• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 vs Glock 26

waapl01

Glock 19 vs 26

I am trying to decide between the two, anyone with experience with either or both? Opinions wanted.

The 26 is a little more concealable, maybe a little less accurate (less handgrip), the 19 is real nice. They both have their places. U can always step up mag sizes and put a sleeve on the 26 mag if u need, to to make it equal in grip size to a glock 19 or even to a glock 17. See glockstore.com.

estcrh

The 26 is a little more concealable, maybe a little less accurate (less handgrip), the 19 is real nice. They both have their places. U can always step up mag sizes and put a sleeve on the 26 mag if u need, to to make it equal in grip size to a glock 19 or even to a glock 17. See glockstore.com.
How about the recoil of the 26 compared to the 19..much difference?

Gray Rider

You will shoot better and more enjoyably with the GLOCK 19 than the 26. The extra barrel length will not adversely affect concealment. The extra grip length may impact concealment somewhat if you are a thin person by allowing the end of grip to print. Holster selection and cover garment selection will be more important to concealment than the difference in grip length.

estcrh

You will shoot better and more enjoyably with the GLOCK 19 than the 26. The extra barrel length will not adversely affect concealment. The extra grip length may impact concealment somewhat if you are a thin person by allowing the end of grip to print. Holster selection and cover garment selection will be more important to concealment than the difference in grip length.
Thanks, someone else gave me the same answer, they said that the 26 would be appropriate for a woman or someone with small hands.

NRAMARINE

I oc a 19. It is also small enough that it can be concealed with proper preperation, ( where I go, it goes) but large enough that it is easily controlled, and I can get my whole hand on it. It holds 15 in the mag and one in the pipe, plenty of rounds. I can't get a good grip on the 26. My .02.

Last edited:

NRAMARINE

The two times I shot the 26, the recoil didn't feel right. Not too hard, I just don't like fingers hanging down empty. Felt like it would slip out.

Gray Rider

Probably not

Thanks, someone else gave me the same answer, they said that the 26 would be appropriate for a woman or someone with small hands.

All shooters need to start their selection criteria with "a gun that fits your hand in a caliber you can control".

Several of my female officers opted for the GLOCK 26 over the 19 assuming a little gun would be easier for a little lady to shoot. It did not work out that way. The grip girth is the same on both (too big to fit their hand in either case), the recoil on the 26 is snapper than the 19, and the sight radius is shorter. Most using the 26 struggled to barely qualify.

My experience with smaller shooters shows they should forget double stack magazine pistols of any brand and go with a single stack. Also 4" or more of barrel length helps a lot no matter what size the shooter.

Dieselcrawler

I have a G17, and a G26. The 26 is a handful, as stated above... grip is short, as is barrel. It's a concealed carry gun for me. I have no experiance with the G19. I would think I will get better with the G26 after I've put more than 100 rounds thru it, and would also like adjustable sights... always tends to be low and left when I light them up correctly. Not so with the G17, it has adjustable sights, and is a nice shooting gun.

biggin215

---Some background---

I have both. The G19 is my normal carry gun, the G26 is more of my "it's harder to conceal because of what I am wearing" gun.

Carry scenario 1: anything requiring a belt + t-shirt and up (up being more clothing), I wear the G19 in a crossbreed supertuck

Scenario 2: For the G26: Athletic/work out shorts + t-****, Can't wear the crossbreed because I have no belt so I do the G19 + mag in a belly band.

My LCP is a backup gun in both cases and the only time you will catch me with ONLY the LCP is on the beach.

If for some reason my t-shirt is too tight or I REALLY want to conceal extra deep I will wear the G26 in my crossbreed when dressed like scenario 1.

---My Opinion---

Honestly, if you are getting a G26 and plan on putting the mag extensions on it, go ahead and go with the G19. As said previously, the grip is what is hard to hide, not the barrel. When you stick a grip extender on your mag you are really only saving about a centimeter of length with the G26 over the G19. The flush mags make a big difference though and make the G26 SUPER concealable.

As far as accuracy goes, for me, I find a negligible difference between the two. I work at a range and shoot around 150 to 200 rounds a week lately. The 19 is slightly more accurate, but I practice more with the 19 than I do with the 26 because I carry the 19 more. I have the 3.5# trigger in both so a lot of my practice with my 19 translates to the 26. I find the 26 to have more "push" as far as recoil is concerned than flip of the muzzle. Considering it's size, the 26 is a really light recoiling firearm as is the 19. I like my 19 more but would not feel under gunned with a 26. To date, I have over 10,000 rounds in my 19 (bought used btw) with no issues. It has accompanied me to a Tom Given's basic pistol course and will be accompanying me to Tiger McKee's Advanced Defensive Pistol course coming up at the end of April. My 26 has about 800 rounds through it (also bought used) and again, no issues. I haven't run it in any courses yet and probably won't as long as I have plenty of 19s laying around.

Really, it comes down to you carrying it as much as you can. IMO, if you at all feel like you cannot conceal the 19 properly and thus have apprehensions about carrying it and are not will to adjust to the gun in order TO carry it, get the 26. If you feel confident that you can carry the 19 easily in your normal dress or are willing to adjust a little so that you CAN feel comfortable carrying the 19 as much as you are able to, go ahead and get the 19.

I hope I helped! I haven't posted in a while, so I figure this post is a good restart for me.

Last edited:

Uber_Olafsun

I have the 26 with three different mags. The normal one I can only get 2 fingers on the grip. One with the pinkie extension which gives me a full grip and one with an extended mag that holds 17 but for my hand the grip is the same. If I conceal I do the normal mag and it conceals nicely. The pinkie is ok for conceal but usually open carry with it. The extended is my range one because conceal is impractical because the long grip and even open I keep bumping it when driving etc.

estcrh

I finally went with the Glock 19 third gen rtf.

Savz58MilitaryFolder-Glock19gen3rtf-SWmodel642airweight.jpg