• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Stop in Livermore III Part 2

steele

This is Part 2.

For the Record: After the 12031 e-search and seizure, the open carrier was told by coffee shop employees that there were no issues and he was welcome to remain on the property.

"I cannot accept the notion that a police state is the price we must pay to live in a free society."

Follow the link to see the Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUIxrfKPZX4

Last edited:

usamarshal

Loved it....would watch again...not sure why it took three officers in a coffee shop to check the mag and chamber...haha...I loved the fat dude with the helmet...that was classic...:banana:

markm

Good Job!

I liked the part when told the cop that LEO does not have a responsibility to protect individuals and that you were filling the void for yourself.

Great job at explaining the difference between an ordinance and a Constitutional right.

markm

coolusername2007

Wow, that was a pretty respectful tongue lashing he gave them. Excellent job teaching them the actual "rules" they are to play by, not whatever they believe, think, or want. Clearly his "appreciation" has not yet acheived a higher level of "understanding, acknowledgement, and adherence to the Constitution."

Next time carry some Oathkeeper material with you especially for him.

Firemark

Please note that the officers used classic verbal judo statements to defer and deflect and attempt to descalate.

Tactical notes, try not to ask questions testing their knowledge, this will be met by very general statments to deflect. They have been trained to not engage in discussion or arguments over any contentious points, it makes them seem weak.
Words like - I can appreciate that, I understand, we can talk about that for awhile, we dont want to make it a big deal, we are not in a hurry, I do respect your rights but I have a job to do.

Good points for all, keep talking and dont let them alter the course of the discussion, dont let them use verbal judo moves on you. And above all dont be rude or use profanity, be smarter and more resolved, in fact call them out on their use of verbal judo and that it wont work on you. This takes away from them a powerful tool to control the encounter.

XD5

Absolutely awesome. Have watched multiple times and forwarded to non-oc and OC friends alike! Keep up the good work.