Thread: Looks like Wisconsin is going to be last to submit bills...

Looks like Wisconsin is going to be last to submit bills...

Even Illionois submitted a personal protection act (not what we want here, but more than they have)

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-a...ba6e84ebf.html

McX
    and here we sit singing; camp town races sing this song; doo-daa-doo-daa.

They said they are going to get the "important" stuff done first, ya know Jobs & the Economy, etc. and maybe if they have enough time towards the end of the session they might throw us a bone and introduce a bill. W all know that ones right to carry concealed for self defense or any other lawful purpose is not too important.

if something CC has not been introduced by the end of February i will start getting agitated.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-24-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX
    important stuff?! the lack of jobs is feeding the crime rate, until the jobs come the crime rate will continue to rise. with all those college educations, and college educated leaders you'd think they would see what a guy with a high school education sees. jeez.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    they can have there shall issue system we want constitutional carry
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    they can have there shall issue system we want constitutional carry
    until something is on the table, we will have nothing more than we currently have. which as it stands now... isn't much

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    that my friend is wrong we have alot more than other states have there are a few states that dont have open carry at all and we do but if you go back and fully read what i said which is they can have there shall issue system we WANT constitutional carry
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Lightbulb To our lawmakers: Come on out and stand on the lawn...

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    ....with all those college educations, and college educated leaders you'd think they would see what a guy with a high school education sees. jeez.
    The only way to tell if the grass needs cutting is to stand on the lawn. In other words, most of our lawmakers are too insulated from unemployment and crime to see the connections.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclotheshoff View Post
    that my friend is wrong we have alot more than other states have there are a few states that dont have open carry at all and we do but if you go back and fully read what i said which is they can have there shall issue system we WANT constitutional carry
    true, i meant "isn't much" in the way of progress for OUR state. We have some representatives, senators, and a governor saying they support it. But we all know how far a politicians promise will get us.

and unfortunately, wanting stuff doesn't write laws.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    They said they are going to get the "important" stuff done first, ya know Jobs & the Economy, etc. and maybe if they have enough time towards the end of the session they might throw us a bone and introduce a bill. W all know that ones right to carry concealed for self defense or any other lawful purpose is not too important.

if something CC has not been introduced by the end of February i will start getting agitated.
    You are better off kicking back and relaxing for a bit. No reason to get excited so soon. There is no realistic way that we will see a bill for a couple of months. Those in Madison right now want to keep their jobs more than a single term. Their job is to look out for the best interests of the whole State, not just our issues. It makes sense for them to go after the larger economic issues first.
    We need for all in Madison to see us as a reasonable group. If we can't see the big picture and be a little patient while they get on with their job, how would we expect them to listen to our concerns?
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 01-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    You are better off kicking back and relaxing for a bit. No reason to get excited so soon. There is no realistic way that we will see a bill for a couple of months. Those in Madison right now want to keep their jobs more than a single term. Their job is to look out for the best interests of the whole State, not just our issues. It makes sense for them to go after the larger economic issues first.
    We need for all in Madison to see us as a reasonable group. If we can't see the big picture and be a little patient while they get on with their job, how would we expect them to listen to our concerns?
    Valid point, but in retrospect, if they were not so concerned with revising over and over and over, it is a simple issue and can be passed in a matter of days. They are all just concerned about making sure they get their piece of the action. It is a lot simpler than they are trying to make it. A simple vote to repeal the laws banning concealed carry would put this all in motion in a very short period of time. What does that really take, enough time to read the law, count the votes, and then have some secretary write it up and send it to Walker. That is not even a matter of an hour, not including having the secretary write and send it. Not all of Wisconsin's issues can be dealt with in such a swift manner.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Valid point, but in retrospect, if they were not so concerned with revising over and over and over, it is a simple issue and can be passed in a matter of days. They are all just concerned about making sure they get their piece of the action. It is a lot simpler than they are trying to make it. A simple vote to repeal the laws banning concealed carry would put this all in motion in a very short period of time. What does that really take, enough time to read the law, count the votes, and then have some secretary write it up and send it to Walker. That is not even a matter of an hour, not including having the secretary write and send it. Not all of Wisconsin's issues can be dealt with in such a swift manner.
    If this is what you sincerely believe then you do not understand the totality of what we are facing and the issues we must overcome. As just a single example, if WI were to simply eliminate our Statutes regarding Concealed Carry, Gun Free School Zones and Safe Transportation, we would still be subject to the Federal GFSZ Law. Eliminating just our Concealed Carry Statute leaves you subject to the WI GFSZ Statute.. We could go on and on.. Nothing is truly as simple as you are suggesting.
    The Republicans MUST work with the Dems in Madison on other issues in order to run our State otherwise every WI citizen will loose. There are financial issues at stake which directly effects everyone's pockets
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 01-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.

I fully understand what is currently taking place in Madison & I also know what economic issues this state faces currently, I also understand what you are saying. I said I would get agitated by the end of Feb, not crazy mad But if Nothing had been introduced by the end of March then I will be getting angry. I am remaining relaxed & fully chilled for now, I know it will be a few months. CC will take just a matter of a week or two to push through both houses since the Dems are not an issue, I sure hope they don't decide to push cc down the road & then take up CC after the beginning of the next session in the fall.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-24-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I fully understand what is currently taking place in Madison & I also know what economic issues this state faces currently, I also understand what you are saying. I said I would get agitated by the end of Feb, not crazy mad But if Nothing had been introduced by the end of March then I will be getting angry. I am remaining relaxed & fully chilled for now, I know it will be a few months. CC will take just a matter of a week or two to push through both houses since the Dems are not an issue, I sure hope they don't decide to push cc down the road & then take up CC after the beginning of the next session in the fall.
    There is plenty of work to be done before a final vote takes place. Look at bills of interest in past sessions and how long they took to go through the process. Whatever bill is proposed, do not expect Republicans or Democrats to just accept it and run it up for a vote. Revisions may still take place.

Sit back and relax for a bit??? Pardon me but that is the last thing we need to do. Make noise and keep making noise until they get it. Let 'em know they're being watched. Let 'em know they have a tenuous hold on their servant position in government. I will not sit for this BS. If it isn't Constitutional Carry, I will work my fingers off to see them booted from office. This is enough people. If we do not speak up and often, we will be fighting this crap for years.

There is plenty of work to be done before a final vote takes place. Look at bills of interest in past sessions and how long they took to go through the process. Whatever bill is proposed, do not expect Republicans or Democrats to just accept it and run it up for a vote. Revisions may still take place.
    I was trained in Wash DC by a Professional Paid lobby person who was employed by the American Motorcycle Association. I do know the steps that are involved to pass a bill From it's inception, to being drafted, to co-sponsorship, to going to committee, getting a floor vote, etc, etc, etc, etc all the way to being signed into law.

I guess I disagree with you on this, the Republicans already know what the Dems think about CCW or CC. Once this is introduced, it should be a fairly quick process a month - 45 days from start to finish. I listened to the entire process live on the Wisconsin legislative website last time around. It was not a draw out process , although back then the Dems had a lot more influence, today they have very little to none. The bantering back n fourth that happen back then will not take place this time, that arguments against it will not take place this time, the dems have no influence, no power, no Majority in either the Senate or the Assembly, not much of a say, since their votes are not needed to pass a new CCW legislation. As far as the Republican conservatives are concerned they will bend to the pressure of the pro gun people who got them elected because they know they will not have a job next time around. No one wants to be a one term official. Revisions always happen it's the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    important stuff?! the lack of jobs is feeding the crime rate, until the jobs come the crime rate will continue to rise. with all those college educations, and college educated leaders you'd think they would see what a guy with a high school education sees. jeez.
    you know what they say. "you cant fix stupid"

As far as the Republican conservatives are concerned they will bend to the pressure of the pro gun people who got them elected because they know they will not have a job next time around. No one wants to be a one term official. Revisions always happen it's the nature of the beast.
    The "pro-gun" people merely helped to get them elected. There were many votes against Doyle instead of purely being for Walker and the same goes for the other Dems voted out of office. Do not make the mistake in believing that we hold all of the cards.

The "pro-gun" people merely helped to get them elected. There were many votes against Doyle instead of purely being for Walker and the same goes for the other Dems voted out of office. Do not make the mistake in believing that we hold all of the cards.
    We'll see what happens if they shaft us and we sit out the next election. If they think they can do without us, I'll take them up on that. Make my day.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    We'll see what happens if they shaft us and we sit out the next election. If they think they can do without us, I'll take them up on that. Make my day.
    No , We won't sit out any election , We will vote third party or write in .

Vaus: I'll Remember In November

By Steve Vaus

Remember me? You're takin all my money
    Remember me? You gave my job away
    Remember me? Or am I just a number
    Who's white and straight and doesn't qualify for foreign aid?
    Remember me? I helped you get elected
    But you haven't done one thing you said you'd do
    Well even though you'd rather not remember me
    I'll remember you
    I'll remember, in November, as I step into the little booth
    I'll remember in November, to vote, for anyone but you
    Remember me? I served my country proudly
    Remember me? I love the USA
    Remember me? Or am I just some bumpkin
    Who you didn't think would notice the bounced checks and midnight raise
    Remember me I wrote you all those letters
    Thinkin' that you cared what I thought too
    Well even though you often just forget to remember
    I'll remember you
    I'll remember, in November, as I step into the little booth
    I'll remember in November, to vote, for anyone but you

Copyright 2002 Steve Vaus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Cut off your nose to spite your face?

Cut off your nose to spite your face?
    It's not my face. Neither party has our best interests in mind. They go through the motions and mouth the appropriate phrases at opportune times. But they will sell their own mother for the right amount of campaign money.

We cannot hope to keep them honest and on task unless they are scared to death that we will vote their sorry butts out at the drop of the hat. If that means taking a small step back to show them who runs things, it's a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    No , We won't sit out any election , We will vote third party or write in .

Works for me.