Thread: More idiocy from the Brady bunch

More idiocy from the Brady bunch

From an email they sent (dunno how I got on their list, but it makes for both humorous & discouraging / frightening reading):
    Now is the time for our elected officials to pass legislation that will help protect us from another mass shooting. Congress will do the right thing if we apply the right amount of pressure.
    At least the second sentence is correct.
    How can supposedly educated people still think that laws will prevent crime?
    If laws prevented crime, there wouldn't have to be punishments for breaking laws!

The message was supposedly written by one of the VA Tech survivors, who is now rabidly anti-gun (instead of being anti-criminal, or pro-self-defense).
    I know all too well the consequences of our weak laws. The Virginia Tech shooting, and thousands of others might have been prevented if our laws had made it harder for dangerous people to get weapons.

See above, about laws not preventing crime.
    Self-defense, OTOH... Maybe Cho wouldn't have committed mass murder if he knew students & staff could fight back. Maybe he would still have tried, & maybe killed a couple people. But he would have been stopped a lot sooner.

And then there's this gem from a sign company (www.seton.com):
    Keep your workplace safe by posting gun prohibition security signs
    Where's that YouTube video that shows a robber coming into a store with a gun, then stopping & walking away with his head hung low when he sees the "no guns" sign?

I want to see one that says something like "lawful carry of firearms encouraged in this facility".
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

Where's that YouTube video that shows a robber coming into a store with a gun, then stopping & walking away with his head hung low when he sees the "no guns" sign?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

UglyGun, thank you. Just what I was thinking of.
    Dreamer, that's hilarious!! I've saved a copy.

Maybe this thread could turn into a "comic commentary" on GFZs?

I like this one, too.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.