Thread: "high-cap" sales armored car

"high-cap" sales armored car

"Armored Car Services can import, buy, or sell large-capacity magazines to or from anyone eligible to possess firearms. "

So if you owned Armored Car Service you could in theory then give to a civilian?

Quote Originally Posted by Pace View Post
    "Armored Car Services can import, buy, or sell large-capacity magazines to or from anyone eligible to possess firearms. "

So if you owned Armored Car Service you could in theory then give to a civilian?
    This is a legal loophole that has been known for quite some time. Unfortunately though, no company has ever stepped up to fill the hole yet.

Every once in awhile there is some talk on CalGuns.net about people forming a co-op to deal in 'large-caps' but its never materialized. I suspect the costs associated with licensing, etc are prohibitive unless the 'business' is already in the process of being an armored car service.

Its also my understanding that there is another legal avenue available, but those 'in the know' are keeping it tight to their chests at the moment. A few months ago they were going to release the info 'soon' - but nothing so far.

The legal loophole doesn't address the buying/acquiring on the one side that is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    This is a legal loophole that has been known for quite some time. Unfortunately though, no company has ever stepped up to fill the hole yet.

Every once in awhile there is some talk on CalGuns.net about people forming a co-op to deal in 'large-caps' but its never materialized. I suspect the costs associated with licensing, etc are prohibitive unless the 'business' is already in the process of being an armored car service.

Its also my understanding that there is another legal avenue available, but those 'in the know' are keeping it tight to their chests at the moment. A few months ago they were going to release the info 'soon' - but nothing so far.

The legal loophole doesn't address the buying/acquiring on the one side that is illegal.
    Sure it does.

Armored Car Company (ACC) purchases and/or imports a large cap mag. <-- legal exemption from PC 12020

ACC offers for sale a large cap mag <-- legal exemption under PC 12020

Joe the Plumber takes the ACC up on its offer to sell - aka offers to buy the mag. Legal, there is no prohibition on Joe for purchasing mags.

Correspondingly ACC sells to Joe <-- legal exemption under PC 12020

Joe now posesses a newly purchased mag. Legal, there is no prohibition for posession of the mag.

Oh duh! Right, there is nothing illegal to buy.

"manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine."

On another note, so if someone (maybe an armored car owner) says that he'll have 200 high cap magazines sitting around a place, people can go pick them up?

Sure it does.

Armored Car Company (ACC) purchases and/or imports a large cap mag. <-- legal exemption from PC 12020

ACC offers for sale a large cap mag <-- legal exemption under PC 12020

Joe the Plumber takes the ACC up on its offer to sell - aka offers to buy the mag. Legal, there is no prohibition on Joe for purchasing mags.

Correspondingly ACC sells to Joe <-- legal exemption under PC 12020

Joe now posesses a newly purchased mag. Legal, there is no prohibition for posession of the mag.

On another note, so if someone (maybe an armored car owner) says that he'll have 200 high cap magazines sitting around a place, people can go pick them up?
    Yup

They could even legally sell them to you

Now find an ACC willing to do it and I'll buy some standard cap XDm mags

Yup

They could even legally sell them to you

Now find an ACC willing to do it and I'll buy some standard cap XDm mags
    You find the ACC and i'll buy some standard cap XDsc mags!!
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

I have a distinct feeling that if a ACC started doing this, they'd lose their license. Remember this is a state that routinely cancels people CCWs for protesting, for OC, for other things... ACC have to have security guard licenses which are regulated by CA Justice, they can cancel those licenses for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Lose View Post
    You find the ACC and i'll buy some standard cap XDsc mags!!