• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in churches offer a powerful contradiction to claims of faith in God's protectio

budlight

snip

I've always found it ironic that some people carry, or want to carry, guns into churches. A couple of years back, there was a big to-do over armed ministers in Detroit pulpits. And now that a Michigan legislator has proffered a bill that rolls back restrictions on where guns can be carried, including churches, the issue has again come to light.

snip

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2011/01/guns_in_churches_offers_a_powe.html#incart_hbx

I have read several articles by this guy, all I can say is that he is a whack job!

khicks

there are many passages in the bible that stats that we are allowed to defend ourselves. exodus 22/2 for one. there is nothing wrong in defending ones self, no matter where

paul@paul-fisher.com

I see no contradiction. God gives us tools to use. If we are too stupid to use them, we just meet Him sooner. Same reason why we should see doctors. God can heal us, however, he uses doctors to do His work.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was lead to a 1911 on several occasions , but the decision to accept was left to me.

In at least one instance, I did so on faith alone. :D

I converted; I used to be 1911 Orthodox, now I'm Pentaglocktal.

:D

My baptismal was as a believer in the cylindrical way, but found reformation and a new joy under the tutalige of Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning. I have been totally immersed and am now spreading the word.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
So you left the Light Of The Way to follow the False One down the path of idolatrous barbarism?

Spew your blasphemous, heretical bile elsewhere! GET THEE BEHIND ME GLOCKAN!!

Bronson

Oh forgive me my transgressions, its just the 1911 made me look like I was saggin', which, on a middle aged white guy, just looks sad. Perhaps a 1911 plus a set of suspenders and I can mend my ways. Just don't tell my Beretta, I think he's a 40 Caliber Adventist.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Shadow Bear said:
I converted; I used to be 1911 Orthodox, now I'm Pentaglocktal.

My baptismal was as a believer in the cylindrical way, but found reformation and a new joy under the tutalige of Rt. Rev. John Moses Browning. I have been totally immersed and am now spreading the word.

Y'all that follow a messianic doctrine make me chuckle.

I'm more of a bhuddacp, myself.

Last edited:

AFPVet

It is not a challenge to faith to be armed. Jesus even said that one must have a sword—in the context of today, this would be a firearm.

jdholmes

Carrying Pastor

Here's a question for you folks. It seems obvious you have no problem with saints and visitors of a church carrying their firearm to services. What about the Pastor?

I'm moving from Canada to Nevada to start a church and would love to finally be able to exercise my right to protect my family by carrying.

Would it intimidate you?
Do you think that as I encounter and try to have folks grab on to our vision for the area that the fact I am carrying a firearm would be a hinderance?

Or will it be relatively ignored and not make a difference either way?

Of course for some of you, maybe it would make you more likely to join my church. ;)

AFPVet

Here's a question for you folks. It seems obvious you have no problem with saints and visitors of a church carrying their firearm to services. What about the Pastor?

I'm moving from Canada to Nevada to start a church and would love to finally be able to exercise my right to protect my family by carrying.

Would it intimidate you?
Do you think that as I encounter and try to have folks grab on to our vision for the area that the fact I am carrying a firearm would be a hindrance?

Of course for some of you, maybe it would make you more likely to join my church. ;)

If I was in the area, I would love to join :) Personally, I think that a carrying minister would lead a good example. I guess you could call it the "Sword of the Spirit" ;)

paul@paul-fisher.com

Would it intimidate you?
Do you think that as I encounter and try to have folks grab on to our vision for the area that the fact I am carrying a firearm would be a hinderance?

I think you are asking the wrong crowd. Personally I wouldn't mind whatsoever. It might cause envy if it was a better weapon than mine, however. ;)