• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo

Gosh, I'd love to stay up and play ... but I need my beauty rest so I can get up refreshed and pull my jack-boots on for third watch tomorrow ...

robp

well alittle of topic but im thankfull we have police thankless job in most cases and like all other jobs people are people you get good honerable people and some head cases . in and yes i owe my familys well being to some good members of tpd who helped use once . but police are reactionary you call they respond it is the individual who a crime is being comited aganst who will be the first . so personal defence is the first line but it sould work with law enforcment. i know many cops who know people should carry for defance and also was stoped by a police and asked if i was carrying i said yes he sad good its not a good idea to be here if your not

Deanimator

This is it for me. I thought I was joining a constructive forum. But I was wrong. After tonight I won't visit anymore. Too many happier places I could be. Too many narrow minds. I have printed all of my dialog though. I'm curious how the forums advertisers are going to react when they see all the anti-LE on the site that they pay to advertise on. Now I'm going to take it as a personal attack, and attack back. Twelve times I've been told " I hate the Police ", and the moderators let it go. I doubt the advertisers agree with that anti-LE sentiment. But we will see. I can be pretty persuasive.
Well, before you go, could you please answer my question about just how long Jon Burge managed to be the Klaus Barbie of the Chicago PD?

This is what, the third time I've asked you?

If bad cops disappear as quickly as you claim, you should be very happy with the answer.

Of course I've seen quite a few Chicago cops claim that running the Chicago PD's torture chamber didn't make Burge a "bad" cop AT ALL.

If you change your mind and stick around, maybe we can discuss how a LOT of "good" cops could NOT know about what Burge and OTHERS were doing. Of course you have to wonder how the then State's Attorney DIDN'T know that he was using statements and confessions obtained under torture, and not that sissy Abu Ghraib/Guantanamo "torture", but real Klaus Barbie/"Butcher of Lyon" TORTURE.

Of course you have to wonder too, how the "good" cops didn't know that a home invasion, burglary and kidnapping ring was operating INSIDE of the most "elite" unit in the Chicago PD for YEARS. Strangely, they sat up and took notice when another COP got robbed... just not enough "notice" to actually DO anything. THAT took the Feds.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

well alittle of topic but im thankfull we have police thankless job in most cases and like all other jobs people are people you get good honerable people and some head cases .

This is not accurate. A =Sheriff= is what you want - an elected official who is responsive to their constituency, NOT a hired, essentially private, armed gang of thugs which is what the =police= are, who answer NOT to the people but to a hierarchy of other elected officials.

Also, beware of calling the cops, because they will try to investigate the complainant (you), not the crime. Most of the time, ime, they have no interest in investigating anything and are not responsive, timely or accountable.

Badger Johnson

Here it comes Bo....You asked for it, get ready! Put your vest on...your going to need it.
It's your turn. I'm going coyote hunting now...you all have a great time beating up Bo.

First, what's a vest going to do to help against verbal comments? Second, it's 'you're going to need it' a contraction of you + are. Wouldn't want to set a bad example for the 'brothers', lol.

HTH

Claytron

1st Amendment reads:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Did Congress edit the post? No. That is such a phony an off base argument, it really gets old.

No congress did not edit the post, a moderator of a forum about open carrying did. A forum where people get together and have many, MANY discussions, not just about bearing arms, but about our rights in general. Almost everyone who attends this forum believes strongly in ALL of our rights and i just have to think twice before agreeing with the ACTIONS of moderating a non-abusive post simply because the moderator doesnt like it, REGARDLESS of his right to moderate it.

Did i say i had the right to say whatever i want even though its a private forum? No so i dont see how THAT phony argument is even brought up. My main point is: When posts like "cops arent all that great" are getting moderated as cop bashing, but posts like "ALL YOU DISGUSTING GAY FLAMERS ARE GOING TO HELL" are left absolutely untouched, its not hard to comprehend how favoritism is taking place.

But this ir a privately owned forum so not only does that mean our rights dont exist, but in your mind it also means they do not matter. Lovely...

Its very easy for some people to disregards someones human rights even though they themselves "fight" constantly for their own.

waapl01

No congress did not edit the post, a moderator of a forum about open carrying did. A forum where people get together and have many, MANY discussions, not just about bearing arms, but about our rights in general. Almost everyone who attends this forum believes strongly in ALL of our rights and i just have to think twice before agreeing with the ACTIONS of moderating a non-abusive post simply because the moderator doesnt like it, REGARDLESS of his right to moderate it.

Did i say i had the right to say whatever i want even though its a private forum? No so i dont see how THAT phony argument is even brought up. My main point is: When posts like "cops arent all that great" are getting moderated as cop bashing, but posts like "ALL YOU DISGUSTING GAY FLAMERS ARE GOING TO HELL" are left absolutely untouched, its not hard to comprehend how favoritism is taking place.

But this ir a privately owned forum so not only does that mean our rights dont exist, but in your mind it also means they do not matter. Lovely...

Its very easy for some people to disregards someones human rights even though they themselves "fight" constantly for their own.

Getting pretty hot and heavy on here!!!!

Ruby

This is it for me. I thought I was joining a constructive forum. But I was wrong. After tonight I won't visit anymore. Too many happier places I could be. Too many narrow minds. I have printed all of my dialog though. I'm curious how the forums advertisers are going to react when they see all the anti-LE on the site that they pay to advertise on. Now I'm going to take it as a personal attack, and attack back. Twelve times I've been told " I hate the Police ", and the moderators let it go. I doubt the advertisers agree with that anti-LE sentiment. But we will see. I can be pretty persuasive.

So, now that you can't change some people's minds, you're going to pick up your marbles and go home. And you've decided to take it as a personal attack, which it is not. The posters on this thread have given reasons why they dislike LEOs in general, or have talked about specific negative encounters; I haven't seen any attacks directed at you, personally. They have asked you to explain certain attitudes, which you have failed to do. Your attitude and now a THREAT to cause some kind of harm to this forum is reprehensible! By making that threat, you have just confirmed everything these posters have said. Just another form of force. When you can't get your way, you use force. So you've been told "I hate the police." So what? The person who said that is entitled to their opinion, as are you. It's not cop bashing, it's just an opinion. I have asked you how you manage to do your job and enforce laws you disagree with and maintain any integrity. I'm still waiting for an answer.

You said you had a tough skin; I think not. You personally have not been attacked. What has been attacked is what you represent and defend.

tombrewster421

You hit the nail on the head. But I post on a few forums, on a couple different subjects, and I find them all enjoyable. This is not enjoyable. It's like everyone's chance to finally kick a cop, and there are too many feet here. I feel like I have to put on my TAC gear to sit down and type. All I do is dodge bullets. Sooner or later I'm going to get hit. But thanks for reaching out.

You do realize that you just picked the wrong thread to post on right. There are much less controversial threads that you might actually enjoy the conversation. I certainly don't hate all cops and my only issue with them is when they violate my rights. I will simply be aware and cautious. I you do go ahead and try to discourage the advertisers from using this site, you would definately fit the definition of a troll. Please don't do that and stick around. After you have shared more about yourself with us it seems that maybe some of your posts were just worded poorly because you didn't know how your audience would react.

sudden valley gunner

Well, you know ... they'll go on:
1- wishing they had a job where they got up in the morning and looked forward to going to work, knowing that every shift could bring a different adventure ...
2- wishing they could look in the mirror after getting dressed for work, feeling as though they were part of a team, proud of their attire ...
3- wishing they had a job where they knew that their co-workers had their back, enjoying cameraderie and the knowledge that they worked for a greater good ..
4- wishing they had a job where there were moments of danger, of saving lives, of taking down truly bad people ...
5- wishing that they could feel that they actually made a difference in their community, rather than just toiling away trying to earn some bucks to pay the rent and whittle away at the bills ...

All this on the back of tax payers.

Let's break this down....

1 I build houses, everyday is different so first part, fail.......most people who work in the private sector have days that change, so are you out looking for "adventure", this might be part of the problem with all these aggressive LEO's we have and why the FBI is investigating Seattle.

2 I look in the mirror and am proud that I contribute to society and don't live off of it, can drive around the state and point to things I have constructed with my own hands.
I don't need to dress in a fancy costume to feel good about myself. I also have learned not to judge people by the clothes they wear but by the 'content of their character'.

3 This is part of the problem when you commit something wrong your co-workers, union and government leaders have your back. When I mess up at work I pay for it, it teaches me not to mess up.

4 Your job is not that dangerous more people die in my line of work than yours, I also am a certified diver, surfer, ride motorcycle, and used to cliff climb, being an active beach goer for years, I have risked my life on several occasions to save others in danger. So have most avid surfers, where's our hero status? ( sarcasm)

5 Us tolling away in our lives is what makes a difference since that is society, and the fringe benefit is you get a job from those that you have shown disdain for. In these typical comments from gov. workers.

Bo you have consistently attacked those disagree with your LEO "copafillia" viewpoint. Citizen has raised good points, instead of addressing those points, you attack them as confrontational, wrongfully point them out as attacks, and then try the political tactic of "well he ain't from around here". If you do this in your "encounters" with the public yes I would not trust you either.

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

My answers to your perfectly stated questions.

I did not state any questions.

1- You assume that I don't agree with open carry. I prey for open carry in NYS every day.

I did not assume that you do not agree with open carry.

2- I too am ex military and I do understand most of it. But some of it is obviously personal.

Then being a prior soldier/marine/sailor/airman, you realize the concept of an "unlawful order". An unlawful order is many things, but certainly that which violates our Constitution, regardless laws passed in its face.

It is not unreasonable that the same citizenry you blame for erroneous laws, also request you uphold your oath by not treading upon the US Constitution in the name of employment.

3- I blame the voters for the poor gun laws. We elect people that don't hold our values and then get mad when they adopt law that we don't agree with. I don't make the law.

Take a peek at the current legislative process.

There is not much "voter discretion" being exercised there. Primarily because it is becoming ineffective.

I agree partially with what you are saying for sure, but the "blame" does not lay solely with the voters.

LEO does in fact swear an oath to the Constitution, and in as much, should be required to hold to said oath.

amlevin

A =Sheriff= is what you want - an elected official who is responsive to their constituency,

In theory, yes. In reality, they are responsive most to those that can get them reelected which means those interests in the community that can provide the money for an election campaign. That group often doesn't reflect the needs and desires of the community. In essence, the Sheriff is a "hired hand" as well.

Deanimator

Bo you have consistently attacked those disagree with your LEO "copafillia" viewpoint. Citizen has raised good points, instead of addressing those points, you attack them as confrontational, wrongfully point them out as attacks, and then try the political tactic of "well he ain't from around here". If you do this in your "encounters" with the public yes I would not trust you either.
And I'm still waiting for one or the other of them to tell me how long Jon Burge was a cop, and how long Alvin Weems has been a cop.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: LEO Bashing / inappropriate

Names, dates, places and body counts are something they can't dismiss... at least without looking like liars and fools. Then they have to attack the messenger, often in racial terms if they can. A BIG percentage of the support for the Chicago PD on newspaper comment boards in the Weams/Pleasance case was that NO Black person was worth the amount of money awarded. It was surreal to see SUPPORTERS of the police declare that BOTH Officer Weems AND Michael Pleasance were worthless because of their race. It must be a tough needle to thread when you believe that the cops are always right AND that Black people are always wrong, even when they're cops!

sudden valley gunner

You know what I find amusing? A thread titled LEO Issues and then LEO getting upset with the issues?

Just in case those haven't read it before "testilying" is a major problem in the U.S. it is also a crime a felony to boot. Yet the blindly supportive of LEO have dismissed this troubling fact every time I bring it up.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/181241.pdf

I would like to thank those LEO on these forums, many have been mentioned, that have admitted this, I think they are the ones that stick around because they can handle the criticism without making it a personal issue.

Also we have seen from the standpoint of some LEO they are willing to break the constitutional oath they take, to follow orders, and to feed their families, they won't stop and they won't quit their jobs. So that leaves it up to us, their bosses, to reform their status in our society and to limit, the size and reach and involvement they have in our lives. This won't be easy since they have a large union that fights hard against the will of the people every time we try this. But it needs to be done. I believe in limited government from the top down, but maybe we need to start locally and go bottom up.

Do we need some law enforcement? Yes definitely. Have they gone way beyond their constitutional bounds as it exists now? Yes definitely.

Why is it we have around 5% of the worlds population, but supposedly have 25% of the world's prisoners? And we are supposed to be the "free-est" society in the world? It is because "Law" enforcement has become an industry and it is out to protect, save, and grow itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.