• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

White House to Push Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

protect our rights

I think think of dozens of countries I'd rather live than Russia! Warmer ones. With beaches.

Yeah I was being sarcastic. I would rather live in the mountains somewhere.

I don't care one iota about race, religion, sex, creed, etc.

Neither do I, except when the race of someone gets millions of people to the polls to vote for another minority when know nothing of this man. Half of the minorities that were questioned were tricked and asked how they felt about "Obama's" plans on changing America. were ALL for them. Funny thing was they were actually McCain's views.

I am of the opinion that honesty, integrity and true belief in the Constitution and the ability to "get it done" are more important than any of the above, the least of which is my view of their of social graces.

Completely agree with you. Anyone who has these values can't be too bad in my book.

Last edited:

Kirbinator

The part that amazes me is that we've got another Clinton in an office and Bill Clinton's second term has been been recreated: Republican-controlled Congress and Democrats in the White House.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
With Hillary you knew what to expect - total disarmament.

With O_mama, he says he didn't do anything, then runs off to appoint another Czar. :cuss:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
With Hillary you knew what to expect - total disarmament.

With O_mama, he says he didn't do anything, then runs off to appoint another Czar. :cuss:

And this should be clear to anyone who claims Blowbama hasn't done anything to stifle the 2A. He just appoints a new Czar to do his bidding, or pressures the current one....

Anyone who doubts the ATF's latests shenanigans aren't his bidding, is a moron.

My Mossberg Persuader isn't a shotgun anymore, and I'm a Felon for owning it? My Shoestrings are machine guns? Force people to sell guns illegally, then act surprised and report that the guns were sold illegally... Not that the law is anything to be proud of, but it is their job...

Pretend Obama didn't have his hand in it? Only a fool would support that notion. Just because it hasn't come across his teleprompter yet, doesn't mean he hasn't done it.

buster81

President Obama: We must seek agreement on gun reforms

It's been more than two months since the tragedy in Tucson stunned the nation. It was a moment when we came together as one people to mourn and to pray for those we lost. And in the attack's turbulent wake, Americans by and large rightly refrained from finger-pointing, assigning blame or playing politics with other people's pain.

Refrained from finger-pointing, assigning blame and playing politics... except for the gun grabbing politicians and the brady bunch that is.

http://azstarnet.com/news/opinion/m...8-8951-5206-a878-39bfbc9dc89d.html?mode=story

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's been more than two months since the tragedy in Tucson stunned the nation. It was a moment when we came together as one people to mourn and to pray for those we lost. And in the attack's turbulent wake, Americans by and large rightly refrained from finger-pointing, assigning blame or playing politics with other people's pain.
Refrained from finger-pointing, assigning blame and playing politics... except for the gun grabbing politicians and the brady bunch that is.

http://azstarnet.com/news/opinion/m...8-8951-5206-a878-39bfbc9dc89d.html?mode=story

I yes the "common sense" approach - except that this article lacks common sense.

Keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Never happen , Charlie.

Repeat after me, "Guns are NOT the problem - bad people are." Now repeat again .... and again.

buster81

I yes the "common sense" approach - except that this article lacks common sense.

Keep guns out of the hands of criminals? Never happen , Charlie.

Repeat after me, "Guns are NOT the problem - bad people are." Now repeat again .... and again.

I guess "common sense" isn't a requirement to sit in the white house, or write op-ed pieces.

Last edited:

beebobby

"The fact is, almost all gun owners in America are highly responsible. They're our friends and neighbors. They buy their guns legally and use them safely, whether for hunting or target shooting, collection or protection. And that's something that gun-safety advocates need to accept."

Sounds like he has been listening to the responsible gun owners.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I am of the opinion that honesty, integrity and true belief in the Constitution and the ability to "get it done" are more important than any of the above...

Well, certainly, but I thought these were givens. Apparently not.

Anyone who doubts the ATF's latests shenanigans aren't his bidding, is a moron.

Pretend Obama didn't have his hand in it? Only a fool would support that notion. Just because it hasn't come across his teleprompter yet, doesn't mean he hasn't done it.

Most people here realize his recent appointee to the BATF is his pitbull, and his way to pull anti-gun strings without getting his hands dirty, just as Hillary is working with the U.N. to make the handgun ban a reality.

And for those of you who keep saying our Constitution will protect us against a U.N. handgun ban, just how well has it protected us against the actions of many states to restrict handgun ownership and carrying over the last few years. When the White House starts pushing for gun control, and it has, even through only through anti-gun flunkies, our rights WILL suffer unless we stop saying "pshaw, yeah, right..." and DO something, like flood your Sentators and Representatives will letters explaining how you will do whatever it takes to ensure they're not reelected UNLESS they start shooting straight with respect to our Constitution's Second Amendment.

Deek

this seems to be obama's M.O. on many things,.... appoint some yahoo to be in charge of a department or the latest problem du jour and when it all " hits the fan", he's got an alibi AND a scapegoat. Appoint a anti gun "czar" and he can say "It wasnt me.... it was the czar" as if that insulates him from it all.

since9

Campaign Veteran
this seems to be obama's M.O. on many things,.... appoint some yahoo to be in charge of a department or the latest problem du jour and when it all " hits the fan", he's got an alibi AND a scapegoat. Appoint a anti gun "czar" and he can say "It wasnt me.... it was the czar" as if that insulates him from it all.

It's called "teflon coating." Common political tactic. Obama does it better than most.

Too much, though, and the voters aren't stupid. Trust goes down. Ratings go down. Obama's ratings aren't exactly the best.

Beretta92FSLady

Where are the folks on here who insisted that President Obama hadn't done anything to restrict guns during his administration. The rest of us, looking at his history, said it was just a matter of time.

Not to put to childish a point on it, but...

We were right. and you were wrong, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah.

Sometimes is stinks to be right.

I am here...sorry I am late to this party.

Yes, I insisted and still insist that he has not done anything to restrict firearms. Apparently he is targeting the so-called "gun show loophole" which we all know is a feel-good law that will do nothing. Also, the other item he is looking to do is get the states to report to the Fed's what they should be doing in the first place.

Good grief, yea, you were right, he was going to do some thing. He surely isn't coming into our homes to take our firearms away like so many pro-firearm right-wingers have been fear-mongering about the last two years.

Nothing to see here people. President Obama is not going to grab your guns *shivers*

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

The next presidential canidate would have to be a serial killer to not get my vote, then I STILL wouldn't vote for obama, I'd just move to Russia. I think even the minorities will stay at home come voting time. They should prolly actually LEARN about the canidates before voting.

Move to Russia then. Quit sucking up all of our precious American air, and go spend the last of your days hanging out with your commie buddies in Russia (BTW, I don't give a crap what anyone says about Russia, they are a bunch of commies over there).

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I can understand how the weak minded may have voted for him. But now? There's just no excuse for being stupid enough to keep supporting this bastard. Even the Mentally Retarded can figure this guy out.

1 + 1 != 11

It's like explaining fiscal policy to a monkey. Juxtaposing two numbers is not addition. People with IQs around room temperature can still add....

protect our rights

Move to Russia then. Quit sucking up all of our precious American air, and go spend the last of your days hanging out with your commie buddies in Russia (BTW, I don't give a crap what anyone says about Russia, they are a bunch of commies over there).

You my friend, shouldn't even be at this party. You obviously have an infatuation with Mr. Obama. I think you need to do some research, there is a lot more going on behind the scenes then some ignorant eyes see. Oh and by the way he DOES support going door to door pushing through and taking our guns. Knowledge is power and right now your looking weak! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.