• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry holsters

mobodyguard

Do you believe it is a good choose to have a non retention holster open carrying, meaning anything less than a level 2 or at least a thumb snap

goalseter88

same here. i wouldnt either. i be worried of it falling out if i bend over to pick something up and that is something. i dont want to happen in a public place. with my luck a cop be right in front of me when it happened.

Big Boy

I prefer to use serpa's because they have active retention, but sometimes you just can't. Only one company (bladtech) even makes a holster for my FNP .45. After carrying for a while in it, I am more than comfortable carrying without any active retention. I can turn that thing upside down and shake it and it takes a damn bit of force to get that thing to fall out. And it's heavy.

I'm comfortable with it. However I would carry it in a serpa if they made one.

ChiangShih

I prefer to OC with at least a thumb snap. My normal OC is a Bianchi accumold. It has a thumb snap and a 5(ish)lb retention pull on it.

mobodyguard

A uh...umm....

Hi-Point 9mm :uhoh:

Not to say it's a bad gun by any means, would just prefer something else for carry.

dont even be ashamed of the weapon u have, i have one of every high point and never had a problem with any of them, you can carry that high point there r holster out there for them

chakragod

dont even be ashamed of the weapon u have, i have one of every high point and never had a problem with any of them, you can carry that high point there r holster out there for them

I do, It fits great in the $7 wal-mart holster =P I just hate the retention strap on it.

kellogg2185

Walker doesn't use active retention. The only time his weapon falls on the ground is when he throws it there to bare-knuckle the bad guys 5 on 1.

Walker.jpg

Last edited: