• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying Handguns

AaronS

Yea...low post count, asking questions like were all just a bunch of gun totin' morons.

FreedomFighter= WAVE mole.

Nice try. But you sir, have been made.

-Landose-

I have to agree with you once again Landose.

I am sure WAVE would love for us to help a felon get a gun. And it would get on every TV station in the State over night.
Freedomfighter I am sorry if we have you all wrong, but you have to understand what kind of questions you are asking, and the people you are asking them to. You are the one that told us that you are a felon. We did not make that up, you posted it. If this is true, it is our responsibility to find out who you are, and report you for your "long gun" you told us you just got. On this forum, we do not break the law, we learn them and try to change them if we do not like them.
So please feel free to let us know if this whole story is all messed up.

Yea...low post count, asking questions like were all just a bunch of gun totin' morons.

FreedomFighter= WAVE mole.

Nice try. But you sir, have been made.

-Landose-

Wave mole?? what is that a police officer? Im sry you feel that way.. thats why i signed up for this website was to ask questions and to give answers not every one knows every law or even most laws..yea i dont have many posts thats because i only post the questions that i have hard times finding answers too.

I have to agree with you once again Landose.

I am sure WAVE would love for us to help a felon get a gun. And it would get on every TV station in the State over night.
Freedomfighter I am sorry if we have you all wrong, but you have to understand what kind of questions you are asking, and the people you are asking them to. You are the one that told us that you are a felon. We did not make that up, you posted it. If this is true, it is our responsibility to find out who you are, and report you for your "long gun" you told us you just got. On this forum, we do not break the law, we learn them and try to change them if we do not like them.
So please feel free to let us know if this whole story is all messed up.

Let me get things staright i never said i was a felon..i said can a felon get a gun if he commited the crime at age 14 i wasnt talking about me you guys just assume that and when i said i got my long gun that had nothing to do with the crime i was just saying that because it was my first gun and i wanted ppl to know because i was happy i got it. however i did commit crimes when i was younger like most kids..if people dont like the questions i ask then dont reply to them..if i asked if i can open carry in a court house does that mean i plan on doing it? NO its just a question so you know what u can and cant do..before people start accusing ppl of being a mole get to know the person first.

jpm84092

Freedom Fighter - as you can see, you did sort of get off to a bad start in this forum. But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and answer your question.

The question you posed using the English you used does suggest "straw purchase". However, to be clear, if a person with a personal relationship such as a Parent or family friend wanted to purchase a handgun from an FFL as a gift for a person over 18 but under 21 (or anyone over 21 for that matter), that would not be a straw purchase. Such a person would be wise to document the transfer of ownership and the reason on paper - and that the reason for transfer of ownership was in the nature of a gift.

If a person, whether related or not to the person over 18, purchased a handgun with the intention of reselling it to a person under 21, that might well be a "straw purchase" depending on the relationship of the over 21 purchaser to the under 21 but over 18 recipient - and the reason for the transfer of ownership. To be more clear:

If a person over 21 purchases a handgun for the purpose of reselling it to a person under 21 but over 18 AND the reason for the purchase is to circumvent Federal Firearm Laws, that is a Felony punishable by up to 5 years in a Federal Facility.

Thank you both..yea i wasnt planning on doing wrong its just confusing becasue i know straw purchases are mostly guns givin to felons but i wasnt sure if it was ok if they person wasnt a felon and over 18 and givin to him as a gift and thanks for the reply.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Banned

Freedomfighter and Isaiah Lee have been banned for a number of reasons:

1) FreedomFighter's seeming attempt to get people to assist in questionable acts

2) They were the same user which is a violation of the rules

3) FreedomFighter PMed threats to other posters.