• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama's Gun Grab

M

McX

Today being discussed on talk radio: Obama's anticipated gun grab/ victim disarmament, supposed to be mentioned in his coming State of the Union address to be televised tonight. Citing the recent spate of shootings, and in opposition to the Supreme Court, to the point where 2 Justices will not attend the address. Time will tell.

protias

And the people, fearing its government, is buying arms to protect themselves from criminals.

XDFDE45

This should be a petty good clue as to where he is going to go. This guy is the intern who is credited with saving Rep. Gifford's life and was invited by the First Lady
icon_rolleyes.gif

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theti...ues-pay-tribute-to-the-injured-arizona-lawmak

Touchdown

... Citing the recent spate of shootings, and in opposition to the Supreme Court, to the point where 2 Justices will not attend the address. Time will tell.

Actually it's three Justices not attending. Three of the conservatives. Roberts is only attending because the of a tribute message given about the federal judge killed in Tucson.

M

McX

i guess he decided to pencil out any speech comments or ideas for going after the 2nd amendment rights, he's too buisy trying to sell his spending spree. probably figured he's made enough people mad, and against him and his ideas, he didnt need to add another segment of the population to those against him. yep, he's a lawyer, and it shows.

protias

i guess he decided to pencil out any speech comments or ideas for going after the 2nd amendment rights, he's too buisy trying to sell his spending spree. probably figured he's made enough people mad, and against him and his ideas, he didnt need to add another segment of the population to those against him. yep, he's a lawyer, and it shows.

He could also try to do it "more secretly." :uhoh:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
He told "Tingle" Matthews of MSNBC that he is planning a separate gun control speech. This will ensure continued high sales of firearms, accessories and ammunition. Maybe it is part of his economic stimulus plan. Maybe it's just an attempt to shut up NBC/MSNBC. It has become the firearm control advocacy network.

If Obama does make such a speech he will mobilize 2nd Admendment supporters like nothing has done before. This is not 1994. He will also ensure his defeat in 2012. No one gives a ratz azz anymore that Mrs. Brady and Mrs. McCarthy had a tragedy 30 years and nearly 20 years ago respectively. They both have profited from it. Hell, the guy that shot Brady is walking around the streets.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/ChrisMatthews-Obama-guncontrol/2011/01/26/id/383940

btw: guess as to the "speech" date: March 30, the 30th anniversary of the attempt on Reagan's life and the wounding of Brady. If the speech occurs on this date would Obama focus on the shooters like Hinckley being mentally unstable, or blame the firearm? I personally think it was Jodie Foster's fault. :D

Last edited:
M

McX

He told "Tingle" Matthews of MSNBC that he is planning a separate gun control speech. This will ensure continued high sales of firearms, accessories and ammunition. Maybe it is part of his economic stimulus plan. Maybe it's just an attempt to shut up NBC/MSNBC. It has become the firearm control advocacy network.

If Obama does make such a speech he will mobilize 2nd Admendment supporters like nothing has done before. This is not 1994. He will also ensure his defeat in 2012. No one gives a ratz azz anymore that Mrs. Brady and Mrs. McCarthy had a tragedy 30 years and nearly 20 years ago respectively. They both have profited from it. Hell, the guy that shot Brady is walking around the streets.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/ChrisMatthews-Obama-guncontrol/2011/01/26/id/383940

btw: guess as to the "speech" date: March 30, the 30th anniversary of the attempt on Reagan's life and the wounding of Brady. If the speech occurs on this date would Obama focus on the shooters like Hinckley being mentally unstable, or blame the firearm? I personally think it was Jodie Foster's fault. :D

it is amazing; he's the first President in history to seek equality, he wants everyone to hate him equally!

LR Yote 312

it is amazing; he's the first President in history to seek equality, he wants everyone to hate him equally!

All I know is I had a perfectly good job before that Clown took office.

It wasnt enough for him to take my job away from me and now
he wants my guns too ??

Well,..... He cant have'em !!!!

LR Yote

Last edited: