time".

Just thoughts for consideration. No matter what is settled as far as a date for this, I plan on being in!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    In 2012, The weekend of May 12-13 has Mothers Day. The weekend of 26-28 is Memorial Day weekend. Judging by past experience, those weekends are bad for attendance. Folks are busy with family. The weekend between them may be "down time" with some people just wanting to relax and save money by not traveling anywhere and staying home.

Perhaps a more "dead" or less busy month? April 2012 only has Easter in its first weekend. But that could still be a cold month. June 2012 has Fathers Day in the mid-month (Sunday, the 17th) which can be busy for many, but doesn't seem to pre-occupy people as much as Mothers Day. Therefore, the other weekends in June are less likely to be needed for "down time".

Just thoughts for consideration. No matter what is settled as far as a date for this, I plan on being in!
    Late May and Early June are bad since many kids are graduating High School and parents are busy (my last one is a Senior this year). My vote is for the last weekend in April or first weekend in May.

BTW - December 15th, 2011 will be the Second Amendment's 220th "Birthday". Too bad it is probably too soon and TOO COLD for a Rally then.

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    My vote is for the last weekend in April
    I'm inclined to agree about the last or second-to-last weekend in April 2012. In addition to what you mention, there will be an intervening week or two after Easter, and an intervening week or two before Mothers Day, and not a hell of a lot traditionally going on in that time window between Easter and Mom's Day.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Ahh just a few of the road blocks on organizing a rally. Also remember what happened in history on the day we choose. When SAM did the D.C. Rally the press claimed we picked April 19th because of the Oklahoma bombing anniversary, when we picked it because it was the anniversary of Lexington Concord Battle.

Many people are away on vacations in June, July and August. It's hot as well. April is cold and rainy/snowy. May is the month that people are beginning to wake up from the doldrums of a wet spring. The weather is generally good and it's not too hot. Personally Mothers day is a Sunday and if the event is Saturday, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Besides bring the mom to Lansing for the weekend and enjoy the Historical Museum and other Lansing attractions. I suggest the weekend between Moms day and Memorial day.

And no matter what day is picked it's not going to please everyone.

Also remember what happened in history on the day we choose. When SAM did the D.C. Rally the press claimed we picked April 19th because of the Oklahoma bombing anniversary, when we picked it because it was the anniversary of Lexington Concord Battle.

. . . I suggest the weekend between Moms day and Memorial day.
    What??? April 19th or the 20th?

April 19th is the anniversary of the barge containing munitions destined for Pakistan that exploded in the harbor at South Amboy, New Jersey, devastating the city in 1950.

April 20th is the anniversary of the Chinese authorities declaring martial law, which led to the Tiananmen Square massacre of 1989.

Wikipedia is great for creative reporters seeking to spin ANY chosen date of an upcoming event.

What??? April 19th or the 20th?

April 19th is the anniversary of the barge containing munitions destined for Pakistan that exploded in the harbor at South Amboy, New Jersey, devastating the city in 1950.

April 20th is the anniversary of the Chinese authorities declaring martial law, which led to the Tiananmen Square massacre of 1989.

Wikipedia is great for creative reporters seeking to spin ANY chosen date of an upcoming event.
    Exactly. April 20th is Hitler's birthday if I recall correctly. If you try you can find something bad happened on every day of the year at some time.

Exactly. April 20th is Hitler's birthday if I recall correctly.
    It is. I remember it because as a young man I learned he and my mother shared a birthday....for some reason it stuck in my head

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Ahh just a few of the road blocks on organizing a rally. Also remember what happened in history on the day we choose. When SAM did the D.C. Rally the press claimed we picked April 19th because of the Oklahoma bombing anniversary, when we picked it because it was the anniversary of Lexington Concord Battle.

Many people are away on vacations in June, July and August. It's hot as well. April is cold and rainy/snowy. May is the month that people are beginning to wake up from the doldrums of a wet spring. The weather is generally good and it's not too hot. Personally Mothers day is a Sunday and if the event is Saturday, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Besides bring the mom to Lansing for the weekend and enjoy the Historical Museum and other Lansing attractions. I suggest the weekend between Moms day and Memorial day.

And no matter what day is picked it's not going to please everyone.
    +1. You can't please everyone and there will always be an historical event, good or bad, that is linked to whichever day you choose.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    +1. You can't please everyone and there will always be an historical event, good or bad, that is linked to whichever day you choose.

+2 April is risky with the weather, which as much as I hate to say it, does affect attendance. As soon as the date is confirmed I will update the post. Either way there will be PLENTY of advance notice to make other plans.
    Last edited by Generaldet; 01-25-2011 at 03:05 PM.