Thread: Official State Gun for Utah?

Official State Gun for Utah?

Very appropriate.

John Browning was incredibly talented and if you are going to honor him as a Utah native and great American that is the way to do it. I sincerely hope it passes and thanks to Carl Wimmer. I am moving to Utah soon and My 1911
    will be right beside me as I cross the state border.

Why not...?

Sounds like a Good Idea to me!

I sat in on the committee hearing for this bill on John M. Browning Day. So far it has passed that committee and a House vote.

Now on to the Senate!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jensen View Post
    I sat in on the committee hearing for this bill on John M. Browning Day. So far it has passed that committee and a House vote.

Now on to the Senate!
    Good for US and us and Utah too!

Thumbs up

It's nice to see some recognition for some ingenuity that has complimented our military. Those that disent this bill should probably think about those that have made advances in military equipmet are just as deserving in recognition as those that used such equipment in the battlefield. What a wonderful way to honor Mr. Browning.

The most intelligent statement in that Yahoo News article was the last one; "We need to stop demonizing guns."

I personally am very fond of Mr. Browning's design and have three variants.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

i love my 1911 it is safe and reliable
    ive had my rock island 1911 for over 3 years now and to my knowledge it has never participated in any mass shootings. maybe i should check out its friends and see who it hangs out with.
    you know guns theses days, you cant trust them to sit in a holster. an idle gun is like an idle mind it may wander all by its self.
    "best shooting gun is the gun you shoot best" tony mar