• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State of the Union?

Dave Workman

FMCDH

Shot off a message to Rep Inslee asking him not to support H.R. 308. He is not currently a sponsor of it, so if anyone else is in the 1st Congressional district, you may want to let him know your feelings to help keeping him from sponsoring it.

I will post any response I receive.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
State of the Union? Shot to hell. The fedgov has almost completely overshadowed the states. Whatever union there used to be, its long gone, its members subsumed into Leviathan.

Address? 1865 Forgotten Freedom Lane

FMCDH

State of the Union? Shot to hell. The fedgov has almost completely overshadowed the states. Whatever union there used to be, its long gone, its members subsumed into Leviathan.

Well...now that we have the random mini-rage out of the way...:uhoh:

Dave Workman

Follow-up

Did Obama skip guns, or just postpone remarks in State of the Union?

Gun prohibitionist groups including the Seattle-based Washington CeaseFire, the Brady Campaign and Violence Policy Center were disappointed by Tuesday’s State of the Union address in which they hoped for some meaningful comments on gun control by Barack Obama, though veteran Olympia gun rights lobbyist Joe Waldron isn’t sure they should throw in the towel just yet.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...s-or-just-postpone-remarks-state-of-the-union

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/4vg4m3w

amlevin

I didn't bother to listen last night. Instead I listened to my furnace run. Still a bunch of "Hot Air" but at least it heated my house and didn't run nearly as long as his speech. Also accomplished more.

blackmarine

And the sheeple graze placidly in the meadow.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Lori and I watched. It was a bloody pep rally. He could have condensed the whole thing downe to, "Let's all just get along, shall we?" I expect a real President to actually brief me on the state of the Union during the "State of the Union" speech and I did not get it. If I had ever given a sitrep like that to my General he would have kicked my a**.

amlevin

Lori and I watched. It was a bloody pep rally.
Is this your first SOTU address? I've watched them for a lot of years and that's all they ever are, pep rallies.

You can pretty well bet that they aren't going to say anything that might get their feet held to the fire over.

Cut out the introduction of "special guests", the applause, the "grand entrance" with all the hugging and handshaking, and the whole event could be condensed into less than what an episode of the Simpson's takes ex commercials.