• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan residents to action!

Sheldon

At present we have two bills pending action that I feel are significant.

HB 4009 http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(pe...g.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4009

and HB 4010 http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(be...g.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2011-HB-4010

Both bills deal with removal of what is oft referred to CEZ or Criminal Empowerment Zones. Please call your Representative and sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?MIHB4009

Yes I know INTERNET petitions are like spitting in the wind but at least give it a try..

TheQ

You're about a week late. We already had an online petition drive and flooded the House Judiciary with phone calls and emails...

TheQ

Why not round 2? Some of them clearly did not get the point.

Walsh needs to bring it up first. The MOC leadership is in direct talks with his office to make sure this happens.

Don't look for anything to happen for at least 3 more weeks. They are doing committee orientation for a few weeks.

sprinklerguy28

Dear Mr. Sprinklerguy28,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regard to your support of House Bill 4009. I will be sure to note your support of this legislation. I would also encourage you to contact your state representative to indicate your support.

As you know, House Bill 4009 seeks to eliminate the premises on which a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon currently cannot carry. As a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights I am mindful of all legislation that comes before the Michigan House of Representatives which could affect these rights.

I will carefully review this legislation, and consider bringing it before the House Judiciary Committee for debate. Please note that the House Judiciary Committee was just empaneled and recently began orientation. The committee will be holding informational meetings over the course of the next few weeks and begin considering legislation in the near future. I would encourage you go to www.legislature.mi.gov to see when committee hearings are scheduled. Meeting agendas are also available on the website. The Judiciary Committee meets on Thursdays, at 10:30 a.m.

Sincerely,

John J. Walsh
Speaker Pro Tempore
19th District

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Dear Mr. Sprinklerguy28,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regard to your support of House Bill 4009. I will be sure to note your support of this legislation. I would also encourage you to contact your state representative to indicate your support.

As you know, House Bill 4009 seeks to eliminate the premises on which a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon currently cannot carry. As a supporter of our 2nd amendment rights I am mindful of all legislation that comes before the Michigan House of Representatives which could affect these rights.

I will carefully review this legislation, and consider bringing it before the House Judiciary Committee for debate. Please note that the House Judiciary Committee was just empaneled and recently began orientation. The committee will be holding informational meetings over the course of the next few weeks and begin considering legislation in the near future. I would encourage you go to www.legislature.mi.gov to see when committee hearings are scheduled. Meeting agendas are also available on the website. The Judiciary Committee meets on Thursdays, at 10:30 a.m.

Sincerely,

John J. Walsh
Speaker Pro Tempore
19th District

Thanks for the update, Mr. Sprinklerguy28 :)

autosurgeon

As requested

Dear Mr. Autosurgeon,

Sincerely,

John J. Walsh
Speaker Pro Tempore
19th District