• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE'S New Anti Gun Video On You Tube

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
That is a good idea, but it is very similar to the Crimson Trace and Taurus Judge commercials, it has been kinda done to death. Just like the someone breaking into your house thing. I would think that if we were to do this we would have to find a public place and do a resturant, or a store front or something. As the big fear is nutcases doing things in public, I think it would bennefit us to do something like that in a "Public Place" and have someone do a mock news interview or something.

I mean the kind of things that grab peoples attention and wont let go. Just because there are a lot of commercials where people just talk. Kinda like they do in the gun free zone commercial, without the humor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

I would probably be willing to play a bad guy too, since I look like a "Dirty Biker"

Then again, if we could do this with all voulenteers, I am betting that we could do a series of PSA's. I could even write the scripts, not that my grammer is all that great, but I am sure I could get someone to help with that part.

WELL,Count me in if & when you need an actor. i am 6'6" 300 pounds, picture the terminator with a gut...that's me.lol

Last edited:

MK

we should do a short movie ( public service announcement ) a girl walking to her car, in a dark mall parking lot, late at night. she knows she is being followed, starts walking faster to her car, it's not too far away, but the 3 thugs are gaining on her, she can hear their foot steps getting closer closer, now the car is only 25 feet away, almost there, she puts her hand in her purse as if she is getting her keys. then you hear...YO, BI_ _H, We gonna have a little fun with you tonight, the 3 men corner on all 3 sides her back is tight up next to her car, she is trapped , one of the thugs pulls a knife..says to her...Give us whats in your purse HO or we gonna cut you....she has not time to call 911 , does not dare scream for help..instead feeling as if her life is nearing an end...she decides to fight them & produces a pistol , aims it at the thug with the Knife..orders them to leave or she will shoot all of them..they put up their hands, drop the knife and back way slowly at first, then they run away. She then, sighs & says to her self, thank god I conceal carry, I could have been raped or worse dead.......END PSA

i VOLUNTEER TO PLAY ONE OF THE BAD GUYS.

A couple other ideas for videos. One would be a woman protecting her child from a carjacker after she just secured the little one into the car.

Another could be a video showing an unarmed perp breaking into a home and confronting an unarmed female occupant who is caught alone. This could be followed up with the same setting but this time a perp armed with a handgun breaking in and meeting up with a female who is armed and ready with a firearm. The question here is that, would you rather your wife or daughter go fist vs fist against a strong young male assailant, or have your loved one go firearm vs firearm where the odds are much more equalized or even in her favor due to her knowing the intruder is breaking in and being set and ready for him? An elderly person or couple or an ill person could substitute just as well for the lone female in that scenario.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
A couple other ideas for videos. One would be a woman protecting her child from a carjacker after she just secured the little one into the car.

Another could be a video showing an unarmed perp breaking into a home and confronting an unarmed female occupant who is caught alone. This could be followed up with the same setting but this time a perp armed with a handgun breaking in and meeting up with a female who is armed and ready with a firearm. The question here is that, would you rather your wife or daughter go fist vs fist against a strong young male assailant, or have your loved one go firearm vs firearm where the odds are much more equalized or even in her favor due to her knowing the intruder is breaking in and being set and ready for him? An elderly person or couple or an ill person could substitute just as well for the lone female in that scenario.

How about a skinny nerdy guy walking to his car in the dark parking lot, with 3 FEMALE thugs stalking him. lol

CalicoJack10

How about a skinny nerdy guy walking to his car in the dark parking lot, with 3 FEMALE thugs stalking him. lol

I think this idea is the best one I have heard yet, but with such a short discription it starts like something that has noghtin to do with firearms at all.:monkey:banana:

Carcharodon

Do we also want to require a 'background check' on car sales?? We don't want someone with a history of DUIs or a suspended/revolked drivers license to buy a 2 ton killing machine with a high capacity gasoline feeding device....

+10^^

0:22 should say "Wayne is no longer able to legally protect himself or his family" One of my best friends is a felon because he got busted with 2 eighths of weed and a scale when he was 18. he's 33 now, has a steady job, a wife and 3 kids. If someone kicks his door in they can do as they want. I'm sure if he buys a gun from a private seller hes gonna go on a crime spree! **** wave.

rcav8r

I am so in for this, either as a actor, or with my simple digital video camera and sony vegas video editing software I would love to stretch my skills on.

CalicoJack10

We didnt forget that one. And we do agree with what it says, we were just brainstorming on ways to do more video's. Just a thought ya know.

rcav8r

That video doesn't really reflect the thread in this topic. We more need something that nullifies the WAVE video (among other things) of "how easy" it is to get a gun.
There are other videos we can make on different topics of gun ownership.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

That video doesn't really reflect the thread in this topic. We more need something that nullifies the WAVE video (among other things) of "how easy" it is to get a gun.
There are other videos we can make on different topics of gun ownership.

SAY WHAT?

I wrote this whole thing and you changed your post!

(fade in)

Two archers hunched quietly in a dark tree stand. Breath is visible. One archer is dosing off. They are startled by a noise very close by. Then another. They look at each other in fear. A violent bang on the tree stand door. Terrified one tries to dial 911 as he fumbles the phone with gloved hands. The other tries to fire off an arrow as three armed bucks dressed in cliche '80 gang garb crash through! He can't get the bow around in the tight quarters.

Fade into shot where the camera lens is on the ground half buried in snow. Flecks of snow on lens. An open, empty, blood speckled wallet drops into view as three shadowy figures fade into the trees in the background.

End scene.

Or the same concept but the two hunters are loading up their truck parked on a one lane road. They are laughing and joking despite being tired and grimy from a long day. Their bows are cased and have just been packed away.

A lowrider Chevy Impala creeps into the background of the shot. As it nears the hunters hear it , casually turn to check it out, then continue packing up gear. They pay no attention as the Impala comes closer. It stops. The Hunters now stop and turn, giving the car their full attention. Nothing for a second. Then the doors fly open in slow mo as bucks dressed as LA gang bangers exit with Mac 10s blazing. The hunters are cut down in a hail of slo mo as they try desperately to unpack/uncase their bows.

Cut to close-up of turkey crossing sign. Suddenly a bloodied arrow slams into the sign, quivering violently before it comes to rest. Pan out as Impala flies by at insane speed, bucks hanging out the windows wearing the hunter's caps, yelling and waving the hunter's bows around wildly.

Tag: Two families will be denied venison this season. CC. It's not just a good idea. It is a Right.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Here is what I was thinking.

Have a guy at a gun store being denied the ability to purchase a gun, and have him look all disappointed when he walks out.

Then show the same guy complaining about it to a friend. Then pan back and have him hand his friend some cash and his friend opens the trunk and gives him a gun.

Then show the guy who bought the gun walking into a restaurant, and robbing it with unarmed sheeple in it. He proceeds to shoot several people as the sound goes dead.

-Fade out. and on the black screen the word "OR" appears-

Have him walk in to the same restaurant, and when he pulls his gun, so do several of the patrons. Grandma, dad, mom, someone in there by them self. And the guy puts down his gun and is hauled off by the police.

-Fade out again and have the caption "What would you rather have happen?" or "Gun control laws don't stop criminals, they just make us all victims!"

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

I love the part about the Wave vid that just went and educated
every brain fried druggie criminal and wanna be banger of how and
where to get a gun.

If they were sooo against gun violence as they would like us to think
they wouldnt advertise the hows and wheres on media front thats based on
"Hold my beer and Watch while I do this.... " type idiocy.

LR Yote

rcav8r

Yeah, I did change my post. I thought I'd seen that video before without watching it, and thought it was a generic pro-gun video, then I posted. Then I watched it and realized I hadn't seen it, so changed it. It WAS a WI centric video, but I kinda thought this topic was addressing the wave video, and we were looking for a "in reply to" video to post on their video since they closed comments.

To be sure, there are a lot of other videos we could film and post. I think I'll pass on your scenerios though. :)

SAY WHAT?

I wrote this whole thing and you changed your post!

(fade in)

Two archers hunched quietly in a dark tree stand. Breath is visible. One archer is dosing off. They are startled by a noise very close by. Then another. They look at each other in fear. A violent bang on the tree stand door. Terrified one tries to dial 911 as he fumbles the phone with gloved hands. The other tries to fire off an arrow as three armed bucks dressed in cliche '80 gang garb crash through! He can't get the bow around in the tight quarters.

Fade into shot where the camera lens is on the ground half buried in snow. Flecks of snow on lens. An open, empty, blood speckled wallet drops into view as three shadowy figures fade into the trees in the background.

End scene.

Or the same concept but the two hunters are loading up their truck parked on a one lane road. They are laughing and joking despite being tired and grimy from a long day. Their bows are cased and have just been packed away.

A lowrider Chevy Impala creeps into the background of the shot. As it nears the hunters hear it , casually turn to check it out, then continue packing up gear. They pay no attention as the Impala comes closer. It stops. The Hunters now stop and turn, giving the car their full attention. Nothing for a second. Then the doors fly open in slow mo as bucks dressed as LA gang bangers exit with Mac 10s blazing. The hunters are cut down in a hail of slo mo as they try desperately to unpack/uncase their bows.

Cut to close-up of turkey crossing sign. Suddenly a bloodied arrow slams into the sign, quivering violently before it comes to rest. Pan out as Impala flies by at insane speed, bucks hanging out the windows wearing the hunter's caps, yelling and waving the hunter's bows around wildly.

Tag: Two families will be denied venison this season. CC. It's not just a good idea. It is a Right.