Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Business's that welcome Open Carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member BrewTownBagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wauwatosa
    Posts
    150

    Business's that welcome Open Carry

    I thought it would be good to list business's, especially restuarants that serve alcohol that are OC friendly. It should make it easier for people who are out n about to find a place to go for lunch or dinner without wondering if they can bring their firearm with them or not.

    Today I was out for lunch at Chancery in Wauwatosa and was welcomed with open arms along with Champps in Brookfield.

  2. #2
    McX
    Guest
    Mechanix LTD. 1626/1628 Douglas Ave. Racine....................or so i have heard.

  3. #3
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Yeah, And they give out these cool hats if you OC there, too!!!

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  4. #4
    McX
    Guest
    i'ts more than a job, it's a damn adventure; keeping the beautiful people's cars running, and giving them hats to keep them beautiful, and in style too!

  5. #5
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i'ts more than a job, it's a damn adventure; keeping the beautiful people's cars running,
    Now,Now...that wasnt what you were really thinkin now was it ???

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  6. #6
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    Today I was out for lunch at Chancery in Wauwatosa and was welcomed with open arms along with Champps in Brookfield.
    Both those places serve alcohol so you may have to check with the manager to be sure it's okay to carry there IIRC. If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me on this.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  7. #7
    Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mauston wi
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    Yeah, And they give out these cool hats if you OC there, too!!!

    LR Yote
    free hats i like free hats i may have to make a road trip someday to have the fluids in my car checked
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 01-27-2011 at 12:01 PM.
    SCOTT

    "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

    "When seconds count police are minutes away"

    "Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

    http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

  8. #8
    Regular Member BrewTownBagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wauwatosa
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Both those places serve alcohol so you may have to check with the manager to be sure it's okay to carry there IIRC. If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me on this.
    I guess that was the point of the thread, both places I did talk to management and they were fine with me having a firearm in their establishment.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    I thought it would be good to list business's, especially restuarants that serve alcohol that are OC friendly.
    I have received a reply from Fleet Farm saying that corporate policy is to allow OC following state and fed law. Thought I would pass along the info.

  10. #10
    Regular Member xd40arff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by xd40 neenah View Post
    I have received a reply from Fleet Farm saying that corporate policy is to allow OC following state and fed law. Thought I would pass along the info.
    Can you post this document?

  11. #11
    Regular Member xd40arff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    133
    Dunhams
    Menards
    Badger Guns
    Dam Road Gun Shop
    Starbucks obviously
    Ben Franklin Crafts
    Autozone
    McDonalds
    Culvers
    Franks County Markets
    Pick n Save
    Taco Bell
    Tractor Supply
    Gander Mt
    Target
    Arby's
    Home Depot
    Lowes
    Wendys

    thats all I can think of, I know I have carried at many more.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    306
    Cabelas
    Dairy Queen (Onalaska one for sure, gonna have a meet & eat there in March)
    Walmarts (generally)
    Ace of LaCrosse
    Quillins
    Festival Foods
    Woodmans
    Best Buy


    all I got for now

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Little Chute, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    128
    Add hobby lobby to list...... been in Appleton's store twice now
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

    Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

    A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

  14. #14
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    I guess that was the point of the thread, both places I did talk to management and they were fine with me having a firearm in their establishment.
    All good then
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    26
    I know I posted it somewhere before, but Necedah New & Used is an open carry friendly store. It's a new store that opened up Dec 11th of 2010. I help run it and my aunt owns it. 201 S Main St in Necedah. 6zero8-five6five-seven87eight.

  16. #16
    Regular Member BrewTownBagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wauwatosa
    Posts
    150
    ***Need to correct the original post***

    The Champps in Brookfield does not allow open carry.

    The manager on site when I visited spoke out of place by saying that they did allow it. Had a lengthy talk with the operations manager for Wisconsin today and he said its corporate policy to not allow firearms in the restaurant. He will be putting up signs.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewTownBagger View Post
    ***Need to correct the original post***

    The Champps in Brookfield does not allow open carry.

    The manager on site when I visited spoke out of place by saying that they did allow it. Had a lengthy talk with the operations manager for Wisconsin today and he said its corporate policy to not allow firearms in the restaurant. He will be putting up signs.
    Updated the Stores Who Infringe Upon Our Rights thread.
    Last edited by protias; 01-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  18. #18
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Read First Beofre You Post

    It appears that the majority of those who replied on this thread NEVER read the OP.

    McX - Do you serve alcohal in your shop? Never mind. Let me ask it another way. Do you have a Class B Liquor license?

    Everyone Else - Do any of the business's that you listed have a Class B Liquor license?

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Little Chute, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    128
    I re-read the OP and it seems to me it was "businesses" (Group 1) and " especially restaurants" (sub-group of group 1)..... not just places that serve alcohol.

    just how I saw it, not to rile anybody
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

    Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

    A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

  20. #20
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    It appears that the majority of those who replied on this thread NEVER read the OP.

    McX - Do you serve alcohal in your shop? Never mind. Let me ask it another way. Do you have a Class B Liquor license?

    Everyone Else - Do any of the business's that you listed have a Class B Liquor license?
    we serve natural and synthetic petroleum products.

  21. #21
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    It appears that the majority of those who replied on this thread NEVER read the OP.

    McX - Do you serve alcohal in your shop? Never mind. Let me ask it another way. Do you have a Class B Liquor license?

    Everyone Else - Do any of the business's that you listed have a Class B Liquor license?
    Well then, maybe the OP should change the title?

  22. #22
    Regular Member comp45acp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Watertown, WI, ,
    Posts
    383
    Thunder Bay Grill in Pewaukee gives permission to carry with a phone call-be sure to ask for the manager.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    50

    Fleet Farm's reply to my inquiry about OC

    Quote Originally Posted by xd40arff View Post
    Can you post this document?
    Dear Customer:

    Thank you for being our customer and for taking the time to send us an e-mail via our website. Let me assure you that we at Mills Fleet Farm are most interested in and concerned about customer satisfaction.

    In your e-mail, you inquired as to what Mills Fleet Farm's policy is in regards to our retail stores and the open carry law for firearms. Please be advised that Mills Fleet Farm follows all state laws regarding the open carry of firearms.

    At Mills Fleet Farm we value you as a customer. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.

    MILLS FLEET FARM

    Chad,
    Regional Manager

  24. #24
    Regular Member Carcharodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    Add hobby lobby to list...... been in Appleton's store twice now
    Really? Hobby Lobby is the only place I have gotten kicked out of. Quite angrily if I remember too.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    Really? Hobby Lobby is the only place I have gotten kicked out of. Quite angrily if I remember too.
    Hobby lobby? The craft store kind of hobby lobby? or the hobby lobby with the fun manly stuff like RC planes, cars boats etc etc etc.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •