• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USCCA sells it's members email addresses!

HeroHog

US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) sells it's members email addresses! :mad:
I got hit with 3 spams using an email address I used ONLY with them!

Pace

The "USCCA" is a for-profit marketing venture run by a marketing company Delta Media LLC. This company is owned by Tim Schmidt, who read how to market products online and created a very smart idea. There is no organization whatsoever behind USCCA, besides the publishing company which sells its goods. I have no problem whatsoever with what Tim does and believe he's created a great business, but don't be fooled that you are joining an actual organization with an agenda beyond making good money.

Source: Myself, I have met Tim several times and discussed his business plan and marketing needs.

US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) sells it's members email addresses! :mad:

paramedic70002

Gotta wonder if Tim is more gunnie or slick salesman. I have no doubt he is a gunnie, just not sure which weighs more in importance.

I do find it curious that the company is in a state that currently has no provision for the "CC" in USCCA.

VW_Factor

I signed up to get the free emails. For two months I got a slew of emails from "him" attempting to sell me ****, or to sign up for the member discounts. It's like. Ehhh, I don't need that right now..

After the months have passed, I don't get anything more from them, except sometimes a link to similar looking websites.. Which showed me. There isn't much value in whatever is being peddled.

I do/did enjoy his reviews of weapons on Youtube though.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Gotta wonder if Tim is more gunnie or slick salesman. I have no doubt he is a gunnie, just not sure which weighs more in importance.

I do find it curious that the company is in a state that currently has no provision for the "CC" in USCCA.

Tim was a speaker at the Rally in D.C. last April. He also donated a lot of money (I mean A lot of money) to the organizers of this rally (SAM) and spoke for free. He is a big supporter of the right to bear arms.

He is a business man and a supporter, many people are

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Appreciate the heads up Hero - I do not appreciate anyone selling or giving away my contact information without my specific permission. - consider it a violation of trust.

VW_Factor

Appreciate the heads up Hero - I do not appreciate anyone selling or giving away my contact information without my specific permission. - consider it a violation of trust.

Honestly, I think (given that all the websites look similar) that Tim probably owns and operates all these places on the web. I didn't looks that far into it though.

HeroHog

I just sent the following to: 'support@usconcealedcarry.com'

I am receiving SPAM from an email address that I have ONLY used with your organization: USCCA@<mydomain>.com and am wondering if you sell or otherwise give away emails used with your organization as this is the only way I can think of for spammers to get this address.

gravedigger

I paid for membership to this organization. They took the money from my credit card, and now, all I EVER get are emails urging me to JOIN! This organization is a total RIP OFF. They have ignored my repeated inquiries about why they do not recognize me as a member. They even ignore my request to be REMOVED from their email lists! Screw them!

zack991

I was a member and it was the worst decision I ever made, open carry is a dirty word on their forums for one. I got more spam from them than any other actual good material. I still get join emails and have asked several time to be removed from their mailing list. They charged my credit card several times for the same subscription and I am getting angry just thinking about. It was a hell of a lot of arguing with them to get my money refunded.

Last edited: