• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE'S New Anti Gun Video On You Tube

mark-in-texas

Do we also want to require a 'background check' on car sales?? We don't want someone with a history of DUIs or a suspended/revolked drivers license to buy a 2 ton killing machine with a high capacity gasoline feeding device....

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
WAVE followers and their leader are mentally incompetent!
They think that criminals will somehow abide by a new law when in fact they disregard laws all the time.
Lets look at straw purchases, they are illegal, but the criminals are able to pay someone to purchase a firearm for them.

hey WAVE people, there is a facebook page where you have been invited on a continual basis to come speak your mind, there will be no editing of any posts in any discussion. Why are you refusing to discuss your points if they are so important to you?

Here is the page link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Anti-Violence-Effort-LIES/171607756203919 you can post anywhere on the wall, or join in on the discussion page at any time.
Your leader Jeri has ignored numerous requests to civilly discuss ways to help us disarm the criminals without hindering the ability of a law abiding citizen to be able to defend themselves against these criminals.
We refuse to take the position of being a victim, why don't you join us and stop living in fear?

M

McX

i can clearly see why wayne couldnt pass the background check, he's a stick person!

protias

The other thing you can do is make a response to the video, so when people search for it, they can see a rebuttal. WAVE won't be able to sensor you that way.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
The only thing resembling a fact in this video is the statement: "Approximately 80% of criminals get their guns from sources that don't do background checks." So they're saying approximately 20% of criminals are purchasing their guns legally.

Wait a minute, it's illegal for any "criminal" to own a gun, how could 20% of them be purchasing them legally?

:banghead:

HandyHamlet

The only thing resembling a fact in this video is the statement: "Approximately 80% of criminals get their guns from sources that don't do background checks." So they're saying approximately 20% of criminals are purchasing their guns legally.

Wait a minute, it's illegal for any "criminal" to own a gun, how could 20% of them be purchasing them legally?

:banghead:

That means that most of us sell our firearms out of the trunks of our cars to just any criminal who happens along.

I find that most offensive.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
i can clearly see why wayne couldnt pass the background check, he's a stick person!

With no hands/fingers to fill out the paper work at a gun store, not saying he would not just buy a weapon from a private individual. In Wisconsin private gun sales are legal between private individuals. :)

CalicoJack10

WOW, I am not sure what that video was supposed to do, but after watching it, I have to wonder if that is how stoners feel when they Cheech Up. I actually feel stupider for having to sit through that. I guess I should just give up all of my guns, and stop teaching people to defend themselves. What have I been doing with my life. All my Military training is worthless, and I never should have fought for the freedom to own a gun in the first place.

Wait............

Reality just set back in. Sorry bout that. :shocker:

rcav8r

Oh wait, I can buy guns over the internet??? Like have them go through the mail to my house? Can I download them? Oh cool!! What? they have to be shipped to a dealer who conducts a background check? oh.

idiots. No wonder they disabled comments.

bluehighways

Nik Clark of Wisconsin Carry inc. would be a tremendously effective personality to have on a youtube video. He is articulate, intelligent and sensible.

HandyHamlet

Nik Clark of Wisconsin Carry inc. would be a tremendously effective personality to have on a youtube video. He is articulate, intelligent and sensible.

Or you can have me. Some say I look like Cannon.

:cool:

Attachments

• MV5BMTI4NzI2NDM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDIxNDI2._V1._SX450_SY306_.jpg
    MV5BMTI4NzI2NDM1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDIxNDI2._V1._SX450_SY306_.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 98

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I am game to help make a video, I can film and edit free of charge of course..

we should do a short movie ( public service announcement ) a girl walking to her car, in a dark mall parking lot, late at night. she knows she is being followed, starts walking faster to her car, it's not too far away, but the 3 thugs are gaining on her, she can hear their foot steps getting closer closer, now the car is only 25 feet away, almost there, she puts her hand in her purse as if she is getting her keys. then you hear...YO, BI_ _H, We gonna have a little fun with you tonight, the 3 men corner on all 3 sides her back is tight up next to her car, she is trapped , one of the thugs pulls a knife..says to her...Give us whats in your purse HO or we gonna cut you....she has not time to call 911 , does not dare scream for help..instead feeling as if her life is nearing an end...she decides to fight them & produces a pistol , aims it at the thug with the Knife..orders them to leave or she will shoot all of them..they put up their hands, drop the knife and back way slowly at first, then they run away. She then, sighs & says to her self, thank god I conceal carry, I could have been raped or worse dead.......END PSA

i VOLUNTEER TO PLAY ONE OF THE BAD GUYS.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

That is a good idea, but it is very similar to the Crimson Trace and Taurus Judge commercials, it has been kinda done to death. Just like the someone breaking into your house thing. I would think that if we were to do this we would have to find a public place and do a resturant, or a store front or something. As the big fear is nutcases doing things in public, I think it would bennefit us to do something like that in a "Public Place" and have someone do a mock news interview or something.

I mean the kind of things that grab peoples attention and wont let go. Just because there are a lot of commercials where people just talk. Kinda like they do in the gun free zone commercial, without the humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

I would probably be willing to play a bad guy too, since I look like a "Dirty Biker"

Then again, if we could do this with all voulenteers, I am betting that we could do a series of PSA's. I could even write the scripts, not that my grammer is all that great, but I am sure I could get someone to help with that part.

Last edited: