• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Plans Separate Gun-Control Speech

detroit_fan

And some of you fell for that crap about him not being anti-2A

snip

The announcement of Obama’s speech came as Democrats in the House and the Senate introduced legislation that would ban the possession or sale of high-capacity magazines.

snip

But in the next two weeks, the White House will unveil a new gun-control effort in which it will urge Congress to strengthen current laws, which now allow some mentally unstable people, such as alleged Arizona shooter Jared Loughner, to obtain certain assault weapons, in some cases without even a background check.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/ChrisMatthews-Obama-guncontrol/2011/01/26/id/383940

http://slatest.slate.com/id/2282748/

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/27/white-house-to-push-gun-control.html

Michigander

There is room to be argued both ways about whether or not we need better controls on mentally unstable people. I won't take a side on it.

The problem is any new regulation at the federal level on private sales, or on magazines and cosmetic parts. Not only will it not work, it will piss people off and yet again make a huge paradigm shift, again letting the republicans take over, continuing the vicious cycle of political stupidity across the country.

When I was younger it would have bothered me more. Now that Arizona and all those other states have voided most federal gun laws, it has become particularly difficult for me to take this junk seriously. It is funny though, just how oblivious every news agency seems to be to the firearms freedom acts when reporting on the Tucson shooting and attempts at gun grabbing that could come as a response.

Haman J.T.

In the Illinois senate,Obama voted against the "Haley Demar Law",which allowed people to have guns in their home for defense, after Mr Demar used a gun to defend himself and his kids in the middle of the night ,when a man who had broken into his house 24 hours prior,did so again.The law was passed,the Govenor vetoed it,Obama voted no again when the Govenors veto was overriden.
It was just a matter of time when the anti-gunners would try again.They've been doing so for 40 years!