Thread: saw a felony stop/arrest for GATTOP

saw a felony stop/arrest for GATTOP

So I was on my way to the range on the 25th as I approach the stop light at fraily and s main street I see a marked high point pd car with lights and siren coming up quick in the middle turning lane so I stop and he flies through a red light . shortly thereafter I see him pull in front of me and block off our 2 lanes of traffic, he jumps out and grabs his ar 15 from his trunk and He runs over to a grassy area, kneels down aiming at what I then realized was a jeep Cherokee with 3 black males inside. There was also 2 officers behind the jeep both had their pistols aimed at the jeep and one had his k-9 also, I had my window cracked and I heard him tell someone that came outside of a business to “Get the f**k back inside” so I took that as my cue to leave so I pull around him car and continue my trip with a interesting story to tell. A few days pass without hearing anything about this on the news …so I get curious and do a little researching and low and behold 3 black males were charged with carrying concealed weapons. But 2 had a secondary charge of….”going armed to the terror of the people”. I thought that was interesting. my guess is that they were having some sort of confrontation with someone and they decided to brandish their guns. Here is some links to their mug shots and charges I have access to another city owned database that gives more info as in the address and time but I can’t post links because it requires a login

http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/gree...aniel-tremaine
    AR 201102716
    Carrying Concealed Weapon
    Woods, Daniel Tremaine (B /M/17)Arrest on chrg of Carrying Concealed Weapons (M), at 2628 S Main St, High Point, NC, on 1/25/2011. By Officer Hurt, J B

http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/gree...n-devante-shai
    AR 201102716
    Tyson, Devante Shai (B /M/17) Arrest on chrg of Carrying Concealed Weapons (M), at 2628 S Main St, High Point, NC, on 1/25/2011. By Officer Hurt, J B

http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/gree...rles-dondrerll
    AR 201102716
    Alston, Charles Dondrell (B /M/18) Arrest on chrg of Carrying Concealed Weapons (M), at 2628 S Main St, High Point, NC, on 1/25/2011. By Officer Hurt, J B

Interesting, I would have changed the title to arrest WITH GATTOP, I think the main charge is Carrying a Concealed Weapon (without a CHP).

Thanks for sharing.

F'ing Funny....I got caught up looking at all the mug shots in the "LookWhoGotBusted" web site.

Hilarious - Is it me or does it look like 90% of the folks in the mug shots got hit with the business end of an "ugly stick"?

Maybe even some of them were experimented on with thalidomide when they were younger? Geeez
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Here's the thing--it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to charge someone with GAttTotP if they were carrying concealed--because how could the "Public" be "terrified" if they can't see your gun?!?!?

Unless they actually TOLD people they were carrying, and were specifically carrying to go mess with someone, there is NO possible way this charge can stick if they have a decent lawyer...

The Judicial System in NC is a joke...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Here's the thing--it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to charge someone with GAttTotP if they were carrying concealed--because how could the "Public" be "terrified" if they can't see your gun?!?!?

Unless they actually TOLD people they were carrying, and were specifically carrying to go mess with someone, there is NO possible way this charge can stick if they have a decent lawyer...

"Impossible" is pretty strong given the lack of details. I don't see the information that leads you to believe that he was charged with GATTOP BECAUSE of the concealed carry. Or that the concealed weapon was a gun. If they are sequential it's easy; first I'm illegally carrying my gun concealed, then I pull it to brandish it at whoever I'm trying to intimidate. If I actually point it at them it is also Assault by Pointing a Gun, and if I pull the trigger...well, you get the idea. Even simultaneously, if I'm waving my gun around and have a second one, or a different weapon, hidden on me I've committed both offenses.
    Postings in the Forums, Message Boards, and Guides are for educational and information purposes only. They are not legal advice or legal opinions. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship.

actually if you have a firearm illegally concealed then pull it and wave it about in a threatening manner then re-concealed it then you have committed both

no need to have 2 weapons the crimes could be charged as something that happened in sequence
    GO PIRATES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edrolee View Post
    actually if you have a firearm illegally concealed then pull it and wave it about in a threatening manner then re-concealed it then you have committed both

no need to have 2 weapons the crimes could be charged as something that happened in sequence

Quote Originally Posted by .275Rigby View Post
    "Impossible" is pretty strong given the lack of details. I don't see the information that leads you to believe that he was charged with GATTOP BECAUSE of the concealed carry. Or that the concealed weapon was a gun. If they are sequential it's easy; first I'm illegally carrying my gun concealed, then I pull it to brandish it at whoever I'm trying to intimidate. If I actually point it at them it is also Assault by Pointing a Gun, and if I pull the trigger...well, you get the idea. Even simultaneously, if I'm waving my gun around and have a second one, or a different weapon, hidden on me I've committed both offenses.
    Right you are!
    Postings in the Forums, Message Boards, and Guides are for educational and information purposes only. They are not legal advice or legal opinions. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

They might have exposed the gun to someone or had it in their hand and then left the scene in the vehicle. The person who was "terrorized" called the police.

just found out more info about this. come to find out my fiance works with one of their grandmothers and these dumb asses were in the parking lot of walmart flashing their spray painted bb guns trying to look like some "gangstas". somebody got scared and called the cops. all i can say is i am glad that citizen with a real gun didn't see them ..... it could have turned out alot different.

Al Sharpton will be down next week screaming that the cop that stopped them was "raysiss".
    "But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
    -John Adams