• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

http://www.wisconsin.gov/state/index.html

oldbanger

This is the worst state website I have ever seen, this is what a search for "firearms" brings up.

...Wisconsin law does not allow any person who is not a peace officer to carry a firearm....:confused:

4. CAN A LOADED FIREARM BE TRANSPORTED IN A VEHICLE?

In certain circumstances, a loaded firearm may be transported in a vehicle. The firearm must be in plain view. If it is a handgun, the firearm must be in a holster in plain view. If it is other than a handgun, the firearm must be in a device inside the vehicle which prevents an unauthorized person from removing the firearm from the locking device and which is in plain view. Please see RL 34.011.

http://drl.wi.gov/prof_practice_faq_all.asp?profid=93&locid=0

CalicoJack10

This is in reference to "Working" as a private security guard or private detective. It does not apply to that average citizen, even though it says that it does. This is the list of licensing requirements for being a P.I. or a Security guard. It is really stupidly written though, I do agree. But it does not apply to open carry for the average person.