• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let's all invite WAVE members

johnny amish

I know some of you might think that I am crazy and maybe I am, but I would like to invite all WAVE members to our forum for some good discussion in a professional manner. I know sometimes the dialogue can get spirited but if we can act as adults there is potential for education on both sides. Issues like open carry and ccw seem to have alot misunderstandings surounding them. It would be my hope to clear some of those up.

So here it is: Jeri, Judith, Laura, Catherine, Marianne, Janice, Brandon, Jane, Liegh, Andrew, Ken, Baldr, Heidi, James, Kimm, John, Monette, Paul, Harry, Ray, Pete, Roni, Deron, Eric, Jolle, Mary, Karen, Mary Jo, Marian, Kevin, Robert, Lynn and anyone I might have missed, I am inviting you to discuss the carry issues here on this forum. I can tell you we have a bunch of good people here and the opportunity could be good for all involved.

Last edited:

AaronS

I know some of you might think that I am crazy and maybe I am, but I would like to invite all WAVE members to our forum for some good discussion in a professional manner. I know sometimes the dialogue can get spirited but if we can act as adults there is potential for education on both sides. Issues like open carry and ccw seem to have alto misunderstandings surounding them. It would be my hope to clear some of those up.

So here it is: Jeri, Judith, Laura, Catherine, Marianne, Janice, Brandon, Jane, Liegh, Andrew, Ken, Baldr, Heidi, James, Kimm, John, Monette, Paul, Harry, Ray, Pete, Roni, Deron, Eric, Jolle, Mary, Karen, Mary Jo, Marian, Kevin, Robert, Lynn and anyone I might have missed, I am inviting you to discuss the carry issues here on this forum. I can tell you we have a bunch of good people here and the opportunity could be good for all involved.

Well...
Okay...
This should be good...

Thank you very much for your invite.
I am a member of WAVE, and in many parts I agree with what the real goal of WAVE is. I do not agree with a lot of the things that WAVE is doing, but I am a member. My goal is to see a lower rate of murder in Milwaukee, thats all. I don't think guns are the problem, as a lead pipe is just as bad if I can't handle life. WAVE might not feel 100% this way I guess.
I, unlike many on this forum (or most), think that anytime any gun is sold, or traded, or gifted, a background check should be mandated. Many might want to say to me "shall not be infringed", but might I remind you also of the "well regulated" part... I don't need any record of any guns you own, but I should be able to show that you are able to own it if I sell it to you. I have given this a lot of thought, and I will stand fast on this. It is the "well regulated" part, and I have no problem with it at all. This is why I did try to ask for all of your ideas on the topic of the background check for sale. For the record, I think I got some real good responses on that topic. I still like the idea of the check. It might not stop much crime, but a few is a good start.

phred

Well...
Okay...
This should be good...

Thank you very much for your invite.
I am a member of WAVE, ......... It is the "well regulated" part, and I have no problem with it at all. .

Talk about taking words out of context....

The "well regulated " part refers to the militia not the people. If the people did not have firearms in the first place (because of the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed) then there would not be any militia, much less a well regulated militia.

Big Dipper

Or, a comparison I have seen elsewhere:

"A well regulated stock market being necessary to the growth of a free economy, the right of the people to buy and sell stocks shall not be infringed"

What does this mean?

a) People can own stocks, but only if they are members of a well regulated stock market (i.e. Privately owned companies cannot be sold).

b) People can own stocks, unless they are risky stocks.

c) Only regulators should own dangerous stocks

d) The right of the people to buy and sell stocks shall not be infringed.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Aaron You can't keep weapons out of the hands of criminals or even us. Look at all the weapons that are found where there should not be, Prisons for starters though rare the most primitive of firearms have been found.

Our founding Father's knew the importence of being armed with the latest weapons avalable . security and defense of a free state and your family.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Just a few thoughts. Despite the noblest of intentions, the internet is a bad forum for debate. At the end of the day nothing changes.

I think the history of this forum over the last 6 months has shown that debate quickly degenerates.

Very few people are willing to ever concede points, and on the internet, you don't have to... you just post more than the next guy.

This forum has JUST gotten back to a point of ACTUALLY having more useful information than bickering and I don't think inviting anti's who's minds are already made up is a wise idea.

First, I think the odds of changing their minds are slim to none, and second, with 74% of the Wisconsin population supportive of the RKBA, your time is better spent and your effort more fruitful bringing other generally pro-rights individuals into the discussion. We don't need the 24%'ers and we DON'T need more bickering on this forum.

Its bad enough that we KNOW the utility of this forum is limited because LE, news media, and anti's monitor it daily, but I offer that if you want to debate anti's, this is NOT the place. If you want to share information with other like minded folks to educate each other, provide each other with information we can all use towards our common goal and not duplicate efforts, thus being more efficient and effective, it can be a good place.

forum for some good discussion in a professional manner.

It wouldn't be like that. This is the internet. It only takes 2 or 3 people who don't care about professional debate that just want to vent and tee-off on some anti's and it would just be a mess.

I had actually just considered putting this forum back on WCI's member welcome letter because it seems to have become a good tool again. Lets not muck it up bringing anti's in here. If you want to debate them, I offer that a different venue would be better.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

Spread the word, they haven't shown up yet, but we can debate them in absentia here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Anti-Violence-Effort-LIES/171607756203919

Heres your problem, you expect to debate these people. They will not debate unless you use the same logic impaired emotional responses as they do. To take facts and scu them to fit the meaning you want rather than the truth and to be unwilling to accept someone else's opinion (somewhat like that Eye95 dude).

AaronS

Okay, I have to come clean. I did try to join WAVE (hay, who is pro-violence?), but I was told that I was not welcome. I guess she was thinking that I would turn her Face book site into a "fire fight". So I guess I am not a real member. If she did change her mind, I would still be interested.

Now, we were asked not to debate this stuff in public, so this will be my last post on this topic.

I would only add that once again, I posted on a very "hot" topic, and once again, the members answered the post very well. Once again, we did not start any fights, and no name calling. I guess what I am trying to say is that I see this forum cleaning its self up. We look to be able to discuss just about anything in a civil manor, when we try. Thank you all.