TO AMEND SECTION 23‑31‑240, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE LIST OF ELECTED AND APPOINTED PERSONS ALLOWED TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON WHILE ON DUTY, SO AS TO INCLUDE ANY ELECTED OR APPOINTED PUBLIC OFFICIAL WHO DOES NOT ALREADY APPEAR ON THE LIST.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 23‑31‑240 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
“Section 23‑31‑240. Notwithstanding any other provision contained in this article, the following persons who possess a valid permit pursuant to this article may carry a concealable weapon anywhere within this State, when carrying out the duties of their office:
(1) active Supreme Court justices;
(2) active judges of the court of appeals;
(3) active circuit court judges;
(4) active family court judges;
(5) active masters‑in‑equity;
(6) active probate court judges;
(7) active magistrates;
(8) active municipal court judges;
(9) active federal judges;
(10) active administrative law judges;
(11) active solicitors and assistant solicitors; and
(12) active workers’ compensation commissioners. ; and
(13) any other elected or appointed public official.
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.