• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bullets

mobodyguard

When you buy a gun, the gun store run ur name through NICS(National Instant Criminal Background Check), do you believe that they should do the same on bullets. EXPLAIN UR ANSWER

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Only after each and every lobbyist dollar is required to be logged by serial number, coming and going. And all legislators are required to initial each and every line of every bill--both ends of the line.

One unrecorded, unregistered monetary serial number = felony for everybody involved in the transaction. Any uninitialed or incompletely initialed legislative bill = presumptive resignation by the legislator if he votes on the bill.

Then, maybe, I'll think about being unopposed to checks for ammunition.

afcarry

Hell no. There are more guns in the U.S. than cars (228,000,000 guns and 207,754,000
automobiles). Yet you are 31 times more likely to be accidentally killed by a car than a
gun according to the National Safety Council. (Automobiles Estimates: Federal Highway Administration, October 1998. Firearm Estimates: FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1996.) Should we pass a law that requires us to pass a background check before we buy gas? Its the same thing, in effect. You are purchasing the prerequisite product or substance in order to make a potentially deadly object function.

Last edited:

MK

When you buy a gun, the gun store run ur name through NICS(National Instant Criminal Background Check), do you believe that they should do the same on bullets. EXPLAIN UR ANSWER

I don't see any valid need for it. What would be the point in this, just to waste money, money which will at worst be taken straight out of my pocket for every transaction or at best billed to me and everyone else through taxes?

My personal animosity for an ever present and growing big brother already being forced too far into my life, in my finances, in my body, in my mind, in my property and in my family life aside, its just a complete waste of time, money and bureaucracy.

Pretty much anything anymore that calls for more government control and influence into my private life I am opposed to. I've had enough of it and then some. I want to start seeing dramatic movements in the opposite direction as opposed to what we've become accustomed to in our past few generations. The camel's back has been broken a long time ago. Enough with the straw already.

HYRYSC

I think it would be a good idea!

This way we could solve the unemployment issue all by ourselves because the fedgov would have to at least quadruple the number of folks that process the background checks and since everything that the gubmint does is always much more efficient and effective, it could actually help bring down the cost of ammunition because of the additional efficiencies, you know, sort of like health care.

Gunslinger

well the reason i asked is because i believe we should cause when u buy a gun the nics check is to make sure that u have the right to own a gun meaning your not a felony or just someone that should not have a gun and i feel the same way about the bullets if criminals dont have bullets they cant kills ppl cause its not the good guys out here killing ppl its the bad guys so if we stop the bad guys from just walking into a gun store and buying hundreds of dollars of bullets and killing ppl things would be a little better

You're kidding, right? If bad guys can get guns unlawfully, they sure as hell can get ammunition.

BILL27GLOCK

Hell no. There are more guns in the U.S. than cars (228,000,000 guns and 207,754,000
automobiles). Yet you are 31 times more likely to be accidentally killed by a car than a
gun according to the National Safety Council. (Automobiles Estimates: Federal Highway Administration, October 1998. Firearm Estimates: FBI Uniform Crime Statistics, 1996.) Should we pass a law that requires us to pass a background check before we buy gas? Its the same thing, in effect. You are purchasing the prerequisite product or substance in order to make a potentially deadly object function, and its all a load of crap.

I have to go along with you totally on this one! Background check to buy ammo? Gimme a break!!

kylemoul

well the reason i asked is because i believe we should cause when u buy a gun the nics check is to make sure that u have the right to own a gun meaning your not a felony or just someone that should not have a gun and i feel the same way about the bullets if criminals dont have bullets they cant kills ppl cause its not the good guys out here killing ppl its the bad guys so if we stop the bad guys from just walking into a gun store and buying hundreds of dollars of bullets and killing ppl things would be a little better

punctuation?

goalseter88

if bad guys can get guns illegally. what makes you think that they wont be able to get bullets?

Sounds like a true blue anti gun statement to me.

The criminals now have guns in their possession despite the fact that there are literally thousands of gun control laws on the books. The criminal could get a big fat rats arse less what the laws are concerning guns. They will get ammo just like they get guns now.

If I am not sadly mistaken this same crappy idea just recently has been tried in CA by the antis and was found to be unconstitutional.

Last edited:

mobodyguard

Sounds like a true blue anti gun statement to me.

The criminals now have guns in their possession despite the fact that there are literally thousands of gun control laws on the books. The criminal could get a big fat rats arse less what the laws are concerning guns. They will get ammo just like they get guns now.

If I am not sadly mistaken this same crappy idea just recently has been tried in CA by the antis and was found to be unconstitutional.

it may sound like it but believe me im not

Richieg150

Hey that sounds like a really GREAT idea!If we can just keep criminals from buying bullets,we all will be safe.....unfortunately there are more people killed from knifes and blunt tramas than gunshot wounds.....SO....if we can just keep all knifes,baseball bats,and any other OBJECT capable of hitting someone from the hands of criminals we all will be safe.....
Hey I've got a better idea than that.....every time you buy gas,you need to blow into a breathalyizer,to prove you havent had anything to drink,if you fail you are immediately arrested,car empounded ect....,that way we can keep drunk drivers off the road and be safe while driving...........

Last edited:

Yes sir the 20,000+ gun control laws we now have on the books are doing such a great job keeping the criminals from getting guns we just need to throw another one out there to solve another non existing problem.

ChiangShih

I'd have to agree with the majority of individuals and say no to that idea as well. This is an interesting topic though. If anti-gun groups were to get together and push more for ammo regulation they would probably stand more of a chance. I mean think about it, the constitution says we have the right to bear (lol wut) arms, not the ammo for those arms. In fact, I cant think of any pro-gun law or con clause that specifically states any sort of protection for the ammunition. That said, I'd imagine it would be far easier to regulate.

That creates an interesting question though--If you had to choose would you want deregulation on firearms but more regulation on ammo or regulation on firearms and no regulation on ammo?

Personally if a choice had to be made I would choose deregulating the firearm but putting a regulation on the ammo. For instance, if they said we could now own fully auto weapons with the normal back ground checks but the popular machine and assault weapon ammo could now only be sold to people who pass an in store background check.

What if the background check was something that was put onto your drivers license, something the state provided and gave you a legal status like "non-felon" and presenting that is all it took to obtain the ammo for the now deregulated guns.

What do you guys think.

Last edited:

afcarry

I mean think about it, the constitution says we have the right to bare arms, not the ammo for those arms.

No, we have the right to Bear Arms not Bare Arms. Get it right, sir. But I think what your saying is true, if we could own auto weapons without hassle, and have to pass a check for ammo, I could take that trade, especially since some of us reload.

Last edited: