• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baltimore homicides down!

Dreamer

After starting off the year with a flurry of homicides--racking up 12 in the first 10 days of 2011, the homicides seem to have tapered off a bit. As of today, there have been 15 homicides in Baltimore. so instead of 1+ homicides per day (the rate during the first week of the year) Baltiore is down to almost 1 homicide every 2 days now, statistically...

Way to go, Baltimore!

At this rate, you should only have about 120 homicides in 2011. Now THAT is something to be proud of... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

MK

When they count homicides is it the number of murders or the broader defiition of the killing of one human being by another even if it wasn't officially labeled as a crime? For instance, are those two deaths from that night club shooting where an officer and a patron were both gunned down by the Baltimore PD counted in the homicide count?

Just curious if you know.

I used to live in Montgomery County Maryland as a child and have worked there two seperate periods after college. I also have family and friends in the state and visit one or two times a year.