• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Official State Gun for Utah?

DEFENSOR

Very appropriate.

John Browning was incredibly talented and if you are going to honor him as a Utah native and great American that is the way to do it. I sincerely hope it passes and thanks to Carl Wimmer. I am moving to Utah soon and My 1911
will be right beside me as I cross the state border.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
I sat in on the committee hearing for this bill on John M. Browning Day. So far it has passed that committee and a House vote.

Now on to the Senate!

cdrhoad

It's nice to see some recognition for some ingenuity that has complimented our military. Those that disent this bill should probably think about those that have made advances in military equipmet are just as deserving in recognition as those that used such equipment in the battlefield. What a wonderful way to honor Mr. Browning.

jpm84092

The most intelligent statement in that Yahoo News article was the last one; "We need to stop demonizing guns."

I personally am very fond of Mr. Browning's design and have three variants.

k31

i love my 1911 it is safe and reliable
ive had my rock island 1911 for over 3 years now and to my knowledge it has never participated in any mass shootings. maybe i should check out its friends and see who it hangs out with.
you know guns theses days, you cant trust them to sit in a holster. an idle gun is like an idle mind it may wander all by its self.