• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun report just a big misunderstanding-Yakima

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
YAKIMA, Wash.—About a dozen Yakima police officers responded this morning to a report of a man sitting in a truck with a gun on his lap at Social Security Administration.
Full Story

Our last Police Chief just left for retirement here in Yakima.
There was an incident a couple of year ago where I addressed the issue of Man with a gun call (MWAG) with him and these calls prompted responding officers to ask for more information when responding to these types of calls to determine their response.

Well today it seems that over reaction is alive and well here in Yakima with a MWAG call outside the Social Security Office while sitting in his car of all things. A person handing out fliers observed him having a gun and then calling police worried he may do something.

Police responded in full force (12 cars) and locked down the OIC building next door until such time they cuffed and placed him in the back of a patrol car just to find he has a current CPL and was, wait for it Doing Nothing Illegal and was released.

I will be contacting the current Acting Chief to see if he will talk with me on this very issue.

There was a video on tonight's news but has not yet been posted online, when it is I will post it here as well.

Bill Starks

State Researcher

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Good old Yakima........

Sending multiple police cars/officers/M16/AR15's to a lone guy sitting in his truck which could have been handled with a patrol car with two officers.

For all anyone knew who reported this, he was just a law abiding citizen putting his gun in the glovebox before locking his truck and going into a Federal Building.

However, it is instances like this that make me take a very good look around my car before transferring my gun to the glove box when I absolutely have to go into the school/federal buildings to make sure no one gets the chance to see me doing it and make a similar call.

The outgoing Police Chief was an OK guy. Too bad to see him leave.

FMCDH

O dear lord, a waistband warrior!? :banghead:

I was wondering how that magazine might have "popped" out....(sigh)

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
O dear lord, a waistband warrior!? :banghead:

I was wondering how that magazine might have "popped" out....(sigh)

Well hopefully that is not the case but I see how one could come to this conclusion as written.

YAKIMA, Wash. -- Wyatt McNulty was listening to country music and waiting for a friend in the parking lot of the Social Security Administration building Monday morning when the magazine popped out of the gun concealed in his waistband.

One of my holsters are IWB thus being concealed in my waistband.

cynicist

What i wanna know is how did he drop the magazine and why was he sitting there with it in his lap long enough to be seen? Yeah we can carry but be discreet with the loading it in the car... especially in Yakima.