Thread: State of the Union?

State of the Union?

Faithful liberals in Seattle, Bellingham, Everett, Tacoma, Spokane, Bremerton and Mercer Island will be glued to their television sets during tonight’s State of the Union speech, and if Dennis Henigan at the Brady Center has anything to say about it, they will hear Barack Obama make some "historic statement" about guns.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...e-of-the-union

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4vm2q6l

Shot off a message to Rep Inslee asking him not to support H.R. 308. He is not currently a sponsor of it, so if anyone else is in the 1st Congressional district, you may want to let him know your feelings to help keeping him from sponsoring it.

I will post any response I receive.
    Last edited by FMCDH; 01-26-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    State of the Union? Shot to hell. The fedgov has almost completely overshadowed the states. Whatever union there used to be, its long gone, its members subsumed into Leviathan.

Address? 1865 Forgotten Freedom Lane

...anyone else is in the 1st Congressional district...
    Done.
    Last edited by Lucky_Dog; 01-26-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    They're over there with their guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    State of the Union? Shot to hell. The fedgov has almost completely overshadowed the states. Whatever union there used to be, its long gone, its members subsumed into Leviathan.

Address? 1865 Forgotten Freedom Lane
    Well...now that we have the random mini-rage out of the way...

Follow-up

Did Obama skip guns, or just postpone remarks in State of the Union?

Gun prohibitionist groups including the Seattle-based Washington CeaseFire, the Brady Campaign and Violence Policy Center were disappointed by Tuesday’s State of the Union address in which they hoped for some meaningful comments on gun control by Barack Obama, though veteran Olympia gun rights lobbyist Joe Waldron isn’t sure they should throw in the towel just yet.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...e-of-the-union

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4vg4m3w

I didn't bother to listen last night. Instead I listened to my furnace run. Still a bunch of "Hot Air" but at least it heated my house and didn't run nearly as long as his speech. Also accomplished more.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Lori and I watched. It was a bloody pep rally. He could have condensed the whole thing downe to, "Let's all just get along, shall we?" I expect a real President to actually brief me on the state of the Union during the "State of the Union" speech and I did not get it. If I had ever given a sitrep like that to my General he would have kicked my a**.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Lori and I watched. It was a bloody pep rally.
    Is this your first SOTU address? I've watched them for a lot of years and that's all they ever are, pep rallies.

You can pretty well bet that they aren't going to say anything that might get their feet held to the fire over.

Cut out the introduction of "special guests", the applause, the "grand entrance" with all the hugging and handshaking, and the whole event could be condensed into less than what an episode of the Simpson's takes ex commercials.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Is this your first SOTU address? I've watched them for a lot of years and that's all they ever are, pep rallies.
    I call it the Union of Statists address.

They all cheer for more and bigger government.

No thanks.

It was simply the launch of his 2012 campaign.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.