• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Action Alert ** - Help Kill H.3405

hp-hobo

download

*** GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 3405 ***

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: The SC General Assembly changed from a direct email system to a submission form on the individual webpage of each lawmaker. The links below will open each lawmaker's page where you must click "Send a message to Representative" then paste in your message.​

January 26, 2011​

Some elected representatives are finally seeing the prohibited carry restrictions placed upon concealed weapon permit (CWP) holders are unreasonable and need to be abolished - but not for you. Unfortunately, the only gun related legislation moving forward in the SC General Assembly is a bill - H. 3405 - to make politicians more equal than the rest of us.​

H. 3405 would let “any other elected or appointed public official” - that means politicians - who possesses a CWP to carry a self-defense firearm anywhere in the state. But, this bill will NOT allow YOU same freedom! H. 3405 is nothing more than a self serving bill that proves that politicians think their lives are more important than your life or the lives of your family!​

H. 3405 will allow politicians to carry in schools, restaurants that serve alcoholic beverages, churches, day care facilities, high school and college football games, publicly owned buildings, court houses and court rooms, private residences without permission, and even into posted businesses! But, H. 3405 will do NOTHING for you!​

H. 3405 is another example of how politicians seem to forget the fact that they are public servants, not our lords and masters. Why should public servants have greater privileges than you? Isn’t your life and your family’s life just as important as the life of a politician?​

GrassRoots GunRights strongly opposes H. 3405, just as we did similar proposed legislation last session and the session before that.​

GrassRoots still believes the words “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Evidently, some SC politicians do not believe SC citizens should be treated as their equals. Unfortunately, some politicians think like the pigs from George Orwell’s book “Animal Farm” where the ruling pigs said “All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.”​

After the recent AZ shootings, Rep. Ron Paul wrote about the “growing perception that politicians view their own lives as far more important than the lives of ordinary citizens.” H. 3405 is a perfect example of why people have such a perception.​

H. 3405 needs to die in subcommittee. SC does not need another law granting special privileges to politicians while leaving you and your family at risk.​

H. 3405 will be discussed on Thursday, January 27, at 9:00 am in room 511 of the Blatt Building in a meeting of the House Judiciary General Laws Subcommittee. GrassRoots GunRights leaders will be there to speak against the bill. If you can attend this meeting, please join us. There is strength in numbers, and every extra body in that room will help show that GrassRoots GunRights members oppose special laws for politicians. If politicians believe the present laws are too restrictive for their safety, then those present laws are too restrictive for our safety, too.​

Yes, the world is a dangerous place. But, the solution is to grant ALL citizens the right to keep and bear arms to defend themselves and their loved ones. The solution is NOT to give special privileges to politicians.​

GrassRoots GunRights has led the fight to kill similar legislation in the last two sessions. But, GrassRoots GunRights is only as strong as you make it. GrassRoots GunRights is only your voice. YOU are the POWER that makes politicians listen to your voice.​

Please take the following “Action Steps” ASAP and let the members of the subcommittee know how strongly you feel about politicians giving themselves special privileges while leaving you and your family at risk.​

ACTION STEPS:

1) Call each member of the House General Laws Subcommittee and tell them the following:​

“I strongly urge you to Vote NO on H. 3405! No special privileges for public officials! If it's good enough for YOU, it's good enough for ME. GrassRoots GunRights speaks for me!”​

2) Using the submission forms at the links below, send each member of House General Laws Subcommittee with the same message:​

“Dear Representative (INSERT NAME):​

I strongly urge you to Vote NO on H. 3405! No special privileges for public officials! If it's good enough for YOU, it's good enough for ME. GrassRoots GunRights speaks for me! Sincerely,​

(YOUR NAME)
(YOUR TOWN)”​

Members of the SC House General Laws Subcommittee:​

Rep. Laurie Funderburk
(803) 734-3044
http://www.scstatehouse.gov/members/bios/0629545379.html

If you are unable to reach any of these Representatives at their individual office numbers listed above, call the House Judiciary Committee (803) 734-3120 and ask to be transferred.​

Thank you for taking immediate action on this very important gun rights issue!​

Bill Rentiers
Executive Officer
GrassRoots GunRights of SC
Visit the GrassRoots website at: www.scfirearms.org

Click the box below to join GrassRoots GunRights of SC, the only No Compromise, No Surrender gun rights organization in South Carolina!

Copyright © 2011 GrassRoots GunRights of SC.

aadvark

This is Incomprehensable that Politicians Think of Themselves more Important than Everyone Else!

sultan62

Yeah, any law that suggests multiple classes of citizens should be struck down on principle. Though many may disagree with me, I'm against LEOSA for the same reason, even though I support carry anywhere and everywhere, by any citizen.