• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Silly Cops in East Grand Forks MN.

e95070

Ahhh, details.

Date, time, location, officers name - anything you have.

This should be brought to the attention of Chief Hedlund.

Inconsistencies need to be resolved for the benefit of others.

It was January 17th I believe, about 4am. No officers names, though they were both overweight and I could pick them out of a line up in no time. Ha, now they sound like the criminals.

e95070

When someone is a "hit and run" poster, does not give any details that may be confirmed (time and place), even after being asked, then they and their story become most suspect.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. The emails from this site don't seem to make it through my spam filter. This was January 17th, I think, of 2010. It was about 4am. There were two officers and it took place in the parking lot of 1912 5th Ave. NE in East Grand forks. The second officer didn't arrive until he was contacted via radio.
Sure, the officers may have been frightened, but they also did not understand my rights as a person with a carry permit, now did they? I like cops and have several friends who are officers including Chief of Police Mike Docken of my hometown Hallock, MN. I don't pick fights and I don't let myself come off as an *******. I just wish they were smarter. Everyone would benefit then.

Pyro01

I would keep a voice recorder on you at all times. If you got pulled over, all you had to do was flip that puppy on, and then when all those events transpired you'd have evidence that you did not consent to a search and that they violated your rights. If this ever happens to me, I'm gonna have it on record. I use my iPhone for long recordings like when I'm open carrying and I got an old digital voice recorder that records about 30 minutes at standard quality in the car. I'll be taking some classes soon so I can apply for MN permit because even though I live in WI I travel to MN quite often.