Thread: Michigan residents to action!

Lightbulb Michigan residents to action!

At present we have two bills pending action that I feel are significant.

HB 4009 http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(pe1...e=2011-HB-4009

and HB 4010 http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(bem...e=2011-HB-4010

Both bills deal with removal of what is oft referred to CEZ or Criminal Empowerment Zones. Please call your Representative and sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?MIHB4009

Yes I know INTERNET petitions are like spitting in the wind but at least give it a try..

You're about a week late. We already had an online petition drive and flooded the House Judiciary with phone calls and emails...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Why not round 2? Some of them clearly did not get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Why not round 2? Some of them clearly did not get the point.
    Walsh needs to bring it up first. The MOC leadership is in direct talks with his office to make sure this happens.

Don't look for anything to happen for at least 3 more weeks. They are doing committee orientation for a few weeks.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Why leave it up to them?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Why leave it up to them?
    Fine. Call Walsh's office if you want. Ask for his Judiciary Aide.

I made sure to email Randy Richardville, my state senator and senate majority leader. Would love to see these pass.

Dear Mr. Sprinklerguy28,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regard to your support of House Bill 4009. I will be sure to note your support of this legislation. I would also encourage you to contact your state representative to indicate your support.

As you know, House Bill 4009 seeks to eliminate the premises on which a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon currently cannot carry. As a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights I am mindful of all legislation that comes before the Michigan House of Representatives which could affect these rights.

I will carefully review this legislation, and consider bringing it before the House Judiciary Committee for debate. Please note that the House Judiciary Committee was just empaneled and recently began orientation. The committee will be holding informational meetings over the course of the next few weeks and begin considering legislation in the near future. I would encourage you go to www.legislature.mi.gov to see when committee hearings are scheduled. Meeting agendas are also available on the website. The Judiciary Committee meets on Thursdays, at 10:30 a.m.

Sincerely,

John J. Walsh
    Speaker Pro Tempore
    19th District

Quote Originally Posted by sprinklerguy28 View Post
    Dear Mr. Sprinklerguy28,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regard to your support of House Bill 4009. I will be sure to note your support of this legislation. I would also encourage you to contact your state representative to indicate your support.

As you know, House Bill 4009 seeks to eliminate the premises on which a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon currently cannot carry. As a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights I am mindful of all legislation that comes before the Michigan House of Representatives which could affect these rights.

I will carefully review this legislation, and consider bringing it before the House Judiciary Committee for debate. Please note that the House Judiciary Committee was just empaneled and recently began orientation. The committee will be holding informational meetings over the course of the next few weeks and begin considering legislation in the near future. I would encourage you go to www.legislature.mi.gov to see when committee hearings are scheduled. Meeting agendas are also available on the website. The Judiciary Committee meets on Thursdays, at 10:30 a.m.

Sincerely,

John J. Walsh
    Speaker Pro Tempore
    19th District

Thanks for the update, Mr. Sprinklerguy28
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I received a similar response from Walsh.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    Well, could we see it please?

As requested

Dear Mr. Autosurgeon,

Sincerely,

John J. Walsh
    Speaker Pro Tempore
    19th District
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Banned
    Thanks. Just trying to get a feel for this guy.