• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry City Hall Tour 01/30/11 Maryland Heights, MO

sohighlyunlikely

To Whom it may concern,

I will be eating lunch at Taco Bell at 11952 Dorsett Rd on Sunday 1/30/11 at 12:30PM. Then going one block down the street to take a picture of myself and any Open Carry-er who wishes to join me in front of the Maryland Heights Government center/police station. I do this for open carry awareness. Maryland Heights has no laws regarding open carry that make this illegal, but I can not guaranty my actions will be appreciated by local authorities, as well I do not claim responsibility for any unjust persecution you may receive for doing as I do.

If by chance the restaurant that I am going to eat lunch at choses to not want me there and I have to eat elsewhere I suggest that if you are joining me you should contact me for my cell number in advance.

Doc

sohighlyunlikely

i think i will show up. it doesn't seem i need my CCW in this city to OC.

I have read the codes for Maryland Heights and can find no codes that restrict open carry. Here is the link to their codes. http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=11970&stateId=25&stateName=Missouri
here is the codes that involve firearms. http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=11970&stateId=25&stateName=Missouri

I suggest you take no ones words on what is legal. Instead I think you should make sure to read and understand the laws that may restrict Open Carry. I and others here will gladly guide you to find the resources you need. But making well educated decisions involving the carrying of a firearm will fall completely on your shoulders.

Doc

jad316

I tell you, if I was NOT married with kids this kind of stuff would take over all me stress! LOL...Does anyone know weather our elected officials are taking this up for vote? I mean I will love the day with the entire state has ONE law and only ONE law. This is really confusing for the average person to fully understand. Unless I have something wrong with my reading? LOL... Anyway thanks again to everyone who understands and is working on making this happen.

Jim

sohighlyunlikely

I tell you, if I was NOT married with kids this kind of stuff would take over all me stress! LOL...Does anyone know weather our elected officials are taking this up for vote? I mean I will love the day with the entire state has ONE law and only ONE law. This is really confusing for the average person to fully understand. Unless I have something wrong with my reading? LOL... Anyway thanks again to everyone who understands and is working on making this happen.

Jim

A bill regarding state wide legal OC normally gets put together every year. Then it usually gets brushed under the rug without even being voted on. Talk to your state rep. Make sure he/she knows how you feel about this topic.

Doc

kylemoul

mary heights didnt seem to have anything at all covered.
i only seen something about discharging of firearms for hunting.

yay

A bill regarding state wide legal OC normally gets put together every year. Then it usually gets brushed under the rug without even being voted on. Talk to your state rep. Make sure he/she knows how you feel about this topic.

Doc

I ran a search on firearms bills on the Senate and House yesterday but did not see any state wide legal OC preemption anywhere but I may have overlooked something.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

I ran a search on firearms bills on the Senate and House yesterday but did not see any state wide legal OC preemption anywhere but I may have overlooked something.

We are very early in this house's session. But that is another fools game they play. They will introduce the bill very late in the session. Knowing it doesn't have time to get ratified. That way they can say, they tried. In an attempt to pander to there constituents, but not have to fight the good fight and draw lines in the sand with other reps that they have other dirty dealings with. I truly hate how the 2 party system is strong arming American politics.

Doc

kellogg2185

Good seeing those that made it today, hopefully a little bigger turn out next time. We should hit a Steak'n Shake in St. Peters/St. Charles sometime soon. If somebody wants to pick out a date in the next few weeks, let me know.

sohighlyunlikely

DSCF2765.jpg

MarylandHeightsCityHall.jpg

StevenSTL

It was nice meeting everyone today. I'm glad I could make it out. I hope to attend a bunch of these meet-ups.

Kellogg, I'm down for a St. Charles meet-up. I'm hoping that my CCW doesn't take too much longer to come through.

kylemoul

st charles city should be legal to oc and dont need a permit.

i work in st charles city...i can def make that one.

kylemoul

i oc'ed today at cecils by lindenwood.
ordered pizza, sat and walked out. not a word.

i was worried about someone calling a MWAG and leo's showing up. i figure theres no "assembly" so no need to worry

MK1MR2

Hey guys, I'm new to the fourm just because this thread. I am a Maryland heights resident. I have been looking at there laws and this thread has been the most helpful. My 18th birthday is in 3 days. I have had several very uncomfterble and situations that have left me feeling very vunerable lately. Befor everyone tells me to make a wise decision and think this through, I have very much lately. I know missouri law state is your 18 you can open carry. From what I read Maryland heights has no restrictions opon that law. My grandfather was a CCW instuctor so I have a fair share of information and experience with firearms. I shoot every weekend also. My question is, is all my information correct that I can open carry legaly? Thanks for all the information, this is the most helpful article I found.
Edit- I will only be carrying in Maryland heights unless laws permit in surrounding municipalitys. Anyone have info on bridgton?

Last edited: