• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tear gas

MilitaryMike

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-2...l#NRS202Sec370

NRS 202.370 thru 390 is what you want to read. My interpretation, basically you can not possess any more than 2 oz of any form of CS or tear gas. Products made from a "natural" substance, like pepper spray, are exempt.

he 2oz version can sure pack a punch... I wonder what the legal issues would be for using one of those puppies on a crowd of kids in a HOA owned park. Humm..

Nevada carrier

I would refrain from using Dispersal agents outside your own private property. Yes, the HOA owned park is private property, and being a member of the HOA gives you privilege to use it, but I doubt you have the authority to enforce any of the HOA bylaws pertaining to the park.

Now, if you called the HOA board members to ask to be granted emergency authority to enforce the bylaws on behalf of the board, and they granted you that authority, you'll likely be okay in criminal court and not subject to civil liability if your HOA sues you, but anyone you use a chemical agent on could sue you. Lets say one of those kids had asthma and died as a result of a reaction to the chemicals? you could clock how fast you would be facing a wrongful death suit with an egg timer.

In the Army, we were required to make an annual trip through the NBC chamber, exposing ourselves to CS gas. There is a reason the drill sergeants say, "if you lied about having asthma to your recruiter, now is the time to come clean!"

Last edited:

Motofixxer

The gas mask will probably be a hint . . .

Yea it would but why would you be in the large group of unruly people. That is just asking for trouble. Run and grab the canister, chuck it and disappear LoL. In reality, it's probably better to stay out of the whole thing.

Last edited:

MilitaryMike

Yea it would but why would you be in the large group of unruly people. That is just asking for trouble. Run and grab the canister, chuck it and disappear LoL. In reality, it's probably better to stay out of the whole thing.
Agree. I just hate ******* teenagers thinking that they can run the joint.