• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

saw a felony stop/arrest for GATTOP

jeremy002

So I was on my way to the range on the 25th as I approach the stop light at fraily and s main street I see a marked high point pd car with lights and siren coming up quick in the middle turning lane so I stop and he flies through a red light . shortly thereafter I see him pull in front of me and block off our 2 lanes of traffic, he jumps out and grabs his ar 15 from his trunk and He runs over to a grassy area, kneels down aiming at what I then realized was a jeep Cherokee with 3 black males inside. There was also 2 officers behind the jeep both had their pistols aimed at the jeep and one had his k-9 also, I had my window cracked and I heard him tell someone that came outside of a business to “Get the f**k back inside” so I took that as my cue to leave so I pull around him car and continue my trip with a interesting story to tell. A few days pass without hearing anything about this on the news …so I get curious and do a little researching and low and behold 3 black males were charged with carrying concealed weapons. But 2 had a secondary charge of….”going armed to the terror of the people”. I thought that was interesting. my guess is that they were having some sort of confrontation with someone and they decided to brandish their guns.:banghead: Here is some links to their mug shots and charges I have access to another city owned database that gives more info as in the address and time but I can’t post links because it requires a login

http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/greensboro-nc/woods-daniel-tremaine
AR 201102716
Carrying Concealed Weapon
Woods, Daniel Tremaine (B /M/17)Arrest on chrg of Carrying Concealed Weapons (M), at 2628 S Main St, High Point, NC, on 1/25/2011. By Officer Hurt, J B

http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/greensboro-nc/tyson-devante-shai
AR 201102716
Tyson, Devante Shai (B /M/17) Arrest on chrg of Carrying Concealed Weapons (M), at 2628 S Main St, High Point, NC, on 1/25/2011. By Officer Hurt, J B

http://www.lookwhogotbusted.com/greensboro-nc/alston-charles-dondrerll
AR 201102716
Alston, Charles Dondrell (B /M/18) Arrest on chrg of Carrying Concealed Weapons (M), at 2628 S Main St, High Point, NC, on 1/25/2011. By Officer Hurt, J B

REDFIVE48

Interesting, I would have changed the title to arrest WITH GATTOP, I think the main charge is Carrying a Concealed Weapon (without a CHP).

Thanks for sharing.

Northerner

F'ing Funny....I got caught up looking at all the mug shots in the "LookWhoGotBusted" web site. :D

Hilarious - Is it me or does it look like 90% of the folks in the mug shots got hit with the business end of an "ugly stick"? :monkey

Maybe even some of them were experimented on with thalidomide when they were younger? Geeez

Dreamer

Here's the thing--it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to charge someone with GAttTotP if they were carrying concealed--because how could the "Public" be "terrified" if they can't see your gun?!?!?

Unless they actually TOLD people they were carrying, and were specifically carrying to go mess with someone, there is NO possible way this charge can stick if they have a decent lawyer...

The Judicial System in NC is a joke...

.275Rigby

Here's the thing--it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to charge someone with GAttTotP if they were carrying concealed--because how could the "Public" be "terrified" if they can't see your gun?!?!?

Unless they actually TOLD people they were carrying, and were specifically carrying to go mess with someone, there is NO possible way this charge can stick if they have a decent lawyer...

"Impossible" is pretty strong given the lack of details. I don't see the information that leads you to believe that he was charged with GATTOP BECAUSE of the concealed carry. Or that the concealed weapon was a gun. If they are sequential it's easy; first I'm illegally carrying my gun concealed, then I pull it to brandish it at whoever I'm trying to intimidate. If I actually point it at them it is also Assault by Pointing a Gun, and if I pull the trigger...well, you get the idea. Even simultaneously, if I'm waving my gun around and have a second one, or a different weapon, hidden on me I've committed both offenses.

edrolee

actually if you have a firearm illegally concealed then pull it and wave it about in a threatening manner then re-concealed it then you have committed both

no need to have 2 weapons the crimes could be charged as something that happened in sequence

.275Rigby

actually if you have a firearm illegally concealed then pull it and wave it about in a threatening manner then re-concealed it then you have committed both

no need to have 2 weapons the crimes could be charged as something that happened in sequence

"Impossible" is pretty strong given the lack of details. I don't see the information that leads you to believe that he was charged with GATTOP BECAUSE of the concealed carry. Or that the concealed weapon was a gun. If they are sequential it's easy; first I'm illegally carrying my gun concealed, then I pull it to brandish it at whoever I'm trying to intimidate. If I actually point it at them it is also Assault by Pointing a Gun, and if I pull the trigger...well, you get the idea. Even simultaneously, if I'm waving my gun around and have a second one, or a different weapon, hidden on me I've committed both offenses.

Right you are!

Anthony_I_Am

They might have exposed the gun to someone or had it in their hand and then left the scene in the vehicle. The person who was "terrorized" called the police.

jeremy002

just found out more info about this. come to find out my fiance works with one of their grandmothers and these dumb asses were in the parking lot of walmart flashing their spray painted bb guns trying to look like some "gangstas". somebody got scared and called the cops. all i can say is i am glad that citizen with a real gun didn't see them ..... it could have turned out alot different.