• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help finding the Milwaukee gun free school zone map

Max

Hello everybody. I cannot seem to find the Milwaukee gun free school zone map that was posted on this board. I am meeting with my state reps. and would love to able to show them that map so they can see how restrictive that law is in regards to carrying a firearm. If anyone can lead me to it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Max

Last edited:

AaronS

Sorry Max,

See if I had a copy of said map, I would then know of all the schools in the city, and thuss would be breaking the law, day-to-day. Do me a favor, if you do get this map, please do not post it. I don't want to know.

Golden Eagle

AaronS DON"T LOOK!

Hello everybody. I cannot seem to find the Milwaukee gun free school zone map that was posted on this board. I am meeting with my state reps. and would love to able to show them that map so they can see how restrictive that law is in regards to carrying a firearm. If anyone can lead me to it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Max
I copied this awhile ago I hope it's enough. The link I got it from is gone.

PFZs.JPG

Last edited:

AaronS

Sorry Golden Eagle, but as soon as I saw what you just did, I had to put you on my ignore list, so I can not see your posts at all now.
The last thing I want is for LEO to use this forum against me. :banghead:

Sorry again.

Max

Thanks loads Golden. This is enough to drive home my point. Aaron fear not for this map is not detailed enough to harm you. I can't even read the street names. Thanks again Golden I really need this.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Maybe I can explain Aaron's point a little to help a few understand better.

The GFSZ statute reads that one must "Knowingly enter a school Zone" to be in violation of the law.
So, it would make it seem that ignorance of the law is a valid defense with the GFSZ restrictions.

rcav8r

Although it won't be much of a defense in a town you grew up in and went to school in. Thats the disadvantage for smaller communities.

MKEgal

If I wanted to find a map like that I would google ["milwaukee police department" school zone map].

I think I saw something that looks awfully similar to what you're looking for available at Icarry.org
http://www.icarry.org/downloads-cat2.html
Not that I've read it, of course... :rolleyes:
As Harold pointed out, that could lead to me being charged with a felony for stumbling into one of the unmarked defense-free crime zones.

Read 948.605(2) on pg. 12 here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/Stat0948.pdf
"...at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone..."

Ignorance is actually a defense.

Last edited:

Max

Ignorance was a key factor in getting the statute enacted, it is only fitting that ignorance is a defense for violating it.

JohnWashburn