• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have dealings with this organization???

NakedOne

While I don't know Kevin Eyre, so I can't say anything. I do see they offer Ayoob Group classes (aka LFI) and from the point of contact listed, David Maglio, I can comment. I have taken many classes with him and whomever he was with then. He is a very knowledgeable guy that will work one on one with anyone needing extra help.

He also was shooting IDPA when that first came to Wisconsin (2000?) and active in the early state matches in Ripon the first couple years for sure.

While I have no idea what he's up to now, I would not hesitate to take a class HE was teaching.

Touchdown

I was reading the paper today and came across and advertisement in the classified section of the Milwaukee Journal for a concealed carry permit. Here is the website that was listed in the ad www.milwaukeecops.com

Anyone know of any other Utah CCW instructors in SE Wisconsin that teach the course inexpensively? Don't care how well they teach, just as long as they are certified.
I already have a Florida CCW license, but Utah's is cheaper.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks. Molon Labe!

phred

I thought he was okay. Not fantastic, but decent. I haven't taken any of his other classes, but maybe he is better with those than the "intro" one?

I have taken all five handgun courses and one carbine course. I learned a lot, but I have nothing to compare him to.

As stated earlier on this forum, he does not care at all for Open Carry and he is Concealed Carry with Permit kind of instructor. Last September he was selling prepaid Concealed Carry Permit classes for Wisconsin in anticipation of the new state government.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-t-even-introduced-and-the-pofiteering-begins

And post 156 of
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...to-your-local-gun-shops&p=1426676#post1426676

deals with lobbying the Concealed Carry with Permit position.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Anyone know of any other Utah CCW instructors in SE Wisconsin that teach the course inexpensively? Don't care how well they teach, just as long as they are certified.
I already have a Florida CCW license, but Utah's is cheaper.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

Thanks. Molon Labe!

How can Utah's be cheaper? The permit itself is cheaper, but not if you add the cost of the required class to the permit cost.

But Utah class is also taught regularly at Deerfield Pistol.

Last edited:

Touchdown

How can Utah's be cheaper? The permit itself is cheaper, but not if you add the cost of the required class to the permit cost.

Cost is pretty much a wash, but Utah's license is accepted in MI and MN, where FL's is not. FL renewal is $154 (fingerprint fee due to out of state).

Have a great day!

Molon Labe!!

phred

For comparison, my PPA costs are

Course 1(08-16-2009 ) Tuition - $140.00, Range Fee - $25.00, Transportation - $30.00; Ammo (1 box) - $18.00

Total $213.00

Utah Permit Permit - $65.25; Fingerprints - $10.00; ID Photo - $10.00
Total $85.25

Grand Total was $298.25

The Tuition was discounted $60 because of family/friend multiple enrollment.

So, I can pretty much predict from this and other dealings with some instructors that if a permitted carry is enacted in Wisconsin, it's gonna cost $350 or so

Archangel

So, I can pretty much predict from this and other dealings with some instructors that if a permitted carry is enacted in Wisconsin, it's gonna cost $350 or so
Hope they have reciprocity with Georgia cause I don't want to have to pay that!

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
For comparison, my PPA costs are

Course 1(08-16-2009 ) Tuition - $140.00, Range Fee - $25.00, Transportation - $30.00; Ammo (1 box) - $18.00

Total $213.00

Utah Permit Permit - $65.25; Fingerprints - $10.00; ID Photo - $10.00
Total $85.25

Grand Total was $298.25

The Tuition was discounted $60 because of family/friend multiple enrollment.

And you got by with a relatively low price. The total cost of getting a permit must be made part of the discussion with the legislature. The other thing will be a lack of places to train. Although a sizable potion of Pittman-Robinson money provided the DNR comes from handgun and ammo sales, the DNR has not been using funds received for range development.

Law enforcement ranges should be required to be open to the public. They were paid for with taxpayer money. Limiting range availability is a way to keep the the number of gun owners down. I am unaware of Doyle's DNR spending a penny on ranges. The DNR ranges are privately or volunteer operated and maintained.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Touchdown said:
...Utah's license is accepted in MI and MN, where FL's is not.
The way I understand it, MI will allow you to carry openly if you have a concealed carry permit from any state. You can carry concealed in MI if you have a permit from your home state, & you cannot carry openly in MI unless you have a permit.
So they're even more rights-restrictive than WI.

Last edited:

jpm84092

Permit Costs

Hi Friends,

One forum member asked about prices for the Utah Concealed Carry Permit Class. Here is my response:

I noted that one link to a Utah Permit Instructor listed FL, CO, NH, and MI as accepting the Utah permit. That is true ONLY if the permit holder is a Utah resident. Another instructor is "recommended by a WI resident", but upon visiting his website, no fees are mentioned.

One link to a Utah Permit Instructor posted that he is certified to teach the course required for a Florida Permit. In truth, the Florida permit "class" is self taught by receiving a kit from FL. The required shooting course can be satisfied by a Military DD-214 showing pistol qualification, by most State's Hunter Safety Courses, or more preferably, by taking and passing the NRA Pistol Course (which I too am qualified to teach).

Please be aware that the Utah permit (tax) fee is 1/2 of the Florida fee.

As a former WI resident and current UT resident (and BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit instructor), who still owns property in WI, I can understand the financial motives of WI residents who invest money to become an NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol Discipline credentials, and then travel to Salt Lake City every three years to get and renew their Utah BCI Certification. I tip my hat to those folks.

And, I see that the going price for a Utah Concealed Carry Permit Class is $100 + range expenses (and often + travel fees). Or, $80 from an Illinois instructor for those willing to travel into Illinois to receive the training. I commend my former WI resident friends on their business endeavors, but I do have other plans.

Thus, as a former WI resident with family and friends in WI, I now present an alternative plan. (Keep in mind that as much as I support Constitutional Carry, a "permission slip" is still necessary to go from State to State.) And, depending on how a WI Concealed Carry law might get written, an out-of-state permit may just immediately qualify a WI resident for a (hopefully optional) WI permit.

I will be returning to WI in late Spring and/or early summer to visit my family and friends and will offer the UT Concealed Firearm Permit course "for cost". I will drive (so that I do not have to go unarmed in an airplane and so that I can take the Utah Course materials with me) and estimate that it will cost $600 or so for the round-trip journey. Now, if I have only one student, that is not a very good deal. If I have six students, that would match current WI prices. If I have 10 students, that is $60 per student. If I have 20 students, that is $30 per student. Thirty students would be $20 each... you can do the math. With the right classroom, I could do 60 students for $10 each. (I have access to an airport hanger in East Troy, but do not have 30 - 60 chairs.)

I will be staying near Burlington and visiting Janesville and Elkhorn. I do not have a classroom facility or range in WI, and would have to count on others in WI to try to find me one. (Be advised, a live shoot is NOT required to receive the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, but I am available as an NRA Pistol Instructor to tutor those who are not familiar with firearms. - Or teach the NRA Pistol course for those who also want a FL permit.)

For this to work, I will need somebody in WI to serve as a liason to help set everything up - and I will need some RSVPs from folks to make it worth while. Otherwise, I will visit my family, teach the course to a few friends who have expressed an interest, and then just drive back to SLC.

Jim

JerryD

well if you are willing to travel 3 hours north (redgranite 30 miles west of Oshkosh) I have a 30x50 garage and a 200 yard range on my property that could be used for this endeavour.