Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCSO detention - audio

PCSO detention - audio

I posted it here awhile ago. Didn't post the audio. Here it is. I started audio when the officer pulled up in front of me, blocking my path, and pulled out his gun and pointed it at me.

Mp3

I was as cooperative as can be, sucking it up a bit so the officers on scene didn't magically find a reason to arrest me (I was threatened with arrest, told my gun was going to be taken if I didn't register it, etc)

So... I can be arrested for open carrying, I HAVE TO carry concealed if I have a CPL otherwise I'll be arrested and my CPL will be revoked, I can't carry in a bank, I need to call the PD if I want to open carry 'around here', responsible gun ownership means registering your guns, it's my fault they came out there... etc.

I went into a store to buy something with a gun on without a badge or a uniform! OMG!

notice the attitude of the officers... 'I will play semantics all day long, and I will win'....

certain portions have been redacted to protect my (now former) workplace.

It's been awhile since this issue occurred. Should I file a complaint? Talk to Drew?
    Last edited by TechnoWeenie; 01-29-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added mp3

can you convert that file to an MP3 ? Its 193.72mb in WAV format and is taking forever due to the buffering/download....

Thanks for the audio and I commend you for your demeanor in the face of officers not knowing the law but still interjecting their personal or misguided views upon you.

I hope you followed up or will follow up with the Chief and or Mayor or Council on this issue.

After all it is their job to know the law.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    can you convert that file to an MP3 ? Its 193.72mb in WAV format and is taking forever due to the buffering/download....
    fixt

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post

It's been awhile since this issue occurred. Should I file a complaint? Talk to Drew?
    You have them on tape threatening you with false arrest if you continue to do something legal.

So yes and yes.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Somebody took a "flippant" officer to school.

Pushy cops?

I like (sarcasm) how they took it upon themselves to just pump you for information, phone numbers, what you do for a living your body weight, area code, etc., all illegal probing that if you declined to say you'd be arrested on false charges.

But that's nothing. I was detained, searched and frisked and temporarily restrained in a wrist-lock while riding a bicycle in a public park because someone phoned in a complaint that "someone" was going around corners too fast.

There was no speed limit in the park, and the officer, standing right in front of a 'bicycles yield' sign said "I didn't know you could ride a bike in here".

They were actually hiding in the parking lot waiting for someone to ride by on a bicycle so they could turn on their flashers.

So tell me the average cop isn't a thug who routinely lies and breaks the law detaining law-abiding citizens for no specific articulable facts. In fact, how did they know -I- was the one who rode too fast (I didn't)?

Jeez Parks, that a heck of a conversation. Well done presenting yourself!

How long has it been since the event happened? If it's been a while, I doubt anything will come of it (easy for them to say that there has been additional training since then etc).

Regardless, how the officers conducted themselves was a complete joke. On that principal alone I would share it with the heads of the PCSO and Commissioners.

Holy crap...

Parks...

When was this? Before or after Tom's incident?

These guys are so amazingly ignorant!

This department needs some serious education and a training bulletin.
    Live Free or Die!

Thanks for sharing TW. You are well educated on your rights and stood your ground. I agree with the others, this should be shared with department officials via a formal complaint.

Snarly
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    Thanks for sharing TW. You are well educated on your rights and stood your ground. I agree with the others, this should be shared with department officials via a formal complaint.

Snarly
    As well as in a timely manner. Don't think much would come of a complaint now if any significant time has passed (like more than 90 days). It is also possible that in the time that has passed the offending officer(s) have gone on to other jobs.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-28-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Definitely file a complaint, and please record you trying to do so, my guess is they will try to not let you. And yes find a lawyer, they violated your 4th and 5th amendment rights.

Was this before or after Brewster's? It doesn't matter a violation is a violation. Get your police reports, I am betting they will not match up to your recording. Probably have some boiler plate language about you not being "cooperative" etc.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Did someone kick your butt recently?...haha...This guy has no idea what the laws are. You should send this to the chief...haha

You went into a business with a holstered firearm in plain view?...haha...These guys just can't believe it....haha...next time I wouldn't apologize for anything man...definitely let the chief know.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    You went into a business with a holstered firearm in plain view?...haha...These guys just can't believe it....haha...next time I wouldn't apologize for anything man...definitely let the chief know.
    Yea I agree about the not apologizing you did nothing wrong. Plus I am determined not to "talk" to police or be "talked" to. They had no RAS, zip, nada, they violated your rights, they had no reason to run your gun, they outright admitted to detention and threatened you with further action if you continued your legal right. Hmmmmm coercion? Isn't that a felony?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Hmmmmm coercion? Isn't that a felony?
    No, just a Gross Misdemeanor.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Did I hear him call you a "commoner"? I guess he thinks he's your lord or something. It would have been funny to see how he would reply if you asked what RCW you would be in violation of for not concealing when you have a permit. You should definitely talk to Drew about this. Three cases I know of so far where PCSO's try to shove their opinion down others throats. Makes me want to leave Pierce County.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

TW, call me, this is three cases, and a definite pattern on the part of PCSO which is being condoned, maybe even encouraged, at the highest levels.

So... who wants to take a walk down a busy street in Pierce County when the weather gets a bit nicer?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    So... who wants to take a walk down a busy street in Pierce County when the weather gets a bit nicer?
    I was already thinking about that! I could use some of PCSO's money to buy a new firearm to OC! LOL!
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Let me know when.

Let me know when !!!
    Rather sooner that later, I will be gone for the most part of May... (Training)

I vote for a stroll south from Best Buy, stop for drinks at the 7 Eleven, and on to the PCSO substation (Meridian x 160th St). Yes, it is a long walk, but didn't someone mention losing weight?
    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

There is couple of Starbucks in the area as well, so a monthly coffee meet organized by somebody in the area may help also… There is any meet already in the area that I’m not aware of…?
    Last edited by reillo584; 01-28-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I vote for a stroll south from Best Buy, stop for drinks at the 7 Eleven, and on to the PCSO substation (Meridian x 160th St). Yes, it is a long walk, but didn't someone mention losing weight?
    I was stopped on Meridian near the A&W, bank (can't remember which), 7-11, just prior to the best buy....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast