• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Lynchburg Dinner, 8 Feb 2011, 6:30pm

nuc65

Activist Member
This Febuary's get together is planned for 6:30 pm at the Hibachi on Ward's Rd. Get together to discuss the state of the State, and other sundry issues. Family welcome and any others such as neighbors, family, and other guests.

I feel like I need to point out that carry is not required but a couple of us usually do.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I think I can support this meeting with the attendance of myself and the wifester. We'll both be carrying like the majority of those who attend, but as nuc indicates no-carry is acceptable too if that's what you might like.

frankd

Just saw on WSET how Lynchburg as 250 "documented" gang members (with the potential to have over 400 total) in Lynchburg and how we have 177 police officers.

Bloods, Crips, Gangster Disciples, MS-13, Latin Kings, and one other. Also went on about how the "Pagans" biker gang was seen on the last toy run. It was a relatively quick, but pretty informative piece.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It was nice to have dinner with y'all last night. My plans to go back to work after dinner were nixed after being there so long, but it was nice to relax!

nuc65

Activist Member
It was nice to have dinner with y'all last night. My plans to go back to work after dinner were nixed after being there so long, but it was nice to relax!

I enjoyed the dinner and all the folks. Still looking for a book and a pdf. I hear that someone ate so much sushi that they had trouble holding their bike up...

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I know the book I'm supposed to bring, but what .pdf are you talking about? Regarding the bike, it doesn't help that the parking lot of that goofy place has every parking spot at some complex slant. Forget uphill and downhill, they have to make every spot so that you have to worry about going down hill two ways. Sheesh.

BTW why aren't you at work? :p

nuc65

Activist Member
I know the book I'm supposed to bring, but what .pdf are you talking about? Regarding the bike, it doesn't help that the parking lot of that goofy place has every parking spot at some complex slant. Forget uphill and downhill, they have to make every spot so that you have to worry about going down hill two ways. Sheesh.

BTW why aren't you at work? :p

The parking lot does seem awkward. The pdf comment was directed to MrsJero's hubster.

I had the pleasure of working long hours during the 'christmas' holiday. How is the increased security?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Ah yes working during Christmas. I had that privilege a couple years in a row. Enhanced security, pfft. The beefed up security must now be wearing invisible suits, because I haven't even seen or heard a single one, when usually by now I've seen or heard two or three walk right by the office. Maybe some other place in the neighborhood has been robbed at gun point and security is doing its best to ensure we don't hear a word about it just like the past 3 or 4 incidents in the past 2 months or so.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
BTW for those that don't know in the area where I work there was a bank robbery within sight of my office at noon-ish yesterday, an armed home invasion a few blocks down again in the middle of the day, an armed robbery of a Papa John's in the early evening (7-ish I think) and another violent crime in the middle of the day all within the past couple months and we were not told the first thing about any of it except for word of mouth by employees who happened to see it on local news websites. This despite police not catching any of the criminals and having area wide manhunts for armed men on the prowl when my co-workers would've been likely to come and go from the building.

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
BTW for those that don't know in the area where I work there was a bank robbery within sight of my office at noon-ish yesterday, an armed home invasion a few blocks down again in the middle of the day, an armed robbery of a Papa John's in the early evening (7-ish I think) and another violent crime in the middle of the day all within the past couple months and we were not told the first thing about any of it except for word of mouth by employees who happened to see it on local news websites. This despite police not catching any of the criminals and having area wide manhunts for armed men on the prowl when my co-workers would've been likely to come and go from the building.

Forgot to add that our employer is so concerned about our safety that they have a rule that says no guns on the property, and no pocket knives more than 2 1/2 inches in length (safer because more restrictive than the 3")

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Now, now the rule doesn't say no knives more than whatever inches are prohibited (at this facility), it simply says that some less than a certain length are expressly allowed. I guess anything greater than that is subject to review, especially given that there are fully cast steel scissors still being distributed with pointy tips and a plunge depth of 6" or more. Besides if that rule were altogether prohibiting knives greater than a certain length how would the cafeteria ladies be able to adequately slice my breakfast burritos? :) They couldn't.