Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Strange Encounter at Lowe's

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251

    Strange Encounter at Lowe's

    I just had a peculiar encounter at the Lowe’s at Jones and Craig road. I had gone to the store for some Misc, hardware items, and spent a few extra minuets browsing the power tools etc.

    I was in the store for a total of 20-30 mins. And had gone over to the automatic cashier machine for an “automated checkout experience” when I was approached by a gentleman that appeared to be about retirement age, He walked with the assistance of a cane.

    He approached me as I was scanning my items and asked me if I had found everything ok. I smiled and said that I had, and thanked him, It was then that he appeared awkward and said that He would be following me out of the store today, as A couple of customers had reported being concerned about me carrying a gun. I told him that I hoped I had not appeared menacing, and he said no way you are normal. He then said well you know how it is these days and then a light bulb came on for him and he followed with apparently that’s why you carry a gun.

    I asked him if I was being asked to leave the store, and he said no. I will just follow you until you are done. I asked him if it was store policy or corporate policy? He shrugged and said "store" hesitantly. I got the I am a V.I.P. feeling thanked him for his backup, finished checking out and left them with the “the guy with the gun, sure was nice” look on their face….. I still don’t know what to make of that, but It was different.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sparks, NV, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    471
    That's an awesome reaction on your part to a somewhat odd reaction from a store... Glad you kept it positive!

  3. #3
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844
    I just talked to my insider that works at Lowes. And she said you where profiled and that diffidently is not store policy.

    I tried to get her to call that store but she doesn't know anyone that works there.

    She thought it was funny to have a guy that walks with a cane to follow you.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  4. #4
    McX
    Guest
    creepy dude, i would have had him carry some of my stuff to keep his hands buisy, as i would be watching him closely too.

  5. #5
    28kfps
    Guest
    Yes indeed peculiar. I wonder what the store would do if an open carry person came in and then 20 minutes later another open carry person started shopping followed by another 20 minutes later. Have one older, one really young and the other a female. A profile nightmare if that is in fact what they were doing. Have the older person dress as a skateboard dude, the really young dress like a lawyer, the the female as a schoolteacher. It appears to me when we have the larger meet ups we confuse the rest of the people around us. As they appear to be trying to put us in a group such as Rambo types, militia group, or law enforcement with everyone in the group different age, size, different firearms, dress and method of carrying and one or two very good looking ladies. Often they just walk away confused shaking their heads, unable to put us in a profile group.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Yes indeed peculiar. I wonder what the store would do if an open carry person came in and then 20 minutes later another open carry person started shopping followed by another 20 minutes later. Have one older, one really young and the other a female. A profile nightmare if that is in fact what they were doing. Have the older person dress as a skateboard dude, the really young dress like a lawyer, the the female as a schoolteacher. It appears to me when we have the larger meet ups we confuse the rest of the people around us. As they appear to be trying to put us in a group such as Rambo types, militia group, or law enforcement with everyone in the group different age, size, different firearms, dress and method of carrying and one or two very good looking ladies. Often they just walk away confused shaking their heads, unable to put us in a profile group.
    We can be somewhat of a motley crew.

    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Good pic, that brings back memorys....
    Last edited by DON`T TREAD ON ME; 01-26-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: (sp) of course

  8. #8
    Regular Member greengum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    330
    I would have had him check my oil and tire pressure while he was out there, then ask for other random stuff just to see if he would do it! I must admit I have had some crazy OC experiences before but yours is just straight out of the twilight zone. I would like to know what was said to get grandpa to be the one to escort you. I could imagine two 20 year old's say something to the effect of, well lets have Fred escort him out because he is old and about to die anyways!

  9. #9
    28kfps
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by greengum View Post
    I lets have Fred escort him out because he is old and about to die anyways!
    Now that is very funny. May be the same concept wall mart uses. Sick em! Fred sick em!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    21
    Ive oc'd in that store quite a few times and have never had that happen! I think I need to go there anyways so Ill see if anything comes of it! Got to go pick up some more pvc for target stands!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I wonder what the store would do if an open carry person came in and then 20 minutes later another open carry person started shopping followed by another 20 minutes later.
    Fred's gonna have to swap his cane for a pogo stick.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,196
    Quote Originally Posted by one5oh2nv View Post
    Ive oc'd in that store quite a few times and have never had that happen! I think I need to go there anyways so Ill see if anything comes of it! Got to go pick up some more pvc for target stands!
    Be sure you mention why you are there!

  13. #13
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    The cane had a single shot, 12 gauge inside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •