• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA State Gun - If Utah has one, shouldn't VA?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did someone say "State Gun" like maybe a cannon, something built in Virginia by Virginians and dedicated to freedom loving Virginians?

Maaavelous, idea, perfectly maavelous.

doug23838

After the somewhat disputed end of the war, .....QUOTE]

End of the war? The war is over? I thought it was just half-time.

I'll defer to the historians in the crowd, but I think it is a fine idea. I might want to look to a historical figure, and a critical moment in the Commonwealth's (or Colony's) history, and suggest the firearm he was using at the time.

wylde007

No, there was a surrender but exactly who surrendered to whom, is uncertain. Alcohol was definitely a factor! :banghead:
Grant being an infamous and documented drunk.

Regardless. Lee's surrender of the ANV did not constitute a surrender of a sovereign government. Davis refused to surrender that government upon capture and his cabinet escaped to South America, to maintain the government in exile. No treaty was ever issued nor peace accord signed.

The South was merely overrun by invaders and beaten into submission by superior numbers. We stand as an occupied nation today.

Deo Vindice.

Back OT: If a mountain howitzer or field gun of Tredegar origin was to be selected as the "official" gun of the Commonwealth I would also support that choice.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Back OT: If a mountain howitzer or field gun of Tredegar origin was to be selected as the "official" gun of the Commonwealth I would also support that choice.

........................Hmmmm, I could go along with that!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by wylde007

........................Hmmmm, I could go along with that!

:banana:.....:lol: