Thread: Obama Announces Detaining Americans for Future Crimes that Have Not Been Committed

Obama Announces Detaining Americans for Future Crimes that Have Not Been Committed

Banned
    The first word that came to mind was, "Unbelievable" then "no, not really".

Since what Obama wants to do is currently illegal under our current legal system, he's going to set up his own "framework" to do this?!? Since when is he above the law?!? Why isn't Congress screaming to the rooftops about this? This means ANYONE could be accused of being a terrorist (read: gun owners) locked up and held indefinitely without being charged, without the right to counsel, without the right of a trial or appeal, etc. And our illustrious representatives (Congress) just sit there and let him do it. It's not only outside our own government and the Constitution, it's outside of the Geneva Convention. Apparently those things have no meaning or bearing for Obama. Someone ought to remind Obama that he doesn't have the power to do this.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I always liked the minority report. I'm big on horror movies...
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Even an Obama lover, Rachel Maddow thinks this idea is disgusting. That tells you all you need to know.
    Last edited by scot623; 01-24-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Since what Obama wants to do is currently illegal under our current legal system, he's going to set up his own "framework" to do this?!? Since when is he above the law?!? Why isn't Congress screaming to the rooftops about this? This means ANYONE could be accused of being a terrorist (read: gun owners) locked up and held indefinitely without being charged, without the right to counsel, without the right of a trial or appeal, etc. And our illustrious representatives (Congress) just sit there and let him do it. It's not only outside our own government and the Constitution, it's outside of the Geneva Convention. Apparently those things have no meaning or bearing for Obama. Someone ought to remind Obama that he doesn't have the power to do this.
    No, no no. It won't be illegal! (He will make whole news laws and then he will right all those new laws!) Everything in the brackets will allow him to write laws that will allow him to change any law he dosen't like, then re-write it! Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Even an Obama lover, Rachel Maddow thinks this idea is disgusting. That tells you all you need to know.
    Yup.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I actually have respect for the woman now.

Edit: BTW that video was from 2009.
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-25-2011 at 01:17 AM.

He should give it a good strong name like, the Super Patriotic Patriot Act of Patriotism. It will surely be accepted then.

Quote Originally Posted by MK View Post
    He should give it a good strong name like, the Super Patriotic Patriot Act of Patriotism. It will surely be accepted then.
    Or a trace buster buster buster?

(not sure if anyone got the reference)
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.