Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German public broadcaster's looking for open carrying women for a TV report

German public broadcaster's looking for open carrying women for a TV report

Dear members,

I'm working for the German Public Broadcaster ZDF. We want to produce a report on female members of the open carry movement. If you would be available for an interview or know someone who might be, please let me know.

You can contact me via mail (mu.washingtonprod1@zdf.de) or tel. (202-333-3909).

Thank you very much in advance!
    Kind regards
    Frederik

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Hello Fredrick!

Generally with both domestic and overseas journalists making these requests, the participants like to see some credentials and previous work before committing.

Would you be willing to provide these?

Thanks!

Founder's Club Member

Didn't a french TV crew just do this?
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    Yep!

Do you live in DC? I live 30miles from DC and occasionally opencarry when I am able to.
    "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
    ‘‘To disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Kowalski View Post
    If you know anything about Germany and Germans, you know they can't tolerate the French besting them at anything.

Willkommen, Frederik!

I would love to participate. I am an open carrying woman located in central va.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I would participate as well, but I expect Frederik to come back TO THE FORUM to see the results of his request ON A FORUM, and not just "call me".

Curmudgeon? Yes, and proud of it.

I'm sure Bridget would participate if/when this character provides his bonafides...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Founder's Club Member
    I guess the Germans will be outdone by the French again. What a shame, it's like he didn't really want to put any effort into it.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    He is talking about a Friday night dinner.. the spot is yet to be determined.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Sat. Feb 5th at 9:30 AM - River City Diner

We are set up with Frederik to interview ladies at the River City Diner on Parham Rd in Richmond. Approximately 45 min to an hour of interviews there - note we will have our own camera crew backing everything up.

Then as an option for the attendees (encouraged though), we will be going to the General Assembly Building and Capital in downtown Richmond. Frederik was astonished that such would be possible. Assured him that media cameras were OK.

River City Diner
    Parham Rd & I-95...................
    view map
    803 East Parham Rd

804-266-1500
    Richmond, VA 23227

Frederik:
    http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/9/0,1872,8073513,00.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

There is supposed to be an open carry dinner on Friday the 4th most likely at 7pm in northern VA and I'm getting Interviewed beforehand. I wonder if it would be easier to put all the interviews at once to save time. I don't mind traveling to Richmond on saturday if that would be a possibility.
    "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
    ‘‘To disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    We are set up with Frederik to interview ladies at the River City Diner on Parham Rd in Richmond. Approximately 45 min to an hour of interviews there - note we will have our own camera crew backing everything up.

Then as an option for the attendees (encouraged though), we will be going to the General Assembly Building and Capital in downtown Richmond. Frederik was astonished that such would be possible. Assured him that media cameras were OK.

River City Diner
    view map
    803 East Parham Rd

804-266-1500
    Richmond, VA 23227

Frederik:

Will be there with gun on!

Quote Originally Posted by karolynrgalarza View Post
    There is supposed to be an open carry dinner on Friday the 4th most likely at 7pm in northern VA and I'm getting Interviewed beforehand. I wonder if it would be easier to put all the interviews at once to save time. I don't mind traveling to Richmond on saturday if that would be a possibility.
    It is my understanding that they want to get women in different, everyday activities - a broad spectrum of their daily lives. That is why a breakfast, a dinner, the GA (interaction with LE and govt) was a bonus. Next door to the breakfast is a large strip mall that will provide more daylight photo-ops.

Many women in these European nations do not comprehend the mind set of you ladies. They have police stations in every town and hamlet. Shouldn't that be enough?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Interviews and filming has been cancealed

We will still be doing breakfast on Sat at RCD, but sans the German media team.

The applicable part of Frederik's email just received is:

I'm working for the Washington bureau of the German public TV ZDF. We as a foreign office though, are dependent on the decisions the programme executives in Germany are making - unfortunately I might add. As in this case it's obviously difficult to organize filming when I can't confirm a date because I have to wait for the decisions from Germany.
    They called today and cancelled plenty of reports for this week. Ours is among them. Egypt is messing up our programme schedule. So, I'm honestly sorry to cancel the planned shooting on the weekend.

That's too bad. Hopefully, the Middle East will calm down enough to let them do a report at a later date. If it's a weekend I can actually make it, I'd even be willing to make the Richmond trip.

River City Diner
    view map
    803 East Parham Rd

804-266-1500
    Richmond, VA 23227

Frederik:
    Why has he not returned to the site?

Quote Originally Posted by xdm guy View Post
    Why has he not returned to the site?
    For what purpose?

Setup and coordination is generally done by someone local - one of us. There is often a lot of behind the scenes conversation that is not really necessary to the thread.

I'm reasonably sure too that his primary job is not gun related, but rather reporting on events as his employer directs/approves.

Caitlin (my daughter) wrote to him and he never returned the message.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Quote Originally Posted by ODA 226 View Post
    Caitlin (my daughter) wrote to him and he never returned the message.
    Can't answer for that type of omission. It would not please me either.

Can't answer for that type of omission. It would not please me either.
    He never responded to me, either. While not really a forgivable thing, I somewhat understand, given the gravity of other events.

Hopefully, he'll use the additional time to respond to those who have e-mailed/called directly.
    Last edited by Riana; 02-01-2011 at 09:39 PM.

For what purpose?

Setup and coordination is generally done by someone local - one of us. There is often a lot of behind the scenes conversation that is not really necessary to the thread.

I'm reasonably sure too that his primary job is not gun related, but rather reporting on events as his employer directs/approves.
    To answer questions ask by members. There is always alot that goes on behind the scenes for everything. He should be willing to answer the questions that members have ask him when he is the one asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    He never responded to me, either. While not really a forgivable thing, I somewhat understand, given the gravity of other events.

Hopefully, he'll use the additional time to respond to those who have e-mailed/called directly.
    She wrote him 2 weeks ago...
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast